Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trevor Birch says...

+6
JAH
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Trevor Birch says... Empty Trevor Birch says... Wed Dec 30 2015, 16:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers Football Club can confirm that all members of the playing squad will receive their wages for the month of December.

The club has raised some short-term funds through the sale of property assets, with the Professional Footballers’ Association also agreeing to contribute a significant percentage of the player wage bill for the month.

Trevor Birch, advisor to the owner and board at Bolton Wanderers, continues to advance discussions with a number of parties who are interested in taking over control of the club.

“We’re continuing to work through what is an extremely challenging time for the football club,” Birch updated. “We still have an immediate and critical funding requirement to enable the club to survive and provide a breathing space in the short term to complete a sale of the club.

“The recent sale of some property assets has assisted, together with the support of the PFA, but we need to raise further substantial funds and player sales cannot be ruled out.

“We are still working to the deadline of the winding up hearing on January 18 and unless we are successful in our efforts the club faces a very uncertain future.

“We can also confirm that Terry Robinson is now working with the club in a review of all of the club’s operations.

“We will continue to update everyone as soon as we are able to show further progress. In the meantime the club would like to thank all supporters for their continued and valued support.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

According to Birch, Terry Robinson (the one who was Bury chairman when his mate and fellow board member Hugh Eaves nearly bankrupted the club I presume) is "working with the club in a review of all operations" whatever that means.

Seriously, what the funk is going on here......?

3Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Wed Dec 30 2015, 17:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

TREVOR Birch has warned player sales may be a necessary evil next month, or Wanderers will face a “very uncertain future”.

The financial advisor released a statement this afternoon confirming that the first team squad have received some of their December salary, assisted by the PFA.

That has been able to happen because the club sold property, understood to be offices at the Macron Stadium, to raise short-term funds.

But with a High Court hearing on January 18, Birch fears more assets may need to be sold to pay the outstanding tax bill, avoid a winding up order and to meet further wage demands.

“We’re continuing to work through what is an extremely challenging time for the football club,” he said. “We still have an immediate and critical funding requirement to enable the club to survive and provide a breathing space in the short term to complete a sale of the club.

“The recent sale of some property assets has assisted, together with the support of the PFA, but we need to raise further substantial funds and player sales cannot be ruled out.

“We are still working to the deadline of the winding up hearing on January 18 and unless we are successful in our efforts the club faces a very uncertain future.

“We can also confirm that Terry Robinson is now working with the club in a review of all of the club’s operations.

“We will continue to update everyone as soon as we are able to show further progress. In the meantime the club would like to thank all supporters for their continued and valued support.”

Birch also confirmed that advanced discussions continue with a number of parties who are interested in taking over control of the club.

4Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Wed Dec 30 2015, 17:04

You can bin my Terry Robinson thread if you like, Sluff.

No point spreading comments across two threads.

5Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Wed Dec 30 2015, 17:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ex-Bury and Sheffield United chairman Terry Robinson enlisted by Bolton Wanderers

WANDERERS have enlisted the help of former Bury chairman Terry Robinson to oversee their transfer business next month.

The vastly-experienced football administrator has been brought to the Macron Stadium to act on the club’s behalf if, as expected, a steady stream of stars depart in the January window.

Zach Clough, Josh Vela, Mark Davies and Dean Moxey have all been subject to interest from other clubs who have sensed Wanderers’ financial vulnerability.

And the club hope that Robinson’s know-how in the transfer market will give the Whites a firmer footing in any negotiations that come along.

Robinson was chairman of the Shakers for more than 20 years after taking over the post in 1979, leading the club to three promotions, two relegations and helping to completely redevelop Gigg Lane.

He joined Sheffield United as a chief executive in 2002 and the stepped up to the chairman’s role four years later.

In February 2008, he stood down and took over as president of Hungarian club Ferencvaros, while remaining on the Blades board.

He then took up a role as academy director at Stoke before spending two years at Leicester City as a director of football, taking them into the Premier League.

6Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Wed Dec 30 2015, 17:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Josh Vela exit not on the agenda at Bolton Wanderers

JOSH Vela will not be rushed towards the exit door at Wanderers despite the club’s continuing financial problems.

Championship rivals Cardiff City have submitted a £450,000 bid for the 22-year-old midfielder, prompting concern the Whites could look to cash in one of their assets to help fund upcoming bills.

Vela has not pushed for the move and confirmed his commitment by turning in one of his best displays of the season in the 1-0 win over Blackburn Rovers on Monday.

But worries the derby win was the last time Wanderers fans would see the academy product in a Bolton shirt have been eased, and The Bolton News understands Vela is due to be involved this weekend against Huddersfield Town.

The Whites could be forced into moving on some of their bigger earners in the January window to reduced the wage bill but Vela, nor his fellow youth graduate Zach Clough do not fall into that category.

Other more senior players such as Mark Davies (Middlesbrough) and Dean Moxey (Bristol City and Wolves) have been linked with moves elsewhere and would represent a bigger salary saving.

Wanderers will confirm today they have paid a percentage of the playing staff’s December wage, which will be matched by the PFA.

It is believed the agreement has been made possible because of the sale of offices attached to the Macron Stadium, and it should ensure players cannot walk away from their contract for free when the transfer window reopens on Friday.

Speaking after Monday’s 1-0 win against Rovers manager Neil Lennon hoped the news could ease a little of the pressure being felt by the squad, who have had their November salary frozen for an indefinite period.

“I don’t know the ins and out of it but the fact they should be getting some money will be a little bit of comfort,” he added.

The next hurdle faced by the club is a considerable one – and all efforts will now be channelled into staving off a winding-up order from HMRC over an unpaid tax bill, due at the High Court on January 18.

Efforts to secure a new owner continue, with the club maintaining that more than one party are currently in negotiation.

7Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Wed Dec 30 2015, 17:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Young striker Wilkinson heads back to Wanderers

CONOR Wilkinson will return to Wanderers next week after Barnsley passed up on the chance to sign him permanently.

The Republic of Ireland Under-21 striker has scored just once for the Tykes in 12 appearances and has started just three games.

The 20-year-old has not played since November 7 so it was little surprise that Lee Johnson passed on the chance to sign him for a pre-agreed fee, believed to be £75,000.

Wilkinson has made six senior appearances for the Whites since signing from Millwall in the summer of 2013.

Hayden White’s loan deal at Blackpool is also due to expire next week – although Neil McDonald has indicated that he would like to keep the young full-back at Bloomfield Road.

8Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Wed Dec 30 2015, 20:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

is it time to let Wilkinson go? Not getting a game for Barnsley so he looks unlikely to be able to step up for us at the moment. Don't suppose it would save much money though would it?

9Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Wed Dec 30 2015, 20:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:is it time to let Wilkinson go? Not getting a game for Barnsley so he looks unlikely to be able to step up for us at the moment. Don't suppose it would save much money though would it?
We'd have to pay up his contract

10Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Wed Dec 30 2015, 20:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:is it time to let Wilkinson go? Not getting a game for Barnsley so he looks unlikely to be able to step up for us at the moment. Don't suppose it would save much money though would it?
We'd have to pay up his contract
 so we either sell all the players or let them run down their contracts? What a well run club we are  Rolling Eyes

11Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Wed Dec 30 2015, 20:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The club will only sell our better players as a last resort. We'll look to shift out dervite, Pisano, Medo (although it seems no one wants him).. Ameobi is on pay as you play IIRC so he'll get fucked off, Rachubka too.

Then there's twats like Rob hall and Hayden white who we'll probably just accept free transfers for to get their wages off.

There are ways to avoid selling Mavies, Amos, Clough and Vela

12Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Wed Dec 30 2015, 21:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Keep picking them?

13Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Wed Dec 30 2015, 21:10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Keep picking them?

Very Happy

14Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Wed Dec 30 2015, 21:18

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggers, I think you're being dangerously overoptimistic. Mavies, Amos, Clough and Vela are the players most likely to be sold because the others will (a) have far less value and (b) it's unlikely they'll attract much if any interest. While I agree the four of them are essential to our already faint survival hopes I think it's pointless to suggest we're really going to have much in the way of options if someone puts in a bid for them. Frankly I would be willing to bet they'll be the first to go and the likes of Medo etc will be what we are left with. I must confess to being slightly mystified as to what's going on with Kamara as I rated him when he was playing but it seems he isn't in Neil's plans even now.

15Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Thu Dec 31 2015, 00:06

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

In all seriousness, FUCK GARTSIDE!!! I do not care what is wrong with the man, but you fuck up a business as badly as HE has and there should be recriminations! YOU FUCKING USELESS TOOL! "Football people know" now what a complete bastard you are!!!!!

16Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Thu Dec 31 2015, 00:52

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The story goes that Medo is on a similar deal as Rob Hall where further appearances will cost additional money. Dumbest thing I've ever heard of. The whole point of buying players to have them play for you. When you buy but are told "Give 1 mil but if he does well and plays 150 games for you, I want another 500K". I call BS.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

17Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Thu Dec 31 2015, 00:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:The story goes that Medo is on a similar deal as Rob Hall where further appearances will cost additional money. Dumbest thing I've ever heard of. The whole point of buying players to have them play for you. When you buy but are told "Give 1 mil but if he does well and plays 150 games for you, I want another 500K". I call BS.

Appearance bonuses are common place

18Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Thu Dec 31 2015, 09:49

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

One question, which others on here may be able to answer better than I can. If BWFC goes bust, does that show on Brett Warburtons' record and in turn reflect badly on Warburtons brand in as much as banks may be less willing to lend to them, and certainly not at a cheap rate, because they have a "dissolved" business on their record?

19Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Thu Dec 31 2015, 12:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FullofSprite wrote:One question, which others on here may be able to answer better than I can. If BWFC goes bust, does that show on Brett Warburtons' record and in turn reflect badly on Warburtons brand in as much as banks may be less willing to lend to them, and certainly not at a cheap rate, because they have a "dissolved" business on their record?
Companies House record of Directorships but I doubt it will have any bearing on Warby's in the future - too successful historically and everyone knows what footie clubs are like, plus nearly all gazillionaires have a failed enterprise somewhere in the past. Didn't bother Alan Sugar or Trump.

20Trevor Birch says... Empty Re: Trevor Birch says... Thu Dec 31 2015, 14:23

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Robinson's appointment puzzles me to be honest. What's the point in bringing in another person to oversee matters Mr Birch has already been hired to deal with? Why are we hiring people on what I assume are at least high five figure salaries when the club can't even pay the existing staff without selling assets and help from outside? 

Surely that money would have been better spent paying down some of our already crippling debts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum