Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Firearms laws. UK vs US.

+6
Jake McHale
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Would you own a firearm if you could?

Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Vote_lcap31%Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Vote_lcap69%Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Vote_rcap 69% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

101Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 17:19

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Is this thread about guns or are we posting our CV's? 

being brought up around guns is one thing, getting a cheap thrill seeing the life stuffed out of a defenceless living creature (vermin or not) is quite another. 
Just telling Nat some facts hipster. 

I've explained before, I get no thrill from watching anything suffer, I go to great lengths as well to prevent this happening. Truth be told, most don't even know its happened. shooting is the fastest and most humane way of killing ANY animal - fact. 

In fact, Id go as far to say the drugs that vets use to put down animals, causes them more suffering than just shooting them, in fact ive discussed this with a vet once and he agreed, that is why racehorses are shot instead of injected still to this day - the bigger the animal, the more resilience to the drugs it has. Shooting is instant and painless. 

It may actually surprise you that I was always against foxhunting, not shooting them, but actual foxhunting - you know, the one where they chase a fox across fields on horses with beagles and then watch the dogs rip the fox apart. Many farmers and landowners are too. I dont agree with any animal, pest or not - suffering a long and painful death, i understand its not the fox's fault its a fox.

You know what's more humane than shooting a fox? Not shooting it.
Are you a member of Greenpeace or vote Green? 

Or worse, a member of PETA? 

If so, with all due respect, your opinion does not count one jot.

Why is being a member of peta worse.

You know what i was joking before about the twat comment

But not now

That is a very twattish thing to say
Im sorry. I didnt mean to come accross as twattish. 

I hate PETA as they justify killing hundreds of humans just to save one Lab rat. Their logic is fucked up.

102Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 17:21

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:I don't hate guns, but I can't stand the absolute morons from the NRA who argue gun control needs to be relaxed and by some of your comments I see a similar state of mind and it's ridiculous - ie the argument if ISIS invaded you could protect your family. You're insane if you think that scenario is even a remote possibility. You mock the your friends wife but when it comes to civilised thought the overwhelming majority of people agree with her. 

I can just about stomach people shooting for 'vermin' control (although the fact you class foxes as such vermin shows you're pretty clueless as to what that is), but you enjoy killing animals for sport which I find slightly worrying as to your state of mind and completely pathetic to be honest. What does it achieve to kill something that can't fight back? 

It's akin to having a penalty shootout against your baby son.
Where did I class fox as vermin? They essentially are but i never actually stated they were, they are not on the general licence and thus are more of a 'pest' than vermin. 

I also stated I don't kill anything simply for Sport.

I don't speak toff so maybe I've misunderstood, what did you mean when you said you -

'partake in the occasional game bird shoot'

As for foxes -

Reebok Rebel wrote:If we don't control the fox population, however cute and cuddly they look, they eradicate entire farms of chickens - you know, the chickens you get your Sunday chicken and your morning egg from? Have you seen what foxes do to chickens? they have also, in the past mauled young children. horrible vicious things. 

103Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 17:23

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:I don't hate guns, but I can't stand the absolute morons from the NRA who argue gun control needs to be relaxed and by some of your comments I see a similar state of mind and it's ridiculous - ie the argument if ISIS invaded you could protect your family. You're insane if you think that scenario is even a remote possibility. You mock the your friends wife but when it comes to civilised thought the overwhelming majority of people agree with her. 

I can just about stomach people shooting for 'vermin' control (although the fact you class foxes as such vermin shows you're pretty clueless as to what that is), but you enjoy killing animals for sport which I find slightly worrying as to your state of mind and completely pathetic to be honest. What does it achieve to kill something that can't fight back? 

It's akin to having a penalty shootout against your baby son.
Where did I class fox as vermin? They essentially are but i never actually stated they were, they are not on the general licence and thus are more of a 'pest' than vermin. 

I also stated I don't kill anything simply for Sport.

I don't speak toff so maybe I've misunderstood, what did you mean when you said you -

'partake in the occasional game bird shoot'
Have you ever eaten Pheasant or Grouse? 

If you have, I guarantee you 100% that it would have died by a bullet.

104Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 17:24

No I haven't, and I gladly never will if it supports a bunch of toffs going shooting for a weekend.

So just to be clear, you do kill for sport?

105Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 17:29

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:No I haven't, and I gladly never will if it supports a bunch of toffs going shooting for a weekend.

I suppose shooting ground birds COULD be considered sport BUT... 

These birds are bred to be shot and eaten, there is no other reason they are kept. Gamekeepers look after them until the season then they are released. 

I see no difference to any other meat, they die almost instantly, maybe even faster than meat that is so-called 'humanely' killed in an abattoir like beef or pork, these animals are also farmed to die and be eaten. 

There is no difference, They are bred, they are killed, then they are eaten.

106Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 17:31

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:No I haven't, and I gladly never will if it supports a bunch of toffs going shooting for a weekend.

These birds are bred to be shot and eaten, there is no other reason they are kept. Gamekeepers look after them until the season then they are released. 

I see no difference to any other meat, they die almost instantly, maybe even faster than meat that is so-called 'humanely' killed in an abattoir like beef or pork, these animals are also farmed to die and be eaten. 

So if we bred humans for shooting that would be okay too?

107Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 18:05

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

You shoot because you enjoy it, I don't think anybody on this site is naive enought to believe you shoot animals out of necessity - even you.

The fact they're are bred to be killed is completely twisted, by that logic I take it you agree with the game reserves in Africa where the rich can go and shoot a lion that's been bred for that sole purpose?

Don't come back with 'oh no that's not okay because the lion doesn't get eaten afterwards' because that is really not the point.

108Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 18:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

do you get the feeling Rebel regrets starting this thread?  Very Happy

109Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 18:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh the irony when the hitman I've hired takes out Rebel with glock automatic.

110Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 18:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Oh the irony when the hitman I've hired takes out Rebel with glock automatic.
 is that before or after me? just needed to check if i need to cancel my Tesco grocery order for this month, wouldn't want to waste my money

111Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 18:13

Norpig wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Oh the irony when the hitman I've hired takes out Rebel with glock automatic.
 is that before or after me?

Your the starter

112Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 18:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In fairness to Rebel he does make some valid points. The Farming community have always held shotgun certificates for controlling vermin like rats and foxes. We slaughter cattle, pigs and sheep for human consumption so what is the problem with shooting a pheasant or a grouse when it is destined for the table anyway?

113Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 18:15

Reebok Trotter wrote:In fairness to Rebel he does make some valid points. The Farming community have always held shotgun certificates for controlling vermin like rats and foxes. We slaughter cattle, pigs and sheep for human consumption so what is the problem with shooting a pheasant or a grouse when it is destined for the table anyway?

Because if it wasn't shot it wouldn't be destined for the table.

114Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 18:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

:clap:

115Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 19:50

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:do you get the feeling Rebel regrets starting this thread?  Very Happy
No, I Dont  Laughing

116Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 19:51

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:In fairness to Rebel he does make some valid points. The Farming community have always held shotgun certificates for controlling vermin like rats and foxes. We slaughter cattle, pigs and sheep for human consumption so what is the problem with shooting a pheasant or a grouse when it is destined for the table anyway?

Yes it would. Same as a cow, pig or a lamb.

117Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 19:53

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

You shoot because you enjoy it, I don't think anybody on this site is naive enought to believe you shoot animals out of necessity - even you.

The fact they're are bred to be killed is completely twisted, by that logic I take it you agree with the game reserves in Africa where the rich can go and shoot a lion that's been bred for that sole purpose?

Don't come back with 'oh no that's not okay because the lion doesn't get eaten afterwards' because that is really not the point.
I think ive explained the necessity of it several times. 

And yes, the fact the lion does not get eaten makes it TOTALLY different.

118Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 20:19

Maybe to your conscience, but to the lion/fox/pheasant it doesn't make a hot of difference.

119Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 21:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Man is at the top of the food chain as a carnivore. The vast majority of people eat meat. That meat comes from animals. It's been that way since the beginning of time from the caveman days. Instead of clubbing them to death we shoot them. Far more humane in my humble opinion.

120Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 21:37

We're omnivores, and we can survive without eating meat. Our situation and capabilities have changed a lot since we were cavemen in particular the massive growth in our population. So much so that everyday 20 million chickens are eaten in the US. The amount of meat we eat is out of control and disgusting IMO.

But thats irrelevant to this argument, which is should we be shooting wild animals for sport? The answer is no.

The original question was should gun law be relaxed in the UK and there certainly hasn't been a good reason given for that, unless anyone else thinks we're on the brink of an ISIS invasion like Rebel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum