Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

latest from trevor birch

+14
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
terenceanne
scottjames30
Norpig
Numpty 28723
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
observer
FullofSprite
Sluffy
Chairmanda
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1latest from trevor birch Empty latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 15:02

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Trevor Birch has today, Tuesday 1 December, issued the following update on the current situation at Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

“We spoke to the players today and they remain upbeat and committed to doing all they can to help the club through this difficult time.

“We’re continuing to negotiate with interested parties but unfortunately no one party has demonstrated all the requisite elements needed to conclude a deal yet. The club’s position is increasingly perilous and new investment is needed quickly.

“We’d like to thank the fans for their continued support and all of the behind-the-scenes staff for their continued hard work in difficult circumstances.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 15:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Perilous!

3latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 15:08

"Increasingly" so.

Which implies it's getting worse.

4latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 15:09

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Breadman wrote:"Increasingly" so.

Which implies it's getting worse.
Or is that just a reference to their league position, which is increasingly perilous

5latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 15:12

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

All I know from my experience at Bath City is that unless you are itk, you know nothing. So I am trying hugely hard not to make leaps of fact about what is actually going on, but I can't read the above without thinking we are a long way away from a deal, and time is not on our side, add that to not paying players, which has to be one of the last resorts (and I have to say makes me feel less proud of being a Wanderer) and any HMRC debt, I may be drinking again this eve.

6latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 15:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I doubt a renowned Administration expert talking about the clubs financial position would be addressing his comments about the league position rather than the businesses financial situation.

Interesting word he used too - perilous

exposed to imminent risk of disaster or ruin.
"the economy is in a perilous state"

Not looking good.

7latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 15:20

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:I doubt a renowned Administration expert talking about the clubs financial position would be addressing his comments about the league position rather than the businesses financial situation.

Not looking good.

Perilous = Administration if nothing comes of the offers... then of course, Eddie has to decide if he wants to lose his investment entirely or compromise to some extent.  Either way, this is not what we want to hear.

8latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 15:22

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:I doubt a renowned Administration expert talking about the clubs financial position would be addressing his comments about the league position rather than the businesses financial situation.

Not looking good.

Don't worry Sluffy, you'll just have to find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. Paint the house, mow the lawn etc

9latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 15:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

FullofSprite wrote:

Not looking good.

Don't worry Sluffy, you'll just have to find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. Paint the house, mow the lawn etc

To be honest I'm not often about Saturday afternoons these days anyway.

The club will survive in some shape or form and I will continue to follow it through thick and thin as per usual.

It's more out of habit than obsession like some folks have.

Of course I want us to do well but its not the end of my world if we don't.

10latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 15:40

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:

Not looking good.

To be honest I'm not often about Saturday afternoons these days anyway.

The club will survive in some shape or form and I will continue to follow it through thick and thin as per usual.

It's more out of habit than obsession like some folks have.

Of course I want us to do well but its not the end of my world if we don't.

People can always support Salford City

11latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 15:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FullofSprite wrote:

Wash your mouth out.

The site has already decided we will all support Chorley.

12latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 16:02

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:

Wash your mouth out.

The site has already decided we will all support Chorley.
Chorley it is then.

Could start FC Bolton and ground share with Bury at Gigg Lane

13latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 16:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FullofSprite wrote:

Could start FC Bolton and ground share with Bury at Gigg Lane

We don't want 'Bolton' in the title, too many negative associations.

What about FC Whittam?

14latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 16:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FC Nuts, let's make it truly ours Nat.

15latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 16:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:FC Nuts, let's make it truly ours Nat.

We'd be the laughing stock of football with the bumchums in charge.

16latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 16:28

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:FC Nuts, let's make it truly ours Nat.

We'd be the laughing stock of football with the bumchums in charge.

As opposed to being the universally respected, well run club we are now you mean?

17latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 16:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kit is sorted.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 16:43

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I wonder if Eddie Davies is still glad he stuck with his old mate Phil "People who know football understand this appointment." Gartside for so long.

19latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 16:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

surely that wonderful man (almost a saint i'd heard) should at least do the right thing and pay the players, i know he want's shut but come on! Surely he has some responsibility to keep the club going in the meantime?

20latest from trevor birch Empty Re: latest from trevor birch Tue Dec 01 2015, 16:59

Norpig wrote:surely that wonderful man (almost a saint i'd heard) should at least do the right thing and pay the players, i know he want's shut but come on! Surely he has some responsibility to keep the club going in the meantime?

Maybe the offshore consortium have said no more money and Ed's just another front man?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum