Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Did/Do You Collect ???

+4
Bwfc1958
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Banks of the Croal
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sat Apr 25 2015, 22:46

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

When you were a Kid/Or now.

Used to collect empty Cigarette Packets, went rooting in waste bins for them back then.

2What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty Re: What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sat Apr 25 2015, 22:50

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I try to collect money, but I keep spending it!

Panini stickers back in the day along with WWF stickers.

3What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty Re: What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sat Apr 25 2015, 23:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was one that collected the panini stickers for the football when I was a kid.

I also used to collect the Hard Rock Cafe pin badges from the ones I have been to.

You could say I collect I.T equipment as my home is full of this shite, I seriously need to part with some stuff and throw it out! Very Happy

Used to collect Pogs at one time when I was a kid and the crowns of beer as well. Smile

4What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty Re: What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sat Apr 25 2015, 23:25

Used to collect empty beer bottles when i was at college, then I tidied up.

Used to collect the tops off smarties when they had letters on, had them all except w. Also collected toys out of kinder eggs and football stickers as well.

5What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty Re: What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sat Apr 25 2015, 23:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Used to collect empty beer bottles when i was at college, then I tidied up.

Used to collect the tops off smarties when they had letters on, had them all except w. Also collected toys out of kinder eggs and football stickers as well.

I remember seeing the letters imprinted on the caps of the Smarties tubes and always wondered why they were there.

I presume they just simply spelt Smarties? Smile

Edit: then again you said you never had letter W.

Do you know what the letters were supposed to spell? Smile

6What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty Re: What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sun Apr 26 2015, 02:16

karlypants wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:Used to collect empty beer bottles when i was at college, then I tidied up.

I remember seeing the letters imprinted on the caps of the Smarties tubes and always wondered why they were there.

I'm guessing the alphabet, or in a cruel twist of fate the alphabet minus the letter w meaning my collection was omplete.

7What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty Re: What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sun Apr 26 2015, 08:41

Barb Dwyer wrote:
karlypants wrote:

I'm guessing the alphabet, or in a cruel twist of fate the alphabet minus the letter w meaning my collection was omplete.

Did you not just turn the m upside down?

8What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty Re: What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sun Apr 26 2015, 08:46

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I used to collect Pogs, football stickers and them big head footballers. I think they're called soccer starz these days.

9What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty Re: What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sun Apr 26 2015, 08:49

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

These ones

What Did/Do You Collect ??? MPlxwJ_esLItIPA-Dwwy8cQ

10What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty Re: What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sun Apr 26 2015, 10:05

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

MAD and Cracked magazines. I have some now that are over 20 years old.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

11What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty Re: What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sun Apr 26 2015, 10:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Football cards from Shoot magazine. Marvel comics from the sixties ( which would be worth a fortune nowadays.)

12What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty Re: What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sun Apr 26 2015, 10:39

Tazos

13What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty Re: What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sun Apr 26 2015, 12:13

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

I remember my nan used to collect focus points out of embassy packs.

14What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty Re: What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sun Apr 26 2015, 12:50

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Kensitas coupons -you needed about 50million to buy a transistor radio.
Younger readers won't have a clue what I'm talking about - but the greybeards will remember them

15What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty Re: What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sun Apr 26 2015, 18:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone remember Green Shield stamps?

16What Did/Do You Collect ??? Empty Re: What Did/Do You Collect ??? Sun Apr 26 2015, 18:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes. I can still taste them.
Collected footy progs for a long time but ran out of space.
Still collect BWFC memorabilia.
PG Tips cards.
The tops off ACDO pkts. Collect so many and you could send off for a free gift.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum