Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chung Yong to follow NRC and quit Bolton?

+13
Born to be a wanderer
rammywhite
Sluffy
Lofty_Love
wanderlust
Keegan
largehat
aaron_bwfc
chipbutty
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Bolton Nuts
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Trabzonspor boss Senol Gunes has admitted that he wants to sign South Korean international Lee Chung-Yong...

"Lee Chung-Yong has always been like a son to me. I will explore all the possibilities to sign him." the former Turkey boss told reporters at Incheon Airport, after visiting the Yeosu World Expo to promote his native country.

"I will contact him while I stay in Korea."

Lee seemed to hint at a move away from the Reebok after Bolton were relegated and saying he never expected to play in the Championship,“I couldn’t imagine that we are going down to the Championship,” he said. “And I didn’t expect that when we started the season.

"I haven’t thought about my future yet,the season has just finished and I just want to take some holiday now. I'm not going to hurry to think about my future because we have a few months before next season, but I can say now that I am a Bolton Wanderers player."

So, is he off to pastures new?
Seems possible - otherwise he would have just said "I am looking forward to another season at Bolton"? No?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not that bothered.

He is a good player, would be excellent at championship level but thats the price you pay for being relegated, your better players will sound out moves and be frustrated.

you certainly can't blame him for our relegation.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote: I just want to take some holiday now.

He's been on holiday most of the bloody season.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope we do sell him, he won't be the same player after being out for a year. He wasn't that good to start with.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I hope we do sell him, he won't be the same player after being out for a year. He wasn't that good to start with.

agreed, when you compare him with Gareth Bale.

compare him to the rest of the Bolton squad and he's one of the best players

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

agreed, when you compare him with Gareth Bale.

compare him to the rest of the Bolton squad and he's one of the best players

My point is, he could be rubbish after his season on the sidelines - if someone offers money for him we should let him go.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote: He wasn't that good to start with.

silent

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

After a bad injury caused by a tackle and a long lay-off, it's always uncertain whether or not the player can regain confidence and carry-on as before, only time will tell.

I would have thought that the management team would have looked at all the options and a possible move must/should have been discussed. It's no great surprise.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lee is only young and has plenty of time to get back to where he was. The human body is a wonderful thing. Brought up on a diet of rice and peas I see no reason why Chungy shouldn't get back to full fitness.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I said it last season near the end and i'll say it again, either Lee, Holden or both won't be bolton players next season.

Same goes for mark davies too.

The bolton news ran a thing on the back page today saying Lee and Davies are not for sale.....what a bunch of crap, when big teams come looking at your players when you get relegated the player more often than not will always want out.

He'd be an idiot to leave now, no decent sides will take a punt on him now after a year out, and we'd be even bigger idiots if did sell his value is the lowest it will ever be. If he comes back and is still the same player, we'll get more for him, from a team worth leaving for.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

1 year left on his contract. If he says he won't sign a new one, and someone offers £3m, he will be gone.

Ah didn't read that bit my mistake. I take back my previous post, he'll be off.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

He's too lightweight for the nPower Championship anyway.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He's a terrific little technical player, I will be gutted if he does leave. The key man to keep and get fit is clearly Holden, but CYL would be a great asset to keep. We need contract talks with both these players and clarity ASAP. I disagree that CYL is too lightweight for the Championship, there are plenty of tough, physical defenders in both leagues.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a worry if he does move on. We've already let 15 players go, 3 of which were loanees. But some of them were youngsters who hadn't made the grade. If we are rebuilding on a lower wage base I'd have thought we'd want to keep ta core of the more talented players. Holden is a must IMO because you can build a team around him, but I'd thought Lee would see that. The recent signings have all been young, pacy and a bit lightweight which is fine if there's enough in the rest of the team to take the burden whilst they mature and get their chance which I'm sure they will in the Championship. Lee was one of the ones i was counting on to hold his own and support the others.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Until I see some bruiser wearing the captain's armband I can only see another relegation.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Until I see some bruiser wearing the captain's armband I can only see another relegation.
You will - it's likely to be BKD.
Even with the youngsters that remain (Riley, Alonso, Wylde, Bogdan, Vela, Ngog, Sordell and possibly Mavies etc) we could put out a fairly attacking and competitive Championship side providing we have Holden pulling the strings. I still think our weakness is in defence/defensive screening.
Wheater will be out of action anyway, and although Ricketts and Ream could be a decent CB pairing, if we could just find a big talented CB and a genuinely defensive midfielder we should be OK if not good.
I can't see OC trying to compete our way back to the prem by becoming Stoke so I reckon he'll go for pace and movement up front for the most part with BKD as a backup, but it just won't work if we need to pile everyone forward to score and leave the back door open or we'll be shipping goals as fast as we can score them.
If the bruiser you had in mind was Patrick Veira at his peak class I'd agree, but they don't grow on trees or fall within our budget. Viera without the control, passing and shooting and you've got Muamba.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can't see him leaving for anything less than a top half Premier League club, why would he go to Trabzonspor ? his talent way exceeds that and he knows it. If his intention is to leave he would surely see how the first 6 months with us went, then either stick in a transfer request in January when he has hopefully shown he still has talent or wait till the end of the season and leave on a free.

I think we need to do everything in our power to keep him, our right wing was a major weakness all of last season, Eagles is shite there, his best position is attacking mid (hence the reason that I don't care if we get a decent price for Mark Davis, but thats for another thread)

How can someone be too lightweight for the Championship when they have proven themselves at Premier League level? That doesn't even make sense, his skill makes up for his size and it will even more so in then Championship.

Defenders get stronger as you go up the leagues not down..

And the argument to sell him because he might not be as good since his injury? laughable, should we sell every player after an injury then? sack off Holden, Mears, Wheater because they MIGHT not be as good? you wait to see if the injury has affected them first, not just guess..

He was one of our best players and its vital we hold on to him, if he hadn't been injured he would have picked up those two points we needed to stay up.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Lofty_Love wrote:
How can someone be too lightweight for the Championship when they have proven themselves at Premier League level? That doesn't even make sense, his skill makes up for his size and it will even more so in then Championship.

Defenders get stronger as you go up the leagues not down...

It's sort of a running joke with Hipster that if people don't rate a Wanderers footballer, then sooner or later someone will say that he is too 'lightweight'!

I'm sure it wasn't meant to have been taken seriously.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum