Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+27
finlaymcdanger
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
JAH
bryan458
Sluffy
Barryjw
xmiles
Reebok_Rebel
MartinBWFC
observer
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
Banks of the Croal
Copper Dragon
Keegan
terenceanne
FullofSprite
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Norpig
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 36 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 50]

421Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 10:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would be amazed if Lennon went into the season with a striking trio of Heskey, Dobbin and Madine.

Utter shite.

422Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 10:45

Clough, Clayton?

Some fan you are.

423Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 11:05

Cloughs leaving, Boggers said so.

424Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 11:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

QPR interest isn't going away to be fair.

425Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 11:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I would be amazed if Lennon went into the season with a striking trio of Heskey, Dobbin and Madine.

Utter shite.

He may not have a choice in the matter.

That said, they could do OK if the rest of the team and especially the back four are solid and set up to get forward and create chances for the strikers - although we still seem a long way from that and there's no news about potential signings.

426Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 12:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

427Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 12:52

I'm sorry but why the funk are we wasting money on Heskey?

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you like, but it just smacks of Lennon doing his (very) old mate a favour before he buggers off and manages somebody else.

Seriously, what does Heskey bring to the party?

428Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 12:55

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:I'm sorry but why the funk are we wasting money on Heskey?

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you like, but it just smacks of Lennon doing his (very) old mate a favour before he buggers off and manages somebody else.

100% with you on this Bredders- I can see no point at all in signing him.

429Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 12:58

Breadman wrote:I'm sorry but why the funk are we wasting money on Heskey?

Heskey did fine in the matches I've seen him play, he's not a goalscorer but holds up the ball well and doesn't give it away much (unless he falls over it mid-dribble).

Not sure I would be signing him, but he's inexpensive which let's face it is the main thing now.

430Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 13:05

I don't care how cheap he is, the money we're wasting on him could and should be being put towards bringing in someone who will add value and improve the team.

And I don't actually think he's that good at what he does anymore - he's a lumpen plodder and his place in the team should be going to one of the youngsters to give them match experience.

431Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 13:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Heskey did well, I'd keep him for another season

432Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 14:03

He did well in his first game.

433Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 14:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

He may not have a choice in the matter.

No one made him sign Heskey or Madine, just as no one is twisting his arm to sign Dobbin.

So I disagree, he did have a choice.

434Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 15:01

Madine will prove a shrewd signing, 10-15 goals this year.

435Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 15:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

436Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 16:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Recently watched Heskey's 100 Premier League goals on SKY and it reminded me how much class he has despite the musings of all the detractors throughout his career. I can understand why Lennon would want him if the budget is tight as there no way he could get that quality elsewhere.
He might be lumpen but he can still put it about and help the players around him. Not ideal but good enough for the Championship.

437Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 19:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whats Jardel upto these days?

438Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 22 2015, 21:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm happy with Heskey being with us for another season if his wages really are low by Championship standards and Lennon only intends to use him here and there.

The question is, what is he actually costing us and how highly does Lennon really rate him? It worries me how much he featured towards the end of last season. It makes me think Lennon has an inflated opinion of the guy. Alright he's always been underrated in what he brings to a team with his physicality but lets be honest, has he got good ball control? No. Is he a particularly skilful player? No. Is he fast? God no. Is he reliable in front of goal? Fuck no. He's not even very sharp in the air despite being a big bloke.

It's not necessarily a ridiculous decision to keep him at the club, but it's far from encouraging.

439Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 23 2015, 11:49

bwfc1874 wrote:Madine will prove a shrewd signing, 10-15 goals this year.

No chance.

He's shit and anyway, he'll be banged up by Christmas for chinning someone in The Star & Garter.

The prick....

440Transfer rumours ! - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 23 2015, 13:34

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

100% agreement about Heskey ......can't see it myself.  I said in other posts that his salary no matter how small would be better used towards another player IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 36 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum