Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Le Fondre or Bannan back?

+6
observer
wanderlust
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Le Fondre or Bannan back?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Thu Jul 16 2015, 11:18

i would absolutely love to have Le Fondre back but in reality i don't think it will happen.

I think Madine and LE Fondre would make a great partnership like Kavies and Anelka did with Madine as the new Kavies.

What i can't see is Madine scoring as many as Le Fondre would and putting him along side heskey would be very similar to the Elmander Kavies partnership where you have two hard working players but not a great return on goals.

If that is what we have to rely on then we will need players like MAvies, Clough, PRatley to be scoring goals from midfield.

This isn't unrealistic and i think we could potentially get 30+ goals from them three alone given the right team/formation around them.

As it stands we are still a few players short. We NEED proper full backs. We Need a back up keeper. We NEED another player who can play heskey's/madines role as heskey cannot be expected to play 90 minutes week in and week out.

Bannan for me would be a complete luxury, one we definitely can't afford. Le Fondre would be a neccessity to be considered for promotion, but again it is one we can't afford.

Dobbie is not an option and i feel the club are wasting his time even considering him to be honest.

62Le Fondre or Bannan back?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Thu Jul 16 2015, 20:59

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I can't fathom why Heskey's wages are not being used to help bring ALF back.  Maybe that's not a lot of money but it must be something on the wage bill.
For ALF would score 15 or 20 in a full season.... Heskey 3 or 4 tops......  it's a no brainer IMO.

As for Bannan .... he had some good games....if the price is right I'd have him back.

63Le Fondre or Bannan back?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Thu Jul 16 2015, 21:01

But we have players in clough clayton and mavies who can play there TA. id rather get a couple of full backs and break the bank for le fondre

64Le Fondre or Bannan back?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Thu Jul 16 2015, 21:15

terenceanne wrote:I can't fathom why Heskey's wages are not being used to help bring ALF back.  Maybe that's not a lot of money but it must be something on the wage bill.
For ALF would score 15 or 20 in a full season.... Heskey 3 or 4 tops......  it's a no brainer IMO.

As for Bannan .... he had some good games....if the price is right I'd have him back.

Come on Terrence you're not an idiot. The difference between getting ALF back and not isn't the £5k or whatever it is we're paying Heskey. We can't even get over the first hurdle at the moment, Cardiff want £1 million for him. Unless they drop the price he's not coming.

65Le Fondre or Bannan back?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Fri Jul 17 2015, 13:36

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

As far as I know nobody has offered the 1 million for ALF as of yet.  Therefore with some haggling we may be able to get that number down.  Now where can you get a striker with a potential of 15 or 20 goals in him for less money than that. Add to the fact that he was here last season and apparently enjoyed it and the fans and Lennon liked him. That amount of goals could make a serious difference in our season ahead obviously.  Now if the club can't come up with that money we may as well go out of business tomorrow IMO.  Or at least set up a season long loan situation.

66Le Fondre or Bannan back?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Le Fondre or Bannan back? Fri Jul 17 2015, 14:20

I don't think anybody needs to be sold on how good Le Fondre was for us, or how much he'd improve this side now. The issue is the fee though, and it's been made pretty clear that we don't have any budget for up front fees at all. Even if we somehow managed to negotiate it down to half a million I doubt Eddie would spring for him and that's my point really, even a minor saving on wages for Heskey for instance isn't realistically going to make a dent on that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum