Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Le Fondre or Bannan back?

+6
observer
wanderlust
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Le Fondre or Bannan back? Sun Jul 12 2015, 01:21

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Are we still looking into anything with these guys or has that ship sailed?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Sun Jul 12 2015, 09:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cardiff want to sell Le Fondre and we can't afford him, same for Bannan but it would be a loan again

3Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Sun Jul 12 2015, 10:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bannan wasn't very good anyway, no loss there.

Rob Earnshaw could fill Le Fondre's boots.

4Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Sun Jul 12 2015, 11:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd go for Beckford.

5Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Sun Jul 12 2015, 15:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Meh. If Lennon is rebuilding loanees aren't the way forward. We struggled with those two in the side anyway. Mind you what we have already is looking a bit shaky.

6Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Wed Jul 15 2015, 21:52

Bolton Nuts

Admin

IMHO Bannan and Alf were the bright sparks in a dull team. We saw magic from them compared to most of the others.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

7Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Wed Jul 15 2015, 22:35

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Biggie wrote:IMHO Bannan and Alf were the bright sparks in a dull team. We saw magic from them compared to most of the others.
Would love Alf back but many on here thought Bannan was not that good. I think they would both be a welcome sight at the Macron.

8Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Wed Jul 15 2015, 22:40

This is as good as it's gonna get.

Get used to it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Wed Jul 15 2015, 22:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:This is as good as it's gonna get.

Get used to it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm sure you get a kick out of telling everyone how shit BWFC is and how bad a season we are going to have.

10Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Wed Jul 15 2015, 23:02

Not really.

But I have watched BWFC for over thirty five years so I am in a place that allows me to see things in some perspective.

I was there when we nearly went bust in the early 80's and I stumped up my paper round money to help keep the club alive.

Hard times that you and the rest of your ilk who have only ever known Bolton in the Prem have no idea about.

So forgive me for having an opinion about how poorly the club has been run for the last ten years.

I've earnt that right.

Have you?

11Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Wed Jul 15 2015, 23:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Over 50 years for me.
And I've still only ever won a tenner on Goldline. Neutral

12Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Wed Jul 15 2015, 23:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I always predict a crap season and I've been right eight years on the trot now.

13Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Wed Jul 15 2015, 23:12

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bannan had a few excellent games, but just as many if not more where he was completely ineffective.

ALF on the other hand was consistently brilliant. I wouldn't like to see us break the bank on him, but he fills me with more confidence than any Bolton striker for a long time.

14Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Wed Jul 15 2015, 23:17

We won't get out of this division until we change owner. The sooner it happens the better. 

So for me a successful season isn't going to take much, just see the continued development of the kids we saw breakthrough last year and maybe a couple of others coming through. 

My only worry is that if we haven't changed owner and Clough has a good season he'll be flogged to help balance the books and whoever a in charge won't see any of it. Eddie needs to be moved on now.

15Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Wed Jul 15 2015, 23:18

Oh and I agree with Doff, Bannan's got nice technique but isn't as effective as he looks, ALF is the goal scorer we need - and his work rate was unreal for us.

16Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Wed Jul 15 2015, 23:20

And by the way, Boggers, being a "fan" doesn't always mean that you have to blindly go along with everything that the club does and clap wildly and whip yourself up into a frenzy of orgasmic delight because they've signed some bloke from Crewe on a free.

You are allowed to be critical every once in a while, you know.

By having a pop at me in the way you are, you're putting yourself forward like one of those goons you see on Sky Sports News who spends all their time hanging round the entrance to the training ground, autograph book in hand, desperate to see one of their idols roll in in his Baby Bentley and who explodes with delight when the foreign mercenary in question deigns to stop at the barrier and scribble their moniker in your book.

It's a football team.

And if it's being badly run and deserves criticism, I'll give it.

And then go home to my family and get on with the really important stuff.

17Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Wed Jul 15 2015, 23:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Not really.

But I have watched BWFC for over thirty five years so I am in a place that allows me to see things in some perspective.

I was there when we nearly went bust in the early 80's and I stumped up my paper round money to help keep the club alive.

Hard times that you and the rest of your ilk who have only ever known Bolton in the Prem have no idea about.

So forgive me for having an opinion about how poorly the club has been run for the last ten years.

I've earnt that right.

Have you?

You're welcome to your opinion, but stop forcing it on others.

I am able realise for myself that we aren't in a great place right now, but I do believe that things aren't as bad as you hope claim.

18Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Wed Jul 15 2015, 23:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i thought the whole deal with forums is that you come on to express an opinion and then debate? For the record i agree with Breaders (big shock eh?)

19Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Wed Jul 15 2015, 23:27

Boggers, 

I haven't forced anything on anyone.

All I've done is react to your perception that I'm in some way anti-BWFC and offer an explanation.

You'll understand when you're older, don't worry.

20Le Fondre or Bannan back?  Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Wed Jul 15 2015, 23:31

Cheers, Mr Pig.

Lustravi Universa.  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum