Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rate your excitement for the coming season

+6
Lyric Todkill
aaron_bwfc
Banks of the Croal
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
10 posters

Reply to topic

Rate your excitement for the coming season

Rate your excitement for the coming season  Vote_lcap48%Rate your excitement for the coming season  Vote_rcap 48% [ 10 ]
Rate your excitement for the coming season  Vote_lcap19%Rate your excitement for the coming season  Vote_rcap 19% [ 4 ]
Rate your excitement for the coming season  Vote_lcap33%Rate your excitement for the coming season  Vote_rcap 33% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If I was told that the opening teamsheet would look something like this:

----------Bogdan

Mears-Ream-Ricketts-Alonso

CYL--Holden--MDavies--Petrov

-----Sordell--Ngog

I'd be saying bring it on. But I'm predicting this:

----------Bogdan

CYL--Holden--MDavies--Petrov

-----KDavies--Ngog

in which case I'll be depressed before a ball has been kicked. God forbid, this (should we lose all three of our best players, which I admittedly don't imagine happening):

----------Bogdan

Eagles--Vela--Pratley--Petrov

-----KDavies--Ngog

So, if we can keep Holden, CYL and MDavies, kept them fit, and play the team I suggested regularly, my money is on us to piss the league, so to speak, without any need to mass add to the squad. If we keep them, but overuse KDavies as in the previous 3 seasons, we will struggle to make the play-offs. If we lose them, don't replace them appropriately, and play a team similar to the one I finally mentioned, we will finish in the bottom half.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not many options in the poll.

My excitement level is about 3.

opening day it will be 10, then we'll probably have a crap draw with a promoted team and i'll be back to 3 again.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's been awhile since we were in the Championship so I'm quite looking forward to it.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I know the options on the poll are a bit limited but I couldn't be arsed. The post itself was quite knackering.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I know the options on the poll are a bit limited but I couldn't be arsed. The post itself was quite knackering.

Razz

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Voted optimistic, but looking forward to a break from the Pressure.
Got to win more than 4 or 5 games at home in the Championship, Shirley?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Looking forward to it in the championship with a different optimism and new away grounds.

I will say ask me again about how I rate our chances on promotion once I see what players we let go and bring in though.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Relieved that last season is over and I can have a break from it

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Banks of the Croal wrote:Voted optimistic, but looking forward to a break from the Pressure.
Got to win more than 4 or 5 games at home in the Championship, Shirley?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Not thought about it ,still pissed at the board for not doing what had to be done.It will be a shit season and we will get beat by shit clubs and will never at any time be in contention for promotion not even the play offs. We have a nork for a manager and a bigger nork in fartside.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think I'm tending towards Dad's opinion. A new season doesn't mean that the faults that send us down have been rectified. We still have a numpty manager, numpty chairman, and a squad that looks like it will belong in either a secondary school or an old people's home.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm just enjoying the break from football every weekend. I've mowed my lawn, power washed my flags, washed my car and had a BBQ. I'm cherishing the free time but come August my enthusiasm will be back with a bang.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Know what you mean, and I suppose I will have to try and get to see more games now, becasue they won't be on the telly.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glos, If you fancy meeting up for a sherbert before a game, down near your neck of the woods, just drop me a PM once the fixtures have been announced.

Harold77

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

7.5/10 which is a few points more than the last few seasons.I had got fed up watching them try to finish 4th bottom in a league they don't have the players or money to compete in.

It's a strange one because i'm not too fussed about winning promotion.We still won't have the money to compete with all but the shittest clubs in the Premier League.I need more than 12 months out to be up for that continual struggle again.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

RT, No problem mucker, will do

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum