Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella

+20
FullofSprite
Mr Magoo
Cajunboy
Soul Kitchen
Bolton Nuts
CAMPO
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Banks of the Croal
karlypants
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Chairmanda
JAH
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
Norpig
scottjames30
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Boggers reckons the Far Eastern bid is still the front runner.

Deano claims he has never met Disley before the match day.

So what if that's true and Disley is in fact working for the Far Eastern consortium? Or Stelios' consortium? That would explain his presence and Deano's lack of knowledge of him.

Looking at this another way, what is Disley doing in the Director's box if he has nothing to do with any of the bids?

Disley has nothing to do with any of the 3 bidders. Stelios and his crew are out of the race

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It was a private box which makes it worse. Was its EDs box?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Was it the directors box?

Very good question.
The answer to which may give us an insight into why he was even at the ground.

I'd assumed it was the Director's box as a recent BN article said words to the effect of "the new owners may be in the Director's box as early as the Cardiff game"

By all accounts, it was a private box (suggestion being that it was Amir Khan's but in the absence of any proof, we'll skip over that) and DH and this Disley clown were together before, during and after the match in the hotel, shaking hands, smiling and looking generally quite smug.

I honestly can't believe (as Fin has already pointed out) that the BN aren't all over these fucking idiots.

Iles appears happy to trot out (the expected) line that there's nothing in it and DH doesn't know the guy.

In fact he got quite defensive and chippy about it on Twitter last night.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So we don't know whose box it was and we don't know why the fraudster had been invited into that box.
We know why Deano was there, but we don't know who invited him into that particular box or introduced him to Disley. That's the person of interest IMO.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too much is being read into Disley

wanderlust wrote:So we don't know whose box it was and we don't know why the fraudster had been invited into that box.
We know why Deano was there, but we don't know who invited him into that particular box or introduced him to Disley. That's the person of interest IMO.

Correct.

And it serves to confirm that DH hasn't a fucking clue what's going on and really is just a "fat Zorro-faced idiot (TM FinlayMcDanger - all rights reserved) who is being used by someone else to try and ingratiate that particular bid with the fans.

I'm starting to think I'd prefer Administration.......

wanderlust wrote:So we don't know whose box it was and we don't know why the fraudster had been invited into that box.
I'm guessing Disley was there because he is a Bolton fan. I've never been in a box at a football match so don't know how they work.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:
I'm guessing Disley was there because he is a Bolton fan. I've never been in a box at a football match so don't know how they work.

Costs about a grand per person per season at the Macron and you get a meal (pub standard) beforehand plus the choice of watching from the table or outside. No queuing for the bar etc.

Box of Nuts anyone?

Well I've been in a few over the years and in my experience, 90% of the people there aren't there for the football.

It's all about corporate entertainment and greasing wheels.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Been once and I agree with Wander & Breadders although not in a box.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

If I was trying to sell a football club - remember also the urgency it apparently needs to be done so too - and the apparently leading bidders frontman (Holdsworth) was invited / wanted to attend the match - would I just let him rock up, queue for a ticket and find his own seat?

Seems to me the club would either facilitate a box for him - would they just stick him in with a room full of strangers? - or he has been invited by someone else.

The most logical thing to me is that (if Holdsworth had never met this bloke before) someone with a box (Khan?) invited him to sit with his friends and / or 'associates'.

All seems a bit murky to me.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't wait for the new board to be unveiled.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boggersbelief wrote:Too much is being read into Disley

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm not interested in the article itself too much - we've already learnt quite a lot about this bloke over the last 24 hrs, no it's one of the comments that stood out for me.

Here's what "whodareswins" posted - and bear in mind that it was two years ago:

ha ha ha i knew this guy, he was doing this over 10 years ago, he ran nightclubs in Bolton, Burnley and Sale. He always used to get other people to become directors of company's and then strip them of every penny and set up accounts with traders and the rip everyone off and leave everyone else to pick up the pieces. i am surprised that banks still did any business with him as he was banned from running any company. 

Simple question now, Boggers:

Given that our biggest fear is that the club will be sold to someone who may have been attracted to it because it's full of juicy assets which could be sold off for a quick profit (and this seems the only way that anybody buying Bolton could come out of it in credit), are you not at least a little bit concerned that he was pictured with Holdsworth at the match on Saturday?

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I don't believe for one minute this is all just coincidence. The guy is involved somehow. We can only hope this whole thing doesn't blow up in our face and end up with no club while he disappears of to the Costa del sol with his tidy profit. Wish I had Boggers confidence but this is a big worry as far as I'm concerned.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:I don't believe for one minute this is all just coincidence. 
Exactly. Why would he be there at all? 
If he doesn't own the box himself he must have been invited by the owner.
Deano was also invited by the owner - an owner who has dodgy friends.
At best there's only one degree of separation between Deano and this slimeball.

Holdsworth (according to Iles and I'm still awaiting official denial from the man himself) says he doesn't know him.

If this is true (which it isn't, but let's pretend) it adds weight to the argument that they were both there as mutual acquaintances of whoever's really behind the SSI bid, as Lusty says.

So this means that whoever is the brains behind the outfit isn't above having someone like Disley (a fucking convicted criminal) in his team and is thick enough to allow him to be photographed alongside the "respectable" face of the bid, ie Holdsworth.

Massive lack of integrity and judgement (both in terms of ethics and PR skills) and obviously not someone we want anywhere near the club, especially not as owner.

If, as I shall repeatedly contend until proven otherwise, Holdsworth does in fact know Disley, this makes him a greasy-haired, lying twat.

And he can fuck right off, money or not. (I suspect "not" being the case there.)

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hate to say it,but administration is looking the best option at the moment.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

John. Disley. Does. Not. Have. Any. Involvement. With. SSI.

Why do I keep reading SSI as ISIS?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum