Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's Official: Lennon Out!

+11
DecoBWFC
Norpig
scottjames30
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
okocha
JAH
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 16:01

Natasha Whittam wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:

Who do you recommend we replace him with?

Micky Adams.
Who is he managing after getting Tranmere relegated from the football league?

22It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 16:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh dear. New season, same old shit. I can see myself getting dragged into the same old arguments again as Nat recycles his somewhat limited repertoire one more time.
So here we go with the blame game again which is along the lines of general agreement that the players didn't perform well enough (see BN ratings which generously averaged out at 5/10) but that's the managers's fault for signing them/selecting them/selecting the system (very wrong yesterday) and failing to motivate them - and then continues with the Board/Gartside's responsibility for underfunding the manager in the first place.

I reckon it's a bit of "all of the above" but if you want to target the manager I reckon he still has a chance of creating a reasonable team with a couple of astute signings using the Ream dosh and a few choice words with the players.
The only question for me is whether he should go before he spends the Ream money or be given a chance to spend it and a few more weeks to prove himself.

Seeing as we are one of the relegation favourites anyway, I personally think he should be given a little more time despite the ridiculously overoptimistic tactics he adopted - and then abandoned - yesterday. That said, I will be very p1ssed off if he spends the Ream money and we still don't improve. 

Happy to join Doff in slagging off the manager for what's happened whilst thinking he might just turn it around - if he gets the chance.

I'd be surprised if he goes now anyway so I don't think it's an issue yet, but if we don't improve soon, the long knives will be out.

23It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 16:15

I still honestly think he'll walk at some point.

One thing he's not is thick.

He's used to working with backers who will give him money (I know Celtic aren't City or Chelsea but compared to the rest of the teams in Scotland, they're a big player financially and let's not forget that he walked when the money started to dry up) but that obviously isn't the case at Bolton.

When he realises that he isn't up to working successfully with no money, he'll jump ship in my view because that last thing he wants (as a young manager) is to tarnish his reputation.

I believe he's thought "Yeah, I'll give it a go at Bolton and see what happens" and I also think that Gartside may have been less than straight with him about how much money would be available for signings when he first joined us.

His body language and demeanour in recent interviews haven't been particularly positive and I honestly think he's getting close to sacking the whole thing off.

24It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 16:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:For us to have a crap start to this season and the fans to turn against Lennon one by one is just about the most predictable thing in the world. 

Almost as predictable as you defending the manager while still slagging him off at the same time.

Admit it, you know what I say is true.

You stupid cow. Yes, Lennon sees something in Heskey even though he's quite clearly a donkey, but we're never gonna find a manager that doesn't make baffling decisions here and there. Ferguson persisted with many a player that all United fans could see was a waste of space. Arsenal fans are always slagging Wenger off, but they know that for all his faults they'd be worse off without him.

It's no good deciding you want a manager out every time he picks a stupid side and we get dicked.

25It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 16:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

It's no good deciding you want a manager out every time he picks a stupid side and we get dicked.

I strive for perfection doffcocker, clearly you don't.

26It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 17:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has two more games to get it right, if he doesn't Bury are getting a phone call.

27It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 17:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon has already said he's at fault and yes we got a tonking but we won't be the only team to get a tonking from Boro this season.

Did anyone seriously expect us to beat Boro? I didn't, Lennon is doing the best he can with the very limited resources he has and by the same token as saying anyone could win the Scottish title, could anyone do a much better job at Bolton with the ways things are at the moment? Personally i think not

28It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 18:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mourinho is unhappy at Chelsea, Bolton is his second loved club, maybe?

29It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 19:55

DecoBWFC

David Ngog
David Ngog

lol!
Natasha Whittam wrote:
 You too if you don't back me.

30It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 20:01

Evening Deco and welcome aboard.

Tell us a bit about yourself and don't be shy - we don't bite.

Is it a long way to Tipperary?

31It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 20:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:For us to have a crap start to this season and the fans to turn against Lennon one by one is just about the most predictable thing in the world. 

Almost as predictable as you defending the manager while still slagging him off at the same time.

Yes, Lennon sees something in Heskey even though he's quite clearly a donkey,

BN rates Heskey as our best player v Boro Doff

32It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 21:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Is it a long way to Tipperary?
It is from Dublin Airport! Shocked

I had never been to Eire before and remember getting a flight to Dublin then driving all the way down there.

What a journey!

Just checked with Google and says it's 2 hours in the car, it felt like 5 when I did it! Very Happy

33It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 21:54

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

34It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 22:04

wanderlust wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Yes, Lennon sees something in Heskey even though he's quite clearly a donkey,

BN rates Heskey as our best player v Boro Doff
Mel C was the best Spice Girl.

35It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 22:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:
Mel C was the best Spice Girl.

Rubbish, Posh was much better.

36It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 22:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bloody hell Nat, you've lost all credibility with this last comment. Posh Spice ? really ???

OK peeps, Nat is obviously of unsound mind, which negates all her previous arguments. Lennon to stay

37It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Sun Aug 16 2015, 22:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like Clive has a lot to answer for! Laughing

38It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re Lennon out Mon Aug 17 2015, 08:53

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Barb Dwyer wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:

Who do you recommend we replace him with?

Micky Adams.
Who is he managing after getting Tranmere relegated from the football league?
"We'll support you ever more" as they sing from the terraces - well if you're a Bolton fan, until you lose your first match - then you're out

39It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Mon Aug 17 2015, 08:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FullofSprite wrote:
"We'll support you ever more" as they sing from the terraces - well if you're a Bolton fan, until you lose your first match - then you're out

Are you talking in code? That makes no sense.

40It's Official: Lennon Out! - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Lennon Out! Mon Aug 17 2015, 09:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he's talking about our very fickle fans (like you Nat). Lets see how we are looking after 10 games before we start another annual witch hunt

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum