Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL

+4
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
Norpig
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Empty Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Tue Sep 22 2015, 00:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Senior football figures including Southampton assistant manager Sammy Lee have been cleared of all charges after they were accused of a string of offences surrounding a £1million Premier League transfer deal.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) offered no evidence against Bolton Wanderers, its chairman Phil Gartside and others from the club, as well as top agent Jerome Anderson and others from his SEM firm, and the retired midfielder Gavin McCann.

Agent Tony McGill started a private prosecution against the parties, following a legal battle over his claims he was cut out of McCann's transfer from Aston Villa to Bolton in 2007.

The CPS took over the case and at a hearing at Newcastle Crown Court, the prosecution formally offered no evidence.

As a technicality, all the charges were read out to the parties from Bolton Wanderers, SEM and Mr McCann, and "not guilty" pleas were entered to all.

After hearing the CPS were not offering any evidence, Judge Tim Gittins told the defendants: "That brings the matter to an end."

The issue of costs for all sides has yet to be decided

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Tue Sep 22 2015, 08:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the Teflon Chairman  Rolling Eyes

3Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Tue Sep 22 2015, 08:45

Never doubted him for a second.

4Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Tue Sep 22 2015, 09:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm amazed this was still going on. Didn't that agent try to screw some money out of us a couple of years ago?

5Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Tue Sep 22 2015, 09:28

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Barb Dwyer wrote:Never doubted him for a second.
Me neither. This was obviously all just a big misunderstanding. 

Phil is as honest as the day is long, and quite frankly, you all should be ashamed for thinking otherwise. We are blessed to have him as our chairman and I would thank you to write only positive things about him from here on in.

6Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Tue Sep 22 2015, 09:29

wanderlust wrote:I'm amazed this was still going on. Didn't that agent try to screw some money out of us a couple of years ago?

Yes but it got thrown out of court because he couldn't provide any concrete evidence.

So he then brought (this) private prosecution which has suffered the same fate.

Two rats fighting in a barrel if you ask me.

7Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Tue Sep 22 2015, 10:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Load of old bollocks anyway.

8Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Tue Sep 22 2015, 11:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And still no one has been prosecuted for signing Gavin McCann!

9Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Tue Sep 22 2015, 17:46

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The key witness ...the Badger.....has never been seen since Phil had new concrete put around his swimming pool at the house. Might just be a coincidence though.

10Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Wed Sep 23 2015, 09:10

My heart bleeds for the poor little lamb reading this:

It must have been awful for him and his wife having to sit on their own at the Golf Club because none of their "friends" would talk to them.....

Boo hoo.......

11Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Wed Sep 23 2015, 18:05

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Breadman wrote:My heart bleeds for the poor little lamb reading this:

It must have been awful for him and his wife having to sit on their own at the Golf Club because none of their "friends" would talk to them.....

Boo hoo.......
More serious question is 

Do the Panorama allegations (Sam / Craig taking backhanders) and the Gavin McCann Case (  judge not impressed with PG or SM's answers etc) put potential investors of from buying the club?

Even though PG is INNOCENT would it be better if PG now steps down so as to help find someone to buy the club.

The above allegations have happened under PG's reign, plus others and these will be things 'looked' into by potential investors. 

ED needs to think carefully if he really wants to sell the club. I understand why ED has backed PG for now - probably decided that it would look as though he was cutting his mate adrift. However the club's future may be being hampered if you take the view that the allegations are hampering the sale and now maybe a good time for PG to step down.

12Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gartside is Innocent! - OFFICIAL Wed Sep 23 2015, 21:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

For what it is worth, it would not surprise me in the least if Gartside has invested into the club for quite sometime and is part of the investment consortium behind Davies Moonshift Company.

I also wonder that now there is no longer a legal case hanging over the club that a change of ownership is more likely as now the new owners would be sure that they were not inheriting sanctions (monetary and / or points deduction) incurred under Davies / Gartside stewardship.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum