Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume II

+14
finlaymcdanger
scottjames30
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Mr Magoo
Norpig
Banks of the Croal
Bwfc1958
Copper Dragon
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 50]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Barb Dwyer wrote:Most viewed topics include soemthing about Justin Lee Collins and Gary Cahill wants Man United Move. Whose been looking at them so much?

The Cahill / United one was because Biggie put up a 'spoof' report on NewsNow in the early days of the site, in an attempt to get us 'talked about' - Iirc it was the day we also set our record of the most people on site at the same time.

As for JLC, I think that comes from people searching the web on google etc, and putting in key words such as JLC (stalker) and being brought to that thread on here.

Neither of the threads were in any way that popular at the time with normal Nut readers.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just heard that Keighley rugby league player Danny Jones has died after collapsing during the game today.
He was 29 and suffered a suspected cardiac arrest. He was the Father of 5 month old twins.
RIP.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Just heard that Keighley rugby league player Danny Jones has died after collapsing during the game today.
He was 29 and suffered a suspected cardiac arrest. He was the Father of 5 month old twins.
RIP.

Terrible news

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:If you get time Sluffy,it'd be nice to have a potted history of nuts.
When and how it started etc; Don't know much about it myself.

I was a mod on Burnden Aces and basically ran the site whilst its founder and owner was struggling to do his degree course at the time.

I basically built up the site from nothing to a forum that rivaled tw and ww in terms of daily posts.

Over the couple of years I was doing it (for fun, in my own time) I had to deal with all sorts of issues and even though I did everything fairly and honestly, some people didn't like what I did and went to quite extreme lengths to cause trouble.

Anyway out of the blue one day the site owner - without any warning - decided to sack me.

As it would have been impossible to continue on that site due to the amount of abuse I would have had from those I'd upset during my time in defacto charge, I posted my thanks and gratitude to a number of posters who I had built up a rapport with and explaining why I would be no longer be posting on the forum.

I was quite touched from the overwhelming thanks and support I got back in return and a number of people offered their help and support for me to start a new forum.

As I had nothing to lose, I brought together two other people and between ourselves founded Nuts.

Biggie joined us shortly afterwards and helped immensely in setting up this very forum that we are on today.

Contrary to anything you may see or read on any other forum, we did not poach anyone away from anywhere else, nor offer mod roles as 'bribes' to get people to join us.

A couple of existing forum owners actually set out to sabotage us and try to strangle the site at birth - true story.

We advertised the best we could by word of mouth, a few distributed calling cards and asking permission of other forums to announce that little old Nuts was in existence.

The latter wasn't as cheeky as you may first think.

All the forums at the time were long existing, had very strong and loyal memberships and the forums that had started since BA, had all failed.

We, the founder members ourselves didn't think we had a great chance of survival but we were only doing it for a laugh, it wasn't expensive to run and we were all old time forumers - most of whom had already been banned from one forum or another - over nothing much.

We were no threat to any other forum.

Only Bolton Mad and JA606 said is was ok.

BA censored any mention of Nuts on their site.

TW, kept us hanging on and hanging on, then said no.

WW and the Mavis forums were the ones whose owners tried to sabotage us - so not much point asking them.

Bolton Evening News was unmodded and had no one to ask - it as of course since been shut down.

Anyway we've done our best, got a few things wrong and many things right.  Had our ups and downs and plenty laughs - and that's how we like things.

We aren't perfect, we aren't always PC, we believe most people enjoy a laugh but we also know a small few take it too far.

At the end of the day we are all adults and it isn't our job to tell people how they should behave.

We try to run the site fair and squarely to everyone, we run it for free, in our own time, and if anybody doesn't like what we do then they are quite free to say - and if they don't like our reply to post some place else.

Thats not a threat or bullying - just common sense.

It's ashame one or two try to spoil it for the many but that's how it is in normal life too.

We created the site for a laugh, we would like to get more people involved and posting to make it even better for all of us and hopefully with everybodys help and cooperation thats exactly what we will do.

Up the Nutters!!!

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The very nice moderators on Bolton Mad said it was okay but the problem was that the Footymad hierarchy don't like the advertisement of any other sites, which Sluffy found out to his expense.

It didn't matter though because everyone knew about the site by the time the posts were deleted.  pirat

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

You've done a good job Sluffy. The people that post on here are better than what you get on other forums and the layout is much better as well. I tried out a few forums around the time I discovered nuts but this is the only one I stuck with. You can't please everyone all of the time, you can only do your best and imo your best has been more than good enough.

Keep up the good work!!

Bwfc1958 wrote:You've done a good job Sluffy. The people that post on here are better than what you get on other forums and the layout is much better as well. I tried out a few forums around the time I discovered nuts but this is the only one I stuck with. You can't please everyone all of the time, you can only do your best and imo your best has been more than good enough.

Keep up the good work!!

:stupid: (Sorry I couldn't see the I agree emoticon)

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brilliant Sluffy. Thanks for that.
For my part,I can honestly say I don't believe there's a better forum out there. And that's thanks,to a huge degree,to yourself and everyone else who works so hard behind the scenes to make the site work.
Can't be easy trying to keep everyone happy on here,so big respect.

Onward and upward. cheers

Put the money in an envelope and drop it at the usual place.

boltonbonce wrote:Brilliant Sluffy. Thanks for that.
For my part,I can honestly say I don't believe there's a better forum out there. And that's thanks,to a huge degree,to yourself and everyone else who works so hard behind the scenes to make the site work.
Can't be easy trying to keep everyone happy on here,so big respect.

Onward and upward. cheers

Put the money in an envelope and drop it at the usual place.

Calm down dad, or they will be upping your dose tonight

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm on the hard stuff of the Irish variety.
I'll take anyone one. (within reason)
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume II - Page 4 Giphy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I'm on the hard stuff of the Irish variety.
I'll take anyone one. (within reason)
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume II - Page 4 Giphy

Time to lay off the whiskey! Very Happy

There's no "E" in Whisky, Karl.

"E" is a totally different kind of stimulant altogether.

And it's bad, kids - don't do it.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone seen Banksy?
He was complaining of hypothermia yesterday.
Check your garden sheds.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:There's no "E" in Whisky, Karl.

"E" is a totally different kind of stimulant altogether.

And it's bad, kids - don't do it.

I'm not trusting Firefox spell check again after that! :whistle:

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Firefox bad........Opera good.

It's a great fillum!

Clint Eastwood flies the shit out of that stolen Russian plane!

boltonbonce wrote:Anyone seen Banksy?
Check your garden sheds.

He's fine.

He's busy doing his graffiti thing at the Macron:

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume II - Page 4 Maxresdefault

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's over on another thread.
He's alive.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:Anyone seen Banksy?
Check your garden sheds.
The last thing you want is someone checking your garden shed Bonce. They might discover your hostage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum