Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Jermaine Beckford worth another chance?

+10
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
bryan458
Reebok_Rebel
Norpig
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
karlypants
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know many do not like him but he seems to have found his scoring feet again although for Preston who are in League 1.

wondergoal...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He has so far scored 10 goals in 19 games.

Do any of you feel he is worth one last chance seeing that we paid £1 million for him or just simply let him go at the end of the season when his contract expires?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He can't handle the pressure at big clubs

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

No, he seemed to have lost his appetite for the game whilst at Bolton, and I'm sure it would be a dark place for him, especially if he has a slow start.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

no i would let him go, he hit rock bottom after the Leeds game so i think it's time to move on.

Boggersbelief wrote:He can't handle the pressure at big clubs

lol!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

no, not at all. no fight, no passion, lazy, twitter-obsessed fanny.

Never proved he could do it in the championship unfortunately. His movement's great but his finishing just isn't good enough.

Think his treatment from the fans was harsh to be honest, don't think he deserved that. But best for all parties if he gets a permanent move to Preston IMO.

Reebok_Rebel wrote:no, not at all. no fight, no passion, lazy, twitter-obsessed fanny.

15 tweets in his life is obsessed?

You're probably mixing him up with Rob Hall you racist berk.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pc gone mad

It was tongue in cheek.

Bet Rebel is mixing him up with Rob Hall though.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:no, not at all. no fight, no passion, lazy, twitter-obsessed fanny.

Explain exactly how that comment was racist?

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Freedman brought him in!!!!

Nuff said!!!!!

Mad

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Explain exactly how that comment was racist?

See post 10 (before 11, after 9).

Beckford's style of "stand there with your arm up waiting for the ball to come to you about six yards out" striking is fine against defenders in the Third Division because he's playing against Third Division defenders who are in the Third Division because they are Third Division quality.

It doesn't, however, work in The Championship.

Get rid.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Beckford's style of "stand there with your arm up waiting for the ball to come to you about six yards out" striking is fine against defenders in the Third Division because he's playing against Third Division defenders who are in the Third Division because they are Third Division quality.

It doesn't, however, work in The Championship.

Get rid.

Agreed. If we're keeping Eidur and/or Emile then we need to be developing a couple of younger strikers with a future ahead of them instead of another ready for the scrapheap.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't think he has the pace he once had or sufficient skill to hack it. Shame really. Once scored a cracker for Everton against us and sadly that's the most memorable thing about him.

The kids will probably be good enough for our team next year as I'm not expecting a promotion push.

No

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Crap finisher, simple as that.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The only problem with Beckford in a Bolton shirt is his finishing. I think we'd all agree, he gets plenty of good chances over 90 minutes, he's just been awful at putting them away.

So how is it he's banging them in left right and centre for Preston, but he couldn't hit a barn door for us? Is it that the keepers are substantially better in the Championship? Obviously they're better but not to that extent. Bare in mind also, he wasn't that bad for Everton from a goals point of view.

I think he's well capable at our level, just not with us sadly now that he's burnt his bridges.

Last edited by doffcocker on Fri Apr 17 2015, 18:49; edited 1 time in total

Championship 'keepers, not League One (Third Division), surely?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum