Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gartside - Coyle is safe

+8
xmiles
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
largehat
aaron_bwfc
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 13:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

At least another season of Owen ''fine margins'' Coyle then.

Owen Coyle will remain as manager of relegated Bolton, chairman Phil Gartside has told BBC Radio Manchester.

The club's 11-year stay in the Premier League came to an end on Sunday with a 2-2 draw at Stoke City.

"I want Owen to stay and I'm certain he will stay," said Gartside. "We've formed a good working relationship and I respect the way he works.

"He's been very unlucky this year. He's a young manager, he's learned a lot and we've invested in that."
"During the season, we've had 15 trauma injuries, including four broken legs. I've been on the board for nearly 30 years and I've never seen a season where we've had such a horrendous injury list.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 13:33

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Excellent news.

3Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 14:07

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

im not 100% behind this decision....but hey, fuck all i can do about it.

If we are playing around at the top (or near the top) of the league next season, i wont give two shites.

but if we are just as crap by January as we have been this season, regardless of injuries, referees hating us, moon phases or any other bullshit excuses coyle uses for the team looking like they are not actually footballers...he will be getting it both barrels.

I'm pretty sure though, that the lads in the ESL would have hounded him out by then anyway.

the rest can just carry on clapping...

4Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 14:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I reckon he will live or die by next seasons results. If we are not in the top ten by Xmas then the knives will be out.

5Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 14:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a really stupid decision and one that will probably hurt us for many years to come.

I can understand Coyle wanting to keep his job, I can undrstand Gartside wanting Coyle to keep his job, what I can't understand is a successful businessman like Eddie Davis letting Coyle ruin the club even further.

Yes we've had injuries, yes we've had some decisions go against us, but Coyle is still responsible for the crap team, the lack of effort and the awful signings.

6Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 14:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here is a good interview with Phil on Coyle, the injuries, the debt at the club and his hopes that many of the squad will stay.

Talksport Exclusive.

7Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 14:21

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Here is a good interview with Phil on Coyle, the injuries, the debt at the club and his hopes that many of the squad will stay.

Talksport Exclusive.

I also remember him stating that 'securing our premier league status is of paramount importance' a few months ago.

coyle failed in that respect.

by extension, so did gartside.

they are both full of shit...

8Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 14:42

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

And some.

9Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 14:47

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

largehat wrote:Excellent news.

WUM.

10Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 14:56

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:

WUM.

Largehat is very opinionated, and i very rarely agree with him, but hes defiantly not a WUM...

11Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 15:04

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Oh well more of the same next season - no wonder Wednesday's and Palace's odds of promotion are far superior to ours.

If most of us fans and bookies can see the problem, then why can't gartside!!

League one this time next year? I predict so, if we keep with Coyle.

12Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 15:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bookies don't think we'll go up?

Well that settles it!

13Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 15:23

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:

WUM.

You're the WUM.

My belief in Coyle is well established and documented.

14Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 15:24

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The bookies don't think we'll go up?

Well that settles it!

But we are one of the favourites to go up - joint 3rd favourites.

How this translates to "the bookies don't think we'll go up", I haven't the foggiest.

15Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 15:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:The bookies don't think we'll go up?

Well that settles it!

But we are one of the favourites to go up - joint 3rd favourites.

How this translates to "the bookies don't think we'll go up", I haven't the foggiest.

I hadn't checked until just now and i can report we are joint favourites and no worse than second favourites with ALL bookies.

Leicester are favourites.

Crystal Palace are 80/1 and Wednesday at 20/1

16Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 16:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I go to matches with somebody who feels indifferent about Bolton and even he (somebody with no emotions clouding his judgement) has been left astonished by Coyle's performance from August to May.

Ostensibly, what's happened is understandable to an extent given the injuries to key players, but what he could have done differently to better deal with that is debatable. A good manager would have made big decisions sooner (how long did it take him to even try 4-5-1, and drop Kevin Davies?), been keener to try out different players when the usual suspects offered nothing at all (Tuncay, Sordell, Kakuta) and wouldn't have reverted back to a proven failure of a system for the final four games of the season.

17Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 16:07

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well I was looking at Skybet last night and were 66/1 whilst Palace were 50/1 and Wednesday were 33/1.

18Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 16:09

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You must have been looking at the wrong odds.

19Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 16:12

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

bwfc71 wrote:Well I was looking at Skybet last night and were 66/1 whilst Palace were 50/1 and Wednesday were 33/1.

Can you put £10k on for me at 66/1. I'll have to owe you the cash Very Happy

20Gartside - Coyle is safe Empty Re: Gartside - Coyle is safe Tue May 15 2012, 16:20

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:You must have been looking at the wrong odds.

Nope. In fact checked it 3 times just to make sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum