Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Firearms laws. UK vs US.

+6
Jake McHale
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Would you own a firearm if you could?

Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Vote_lcap69%Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 69% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

21Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:01

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'm a big fan of Death Wish.

22Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:02

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

And more recent Harry Brown.

23Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:04

Jake McHale wrote:And more recent Harry Brown.
i watched harry brown last night for about the third time and now i need to stop and never watch it again.  As great a film as it is (and it is one of the best i have seen)  it gets me all wound up!

24Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:05

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
DO you eat meat? 

Explain to me.... 

Whats the difference between shooting a rabbit (that causes untold damage to farmers infrastructure) and eating it, or killing a cow or a lamb to also eat it? 

Livestock is kept to be eaten. There is no difference between a cow being killed for its meat and a rabbit, except one dies instantly (the rabbit) and the cow takes a few more seconds due to the methods used in its killing.

It's called nature Rebel, you can't just shoot something because you don't like it. Rabbits and foxes were here long before you were and will be here long after the human race is extinct.

You come across as a right bellend, I bet you're soft as shite in real life. Perhaps that's why you need a gun and the chavvy dogs, to pretend you're a hard man.

I'll kick the shit out of you any day of the week.
I think you will find that cows, pigs and sheep are also 'nature' Nat. before we as humans started to breed them for the sole purpose of feeding ourselves with. 

Any animal that causes damage to an industry (in this case farming) is considered to be a pest and thus needs culling. 

If we don't control the rabbit population - they overrun and destroy entire forests. 

If we don't control pest birds - they eat all the seeds that you vegetarians get your bread from. 

If we don't control the fox population, however cute and cuddly they look, they eradicate entire farms of chickens - you know, the chickens you get your Sunday chicken and your morning egg from? Have you seen what foxes do to chickens? they have also, in the past mauled young children. horrible vicious things. 

These are all facts Nat.

25Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:10

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:You paint quite a picture......

Chavvy mental stupid shitty dogs and now guns.
Shitty dogs? Explain please. 

Chavvy? what makes you think that?

Sorry Rebel but I always picture people who own these 'jaws on legs', wearing baseball caps and have their tracksuit bottoms tucked into their socks.

Call me a hypocrite but I'd shoot them though.  Very Happy

26Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:13

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Copper Dragon wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:You paint quite a picture......

Chavvy mental stupid shitty dogs and now guns.
Shitty dogs? Explain please. 

Chavvy? what makes you think that?

Sorry Rebel but I always picture people who own these 'jaws on legs', wearing baseball caps and have their tracksuit bottoms tucked into their socks.

Call me a hypocrite but I'd shoot them though.  Very Happy
So would I. 

If you met the bull-mastiff you would realise that she is the softest, most well mannered dog ever. As a breed they are not renowned for their aggression. Shes a pet not a guard dog. all my dogs are.

27Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:15

Explain to me the need for you to have a gun? Except for you getting a thrill of killing something completely defenceless.

28Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
i watched harry brown last night for about the third time and now i need to stop and never watch it again.  As great a film as it is (and it is one of the best i have seen)  it gets me all wound up!
Never seen Harry Brown.
I take it it'll be worth my while?

29Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:20

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

y2johnny wrote:
Love it when he shoots the twat in the gut among his plants and then tells him how he's gonna die.

30Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:21

boltonbonce wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Never seen Harry Brown.
it's a great film boncey, just be prepared to get wound up and want to go out vigilante style hunting down all these little gang banger wannabes that seem to be stood outside every shop.  (maybe thats just in Salford!)

31Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:21

Jake McHale wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Love it when he shoots the twat in the gut among his plants and then tells him how he's gonna die.
Massive waste of greenage though wasn't it JM

32Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:21

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

boltonbonce wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Never seen Harry Brown.
If you dont like it there's something wrong with you bonce.

33Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:23

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

y2johnny wrote:
Jake McHale wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Massive waste of greenage though wasn't it JM
Most definately y2

34Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ta lads, I'll look forward to watching it.

35Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:31

boltonbonce wrote:Ta lads, I'll look forward to watching it.
it's one of those where there isn't that much dialogue really either.  One of the things that was bugging me, one of the characters was called Len, and i know he had been in something before.  I hate using IMDB and try and rack my brain before resorting to it but i just couldn't place where i knew him from.  Anyway, if you watch it boncey see if you recognise him.  i bet JM did

36Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:31

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I'm not glorifying the use of guns at all and to basically make them a 'free-for-all' would be a ridiculously stupid thing, I just think the UK's firearms laws are a little over the top and more governed by public outrage rather than common sense. 

I believe responsible gun ownership is a privilege to be afforded to anybody who has a valid reason, no major history of mental illness and the proper means to store them. 

What's the advantage of loosening gun laws?

What's your valid reason for having a gun?

37Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:36

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:Explain to me the need for you to have a gun? Except for you getting a thrill of killing something completely defenceless.
I have been brought up around firearms. its in my genetic make-up. I make no apologies for this. My family are from the country and all have some form of military service on top of that so I was shooting from a very young age. I was taught to respect them and use them properly. 

People who are brought up around a farming/hunting environment, tend to be exposed to firearms quite a lot, its the easiest way to control certain pests, its the only real way to kill birds and foxes if the truth be told - birds, due to the fact they fly and foxes as they are cunning and clever, bullets are about the only thing a fox cant avoid. 

I admit, I do get a bit of a thrill from making a kill, but its the same thrill I get from hitting any target - static or living.  When I look down the sights of a gun, I see a target, that's how I see things. 

I don't kill indiscriminately, All edible quarry is used as food either by myself or other people. 

If certain people didn't control populations of certain animals, the problems would be apparent for all to see, most people simply don't understand the need though, its not their fault, its the fault of the people who drum the mantra that guns are evil in to them, they are not. they are a very useful tool, a tool that is admittedly fun to use, but a tool nonetheless. 

Is that a good enough reason?

38Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:42

No that's miles away from a good enough reason. 

I'll accept farmers use of guns to control pests, but you're not a farmer so what's the need? Find another hobby. 

Your mates wife was spot on that animals shouldn't have to worry about being hunted purely because a set of toffs want something to do on the weekend. 

On the wider issue of relaxing gun laws, what's the point? Farmers have enough leeway to control 'pests' so what's the need? 

The point is the exact same as the issue with 'dangerous' dogs. There are plenty who are responsible and know how to handle them properly, but looser laws makes it easier for the few who aren't to get their hands on them and that's where the trouble begins.

39Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My whole family is military too but I wouldn't want to own a gun thats for sure.

and the notion that more guns reduces crime is about the most warped piece of illogic I think can of.

getting a thrill from killing is worrying IMO, and should probably be evaluated by a medical professional.

40Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
I have been brought up around firearms. its in my genetic make-up. I make no apologies for this. My family are from the country and all have some form of military service on top of that so I was shooting from a very young age. I was taught to respect them and use them properly. 

People who are brought up around a farming/hunting environment, tend to be exposed to firearms quite a lot, its the easiest way to control certain pests, its the only real way to kill birds and foxes if the truth be told - birds, due to the fact they fly and foxes as they are cunning and clever, bullets are about the only thing a fox cant avoid. 

I admit, I do get a bit of a thrill from making a kill, but its the same thrill I get from hitting any target - static or living.  When I look down the sights of a gun, I see a target, that's how I see things. 

I don't kill indiscriminately, All edible quarry is used as food either by myself or other people. 

If certain people didn't control populations of certain animals, the problems would be apparent for all to see, most people simply don't understand the need though, its not their fault, its the fault of the people who drum the mantra that guns are evil in to them, they are not. they are a very useful tool, a tool that is admittedly fun to use, but a tool nonetheless. 

Is that a good enough reason?

It's the same bullshit argument all killers make.

As if you killing a few rabbits/foxes controls their numbers, you utter bellend.

I'd hunt you down and gut you like a pig but unfortunately all the roads and houses on Buckshaw Village look the same so I'd get lost.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum