Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What did you collect as a skool kid ?

+6
rammywhite
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What did you collect as a skool kid ? Empty What did you collect as a skool kid ? Fri Feb 07 2014, 00:16

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I collected Football cards ,flags of the world, steering wheels from scrap yards or abandoned cars, coupons from people's letter boxes, Tax discs from unlocked vehicles, walking sticks,and girls knickers that I went out with made for a good bedtime I hid them under my brothers mattress. Very Happy

You are fuckin' mental, aren't you AD?

I collected nowt more than badges in the Cubs, and later, the Scouts.

I didn't "collect" my first dead prostitute until I was at least 17.

Smelly cow.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Football Stickers during the 1990 world cup - and that was it...

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Breadman wrote:You are fuckin' mental, aren't you AD?

I collected nowt more than badges in the Cubs, and later, the Scouts.

I didn't "collect" my first dead prostitute until I was at least 17.

Smelly cow.
  Razz

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Football Stickers during the 1990 world cup - and that was it...

I collected the premier league ones done by panini, I'm sure you remember them (your not much older than me if your age is correct!)?

I have a 95 and 97 sticker book nearly full somewhere, it was great fun with swapping your duplicates with your friends!

I also collected Pogs, I still have a small tin of those somewhere in the loft as well!

Oh and bugs, not the real things but them things that could be stuck on something from the bottom that were fluffy and said the name of where you bought them from Very Happy

It brings back good memories! Smile

95 and 98.....?

I've got the complete 78, 79 and Euro 80 ones.

(And no, they're not in black and white.)

This bit's got me stumped:

"Oh and bugs, not the real things but thm things that could be stuck on something from the bottom that were fluffy and said the name of where you bought them from What did you collect as a skool kid ? Icon_biggrin"

We called them bed-bugs when I was a kid.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:95 and 98.....?

I've got the complete 78, 79 and Euro 80 ones.

(And no, they're not in black and white.)

This bit's got me stumped:

"Oh and bugs, not the real things but thm things that could be stuck on something from the bottom that were fluffy and said the name of where you bought them from What did you collect as a skool kid ? Icon_biggrin"

We called them bed-bugs when I was a kid.

The sticker books you collected were a bit before my time to be honest.

I'm not sure if they were really called bugs or not but they were small and fluffy with a peelable sticker on the bottom so you could stick them on something, people usually bought them from places they had visited like Tatton Park for example and had a bit of fabric stitched to them saying where it was from.

I will try and find a pic for you. Smile

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These are the things Breadman, they are called advertising logo bugs! Smile

What did you collect as a skool kid ? 353lp-lg

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got it, got it, need it, got it...

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember getting one of these bugs from SWEB electric in the late 80's on the front lawn in Teignmouth when they were advertising their electric etc.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Got it, got it, need it, got it...

Very Happy 

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Football stickers about 1992 I reckon. Didn't last long...

Nothing else I can think of. Not even trolls or tamagochis.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Football stickers about 1992 I reckon. Didn't last long...

Nothing else I can think of. Not even trolls or tamagochis.

I remember the trolls and tamagotchis!

Always wanted a tamagotchi but never got one, probably a good thing to be honest I would have only left it to die Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I seem to remember having a troll for a pencil topper at one stage

It had blue clothes on with red hair Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i used to collect the panini stickers in the late 70's and early 80's, never got a full book though and by the end i always has loads of duplicate stickers (or swaps) i could never get rid of.
I also collected comics, my favourites were Roy of the Rovers, the Beano and Whizzer and Chips.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Money.
I used to buy 5 Park Drive on Moor Lane bus station every morning on the way to school for 9d (that's 9 old pence). I'd sell 3 for 3d each (that's three old pence) and the other two fags were mine- one for the morning in the bogs and the other for the afternoon. Then tomorrow I'd buy 5 more....
My  older sister was an optician in Bolton and I'd nick appointment cards and sell them for 6d each with fake appointments so other kids could get out of school.
Made a fortune at it. Until I got found out.

Last edited by rammywhite on Fri Feb 07 2014, 10:20; edited 1 time in total

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

All sorts of cards, football, Mars attacks, outer limits, Americancivil war, etc.
Any stuff connected with music.
Subbutteo teams.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Money.
I used to buy 5 Park Drive on Moor Lane bus station every morning on the way to school for 9d (that's 9 old pence). I'd sell 3 for 3d each (that's three old pence) and the other two fags were mine- one for the morning in the bogs and the other for the afternoon. Then tomorrow I'd buy 5 more....
My  older sister was an optician in Bolton and I'd nick appointment cards and sell them for 6d each with fake appointments so other kids could get out of school.

You have a capitalist streak Rammy!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I collected comics as a kid. Marvel, not DC. I had Spider Man, Thor, The Green Lantern, The Fantastic Four, Captain America etc etc. In the sixties they were a great source of entertainment. If I had them today they would be worth a few bob.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Money.

You have a capitalist streak Rammy!

I became an accountant when I grew up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum