Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chung Yong to follow NRC and quit Bolton?

+13
Born to be a wanderer
rammywhite
Sluffy
Lofty_Love
wanderlust
Keegan
largehat
aaron_bwfc
chipbutty
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Bolton Nuts
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

I wouldn't as the company I worked for ultimately has no loyalty in their staff. A company is there to make profits for themselves and possible shareholders - they are only bothered about their staff from legal points of view (i.e. minimum as possible) therefore why should a person be loyal to a company that employs them - whether on long term sick or not?

You cynical bastard!

Not cynical but definitely career minded. Company are there to make money. They have staff to "help" out with the company. Not many staff are career minded and will just go with the flow not realising that they are just being used as mugs - just as long as they get paid to help pay the bills they are happy. Then there are the career minded who want to rise the career ladder as quickly as its allowed and if that means being loyal to yourself than the company then so be it - just the same as a company is loyal to itself rather than its staff.

Hypothetical question, Natasha. If "your" company had a sudden downturn and you had to lay off staff who would you lay off in order for the company to survive?

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Think a few people are judging him a bit soon here, we still have no idea if his intention is actually to leave.

Also, if it came down to it, I would rather sell him in January for less rather than now (even though due to his injury I really can't see us selling him now), hes quality and he could just get us those few points we might need to get into promotion contenders.

I do feel he should stay though, out of loyalty, and I don't normally ask that of players (don't see what all the fuss was about Reo Coker leaving, he was here for a year and at least he put the effort in on the pitch..) but as people have said Chungy does actually owe us since we just paid him a years wages + brought him to the main stage.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ask an enormous amount of money for him....why not? other clubs have ridiclous prices on donkeys. Other than that he does owe us a year IMO.

I have said all year that people have been touting Lee & Holden has our saviors ...nope ..... Lee might be gone and neither one of them might be as good as before. Holden might be another Mavies.....great first year and potential ...then nowt. Never build a team around injured players. If they come back it's a fantastic bonus that all.

Who's going to give an enormous amount of money for him? That's not how things work, you can ask for enormous fees for a player in demand, with years left on his contract. Lee is neither.

Your comparison of Holden with Mark Davies is pretty far off the mark, Holden was more rounded as a player than Davies has been, much more the finished article wouldn't just say he showed potential in his first year, he showed himself to be an excellent player. Also I think to say Mark Davies was good in his first year then 'nowt' is wrong, last season was his best season for us so far.

We have no choice but to build our team around Holden, Lee, Ream at this point, as we don't have much other quality and certainly no funds to bring any in.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

We have no choice but to build our team around Holden, Lee, Ream at this point, as we don't have much other quality and certainly no funds to bring any in.

Pretty much how I see it, give or take one or two out of the Academy coming through. I can't see the board giving Coyle the Sky parachute payment to strengthen the squad because the risk is too great if the players don't get us promoted.

The only way forward is to adopt a policy of fiscal prudence at the moment.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Hypothetical question, Natasha. If "your" company had a sudden downturn and you had to lay off staff who would you lay off in order for the company to survive?

The plodders i.e. those that do as little as possible.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Shouldn't we at least wait to see what happens before racially abusing the lad?

agreed so embarrassing when asian players, regardless of their country of birth are called "dog munchers" and "ping pong"

some people need to grow up.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

The plodders i.e. those that do as little as possible.

But that would still leave a big gaping hole between what the company makes and its outgoings - thus leaving all your "loyal" staff on the verge of losing the job whilst knowing that a lot more could be done - so where is the loyalty to the loyal staff?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

But that would still leave a big gaping hole between what the company makes and its outgoings - thus leaving all your "loyal" staff on the verge of losing the job whilst knowing that a lot more could be done - so where is the loyalty to the loyal staff?

It's not loyal to turn up at work bang on 9am, do as little as possible all day, and then leave before the clock has finished striking 5pm.

I could lose 3 staff on a combined wage of around £100k, give the 8 remaining staff a £5k pay rise and increase my output. But the law won't allow me.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

If he wants to go get the best price we can get a buy a quality centre half.We have plenty of wide men good enough at this level and Myachi looks like he is coming back.Eagles can play on the right.Petrov on the left and Wylde.As its a longer season in the Championship if we can sell Lee and get a good Centre half with the money id say that proposition is better than keeping zat shyte and having three right wingers if myachi is coming back on loan.Petrov and Wylde can share the creative responsibilities on the left.Its better that Wylde is a left winger as Petrov wont be able to last a 46 Leauge season Wylde is only 20 so experience and youth covered on the left side.Althogh in an ideal world it would be great to keep him,myachi n Eagles are capable of doing a good job on the right.Its centre half we need to be looking at and if selling LEE bolsters the coffers to get a quality centre half im all for that cos Zat Knight will cost us in the Championship as he did all year last season.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
largehat wrote:Shouldn't we at least wait to see what happens before racially abusing the lad?

agreed so embarrassing when asian players, regardless of their country of birth are called "dog munchers" and "ping pong"

some people need to grow up.

Also agreed. It's one of the reasons I left BA.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Born to be a Wanderer im not to sure id be comfortable just having Eagles and Ryo on the right.

Eagles was poor as a winger all season and without a doubt his best position is attacking centre mid, I actually think he very good in that position, maybe even Premier league quality, more to offer there than Mark Davies at the moment.

Ryo is a left winger, one of the reasons he went of the boil a bit is because he was stuck on the right, although it was necessary at the time.

We need a natural right winger, i.e. Chungy. Yes those two will be ok on the right wing, but were looking to finish top 3, not be ok.

According to Nixon on twitter Lee's actually got 3 years left on his contract with us. Hope it's true but no idea, he also said the Pratley meningitis rumours were bogus.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

god I hope that is true!

He seems pretty certain of it, telling people to move on because Lee won't be going anywhere. I don't read Nixon often so I don't know how reliable he is, but his updates of our dealings in January seemed pretty close to the mark so that's encouraging.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

im getting hopeful, don't understand why the club wouldn't announce it though

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Let me clarify: It is a running joke that players who we are reportedly interested in but who we don't think are coming, or who are signed up but want to leave, are "too lightweight for [insert our league here]". This also applies to Reserves who are being considered for first team duties.

I was kidding about Chungy as I am a big fan of the lad.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Let me clarify: It is a running joke that players who we are reportedly interested in but who we don't think are coming, or who are signed up but want to leave, are "too lightweight for [insert our league here]". This also applies to Reserves who are being considered for first team duties.

Bollocks. He's about 5ft1 and skinnier than Borgetti on hunger strike. He's lightweight.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Keegan wrote:Let me clarify: It is a running joke that players who we are reportedly interested in but who we don't think are coming, or who are signed up but want to leave, are "too lightweight for [insert our league here]". This also applies to Reserves who are being considered for first team duties.

Bollocks. He's about 5ft1 and skinnier than Borgetti on hunger strike. He's lightweight.

he's half a stone lighter than Wayne Rooney.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

he's half a stone lighter than Wayne Rooney.

That's the difference between being lightweight and normal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum