Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+29
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
DEANO82
okocha
gloswhite
wessy
Angry Dad
y2johnny
bryan458
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Bread2.0
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Mr Magoo
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 41 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 50]

641Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 06 2018, 08:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42953979

I always liked Frasier and the reruns stand up pretty well.
I liked it too. And you're right,the reruns are always enjoyable. Says a lot about modern TV that we have to keep delving into the past for something decent to watch.
I 've been enjoying 'Car 54 Where Are You?' from the early sixties.
Sad that he was only 77.

642Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 07 2018, 23:21

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just watched the first episode of 'Back in Time for Tea' on catch up. It's a 6 part series, about a family from Bradford experiencing how live has changed for northern working class families over the past 100 years. I found it very interesting. If anyone fancies watching it, it is available on BBC iPlayer on the BBC 2 section of the site.

643Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Feb 22 2018, 12:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anyone watch the return of John Cleese to the BBC in 'Hold The Sunset'?

Dire.

644Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Feb 22 2018, 13:05

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:Did anyone watch the return of John Cleese to the BBC in 'Hold The Sunset'?

Dire.

Absolute crap. More like Terry and June than anything contemporary. Didn't even bother watching all of it.

645Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 05 2018, 14:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice to see Gary Oldman got the Oscar last night for Darkest Hour.

Watched it this morning,and it was well deserved.

646Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 05 2018, 17:35

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Agree about Hold The Sunset (pathetic) and Gary Oldman (about time!) but I was very disappointed to see that "mute cleaner falls in love with captive amphibian creature" won best picture Oscar:-it's extremely dull tosh, almost as dire as last year's last-minute, vacuous winner, Moonlight.

The Academy is beginning to repeat a pattern of arrogantly disregarding the films that have swept the board in each year's award ceremonies just before the Oscars in favour of inferior but more PC films. 3 Billboards has something important to say. Love the way the use of billboards has captured the imagination of campaign groups across the world.

647Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 05 2018, 18:53

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Did anyone watch the return of John Cleese to the BBC in 'Hold The Sunset'?

Dire.
Totally agree.

648Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 05 2018, 22:42

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Just finished watching series 3 of Better Call Saul. Not Breaking Bad but still pretty good. Can be a bit slow at times but great acting and some interesting plot developments make it worth watching.

649Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Mar 08 2018, 10:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched The Shape Of Water yesterday. Lot of bollocks.

650Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Mar 08 2018, 19:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still Game returns tonight. 9.30 BBC1. Be there or be square.

651Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Mar 09 2018, 00:01

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anyone else watch The Blacklist? It's a great series IMO.

652Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Mar 09 2018, 07:56

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Recently watched 'Save Me',Its on Sky Atlantic, but Sky let you watch the whole boxset. Give it a watch.

653Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Mar 09 2018, 10:28

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Save Me isn't a patch on the brilliant Line of Duty, made by the same team.

654Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Apr 05 2018, 16:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Enjoying Salamander which is available on BBC player ATM. Starts off with a bank heist and develops into an excellent story line with lots of twists. There's an occasional plot cliche but overall it's pretty good, despite starring the Belgian version of Trevor Eve who my missus thinks is hot.

655Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Apr 05 2018, 16:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trevor Eve. A blast from the past.

Went on amazon looking for him as Shoestring last week,and they were well overpriced at around £35.

656Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Apr 05 2018, 16:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a soft spot for sci-fi and futuristic stuff so I was wondering if anyone had taken their kids to see seen the new Spielberg film Ready Player One? I ask because the critics are completely divided on it, half saying it's outdated and irrelevant and the other half saying that whilst that may be the case it is so visually stunning Spielberg carries it off. There's no way on earth I could convince the missus to go and the kids are grown up so I'm wondering if I should rip it off the internet bother watching it?

657Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Apr 10 2018, 14:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone remember Moody and Pegg? Nice little comedy/drama series circa 1974. Judy Cornwell played a 30 something spinster,who moved from Bolton to London in order to further her civil service  career.
I remember having the serious hots for her at the time. Mind you,despite the weight gain,she was still nice in Keeping Up Appearances.

658Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Apr 15 2018, 17:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Just watched about 40 minutes of Alien: Covenant. It's total garbage and makes even crap like Prometheus look like a work of genius. Avoid at all costs.

659Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Apr 15 2018, 17:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agreed

660Film and TV review. - Page 33 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Apr 15 2018, 17:56

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Watching Ronin tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 41 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum