Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chung Yong to follow NRC and quit Bolton?

+13
Born to be a wanderer
rammywhite
Sluffy
Lofty_Love
wanderlust
Keegan
largehat
aaron_bwfc
chipbutty
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Bolton Nuts
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Oh right, I thought Keegan actually meant it,fair enough then ha

22Chung Yong to follow NRC and quit Bolton? - Page 2 Empty Lee - will he go or stay? Sun May 27 2012, 20:57

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think if he's any sense he would go- but not to any Turkish outfit as that's the kiss of death to a decent career.

I don't think that any top premiership would be interested at the moment as there's no guarantee that he'll come back with the same level of skill- even though he is comparatively young- and if he doesn't then we'll keep him until his contract is up. We didn't see enough of him at the end of the last season to see what he's really like now.

For me ,the real problem is that if he does return as skillful as he showed he can be- then there'll be a lot of interest in him in January,and like Cahill, someone will take him off us for a totally inadequate price.

Perhaps we should take the money now and pass the risk on to someone else

After a year out and a year on his contract we won't get much anyway. I'd hold on we're going to need all the quality we have

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

No Fucking Loyalty the *** twat.Get Greg Wylde on the right and if we can get 3 million let him go.Better than getting Sweet FA next summer.I bet he didnt mind pocketing his wage packet for fuck all.Get Myachi n Wylde running the right wing next season.

Last edited by Sluffy on Mon May 28 2012, 15:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed the Stereotypical 'ethnic' remark. Sorry it took so long - only just seen it.)

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Shouldn't we at least wait to see what happens before racially abusing the lad?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Shouldn't we at least wait to see what happens before racially abusing the lad?

This.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Greg Wylde is a left sided player anyhoo.
And we should hang on to LCY if possible. If not, Riley can do the job if called upon.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Don't follow this 'lightweight' argument at all. Alan Ball for example (I know it's a long time ago, 40 odd years) was small in stature but big in courage and determination. He went to Bolton for a trial but the Wanderers turned him down because he was, in their view, to small. Blackpool signed him and the rest is history.

In Ball's day tackling was allowed and the balls and pitches were very heavy but he survived and prospered and ended up with a Word Cup winners medal, something very few players in this world will ever achieve.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:Don't follow this 'lightweight' argument at all. Alan Ball for example (I know it's a long time ago, 40 odd years) was small in stature but big in courage and determination. He went to Bolton for a trial but the Wanderers turned him down because he was, in their view, to small. Blackpool signed him and the rest is history.

In Ball's day tackling was allowed and the balls and pitches were very heavy but he survived and prospered and ended up with a Word Cup winners medal, something very few players in this world will ever achieve.

Agreed. Peter Reid and Neil McNab were short in stature but they could hold their own in the Wanderers midfield.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Born to be a wanderer wrote:No Fucking Loyalty the dog munching twat.Get Greg Wylde on the right and if we can get 3 million let him go.Better than getting Sweet FA next summer.I bet he didnt mind pocketing his wage packet for fuck all.Get Myachi n Wylde running the right wing next season.

I agree...

Owen will come out and give it the 'hes a great player, could play for anyone, he will go with my blessing' bullshit when in reality (if his interview answers are to be believed) he should ask for a no bullshit yes or no answer on were his loyalty lies...

and if he says he wants to leave after all we have done for him, Owen should grow some balls and give the turncoat a punch in the gob for stealing wages for a year then doing this, he owes us.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:Shouldn't we at least wait to see what happens before racially abusing the lad?

yes...

at least let the player say 'no, I want to leave to let my international boss up bum me' first...

Laughing

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Born to be a wanderer wrote:No Fucking Loyalty the dog munching twat.Get Greg Wylde on the right and if we can get 3 million let him go.Better than getting Sweet FA next summer.I bet he didnt mind pocketing his wage packet for fuck all.Get Myachi n Wylde running the right wing next season.

Why should he stay with us if a better offer comes in? If another company offered you more money and a better job would you tell them to stuff it because you were loyal to your present employer? If we had stayed up we wouldn't even be having this conversation - so blame Coyle for taking us down not Lee who has not let us down at all.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:

Why should he stay with us if a better offer comes in? If another company offered you more money and a better job would you tell them to stuff it because you were loyal to your present employer? If we had stayed up we wouldn't even be having this conversation - so blame Coyle for taking us down not Lee who has not let us down at all.

I see the fact that he has basically been happy to draw his wages for a season while sitting on the sidelines then deciding, after taking millions off us that he owes us nothing ...he does owe us something. he owes us at least a decent 6 months, if for anything but to say thanks.

best for both parties then - we dont feel used, and the player can be a twat as they usually are...refuse to sign a new deal and fuck of towards the $$$ next summer...

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Peter Reid refused to sign a new deal and just sat at home for months doing nothing.

But is generally overlooked and forgotten.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Why should he stay with us if a better offer comes in? If another company offered you more money and a better job would you tell them to stuff it because you were loyal to your present employer?

Depeands if you're a twat or not.

If my company paid me full pay for a whole year while I sat at home with a broken leg I'd feel some sort of loyalty, yes.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Why should he stay with us if a better offer comes in? If another company offered you more money and a better job would you tell them to stuff it because you were loyal to your present employer?

If my company paid me full pay for a whole year while I sat at home with a broken leg I'd feel some sort of loyalty, yes.

but as you own and run the company your loyalty should not even be an issue... Laughing

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

but as you own and run the company your loyalty should not even be an issue... Laughing

I was talking in general terms you bellend.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

I wouldn't as the company I worked for ultimately has no loyalty in their staff. A company is there to make profits for themselves and possible shareholders - they are only bothered about their staff from legal points of view (i.e. minimum as possible) therefore why should a person be loyal to a company that employs them - whether on long term sick or not?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

I wouldn't as the company I worked for ultimately has no loyalty in their staff. A company is there to make profits for themselves and possible shareholders - they are only bothered about their staff from legal points of view (i.e. minimum as possible) therefore why should a person be loyal to a company that employs them - whether on long term sick or not?

You cynical bastard!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

you did say 'My Company' (see above)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum