Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+29
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
DEANO82
okocha
gloswhite
wessy
Angry Dad
y2johnny
bryan458
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Bread2.0
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Mr Magoo
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 50]

781Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:38 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just before the Oscar ceremony gets going, got to love these Golden Raspberries  (Razzies) winners for 2019: The Donald just gets everywhere!

The Razzies winners in full

• Worst picture - Holmes & Watson

• Worst actress - Melissa McCarthy, The Happytime Murders and Life of the Party

• Razzie redeemer award - Melissa McCarthy, Can You Ever Forgive Me?

• Worst actor - Donald J Trump (as himself), Death of a Nation and Fahrenheit 11/9

• Worst supporting actor - John C Reilly, Holmes & Watson

• Worst supporting actress - Kellyanne Conway (as herself), Fahrenheit 11/9

• Worst screen combo - Donald J Trump & His Self Perpetuating Pettiness, Death of a Nation & Fahrenheit 11/9

• Worst remake, rip-off or sequel - Holmes & Watson

• Worst director - Etan Cohen, Holmes & Watson

• Worst screenplay - Fifty Shades Freed, Niall Leonard, from the novel by EL 

782Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:58 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

okocha wrote:Just before the Oscar ceremony gets going, got to love these Golden Raspberries  (Razzies) winners for 2019: The Donald just gets everywhere!

The Razzies winners in full

• Worst picture - Holmes & Watson

• Worst actress - Melissa McCarthy, The Happytime Murders and Life of the Party

• Razzie redeemer award - Melissa McCarthy, Can You Ever Forgive Me?

• Worst actor - Donald J Trump (as himself), Death of a Nation and Fahrenheit 11/9

• Worst supporting actor - John C Reilly, Holmes & Watson

• Worst supporting actress - Kellyanne Conway (as herself), Fahrenheit 11/9

• Worst screen combo - Donald J Trump & His Self Perpetuating Pettiness, Death of a Nation & Fahrenheit 11/9

• Worst remake, rip-off or sequel - Holmes & Watson

• Worst director - Etan Cohen, Holmes & Watson

• Worst screenplay - Fifty Shades Freed, Niall Leonard, from the novel by EL 

Holmes & Watson is apparently unbelievably bad but not in a so bad it's good way. My favourite review of it is:

I always thought giving birth was the most painful thing I would ever experience. I was wrong. Watching 5 minutes of this movie was far more painful.

783Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:31 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good to see a real feel-good film win the best picture award. Forget the political controversies surrounding it, Green Book is an uplifting joy....ultimately about LOVE. Very funny, brilliantly acted, scripted and directed. Way better than the decidedly bonkers The Favourite and some of the other dreary contenders.

784Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:03 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:10pm Tonight. CH4.

100 Vaginas.
Documentary artist Laura Dodsworth photographs and interviews 18 women, from the age of 19 to 77, about how their vagina has shaped their lives.

Has it come to this?

Another one I have seen on the tv listing that is on now is naked and afraid.

Two people try to survive for 21 days in a swap in America where they have to tackle deadly snakes and aligators.

Just think if they jumped up and thought the wiggly worm was food as the two folk tried to flee!

Then again it doesn’t bare thinking about! Shocked

785Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:18 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I reckon you spend too much time with wiggly worms.

786Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:29 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I reckon you spend too much time with wiggly worms.

Are you feeling left out?

787Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:00 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course not, I've got hunks and footballers on speed dial.

788Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:05 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Two years go my missus said it was time to sack off SKY and we ended up with a package of BT TV, Netflix and Freeview - plus the Internet. Now she's whingeing about BT TV because she never watches it and I only watch the footie. So she wants to change now that our BT TV discount is coming to an end.
I called BT and threatened to cancel and they offered to keep the broadband/landline price the same and slightly reduce the TV price but it still works out at £57 a month.
So I called SKY and asked for a quote for broadband, landline, SKY Sports, Netflix and SKY Entertainment and the price was £58 a month plus £40 set up. We'll still get Freeview via a box and I don't want to go down the route of having a dodgy plug in.

Anyone got any handy hints for negotiating them down or is that a fair price?

789Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:07 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have you had a look on uswitch etc?

Have a look at the prices with virgin.

You could always get nowtv with sports which could possibly work out cheaper.

790Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:32 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've got NOW tv and just pay for the Entertainment channel and the  Sport channel when I want it.

The new dongle works really well.

I've got BT Superfast Broadband  which is great as it's to the house ( 75+ download ) and I get BT Sport free apart from the European games.

I keep wondering about getting Netflix, which I can now get on the Nowtv dongle.

791Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:04 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I've got NOW tv and just pay for the Entertainment channel and the  Sport channel when I want it.

The new dongle works really well.

I've got BT Superfast Broadband  which is great as it's to the house ( 75+ download ) and I get BT Sport free apart from the European games.

I keep wondering about getting Netflix, which I can now get on the Nowtv dongle.
Apart from sport, I can't say that I watch a lot of modern TV. I'm still watching DVD's of stuff 30/40/50 + years old. Bilko is still, far and away, better than most modern comedy series.
CH 81 on Freeview is great for old movies and TV shows, many of them hilariously bad, such as Dick Barton: Special Agent. But if you have a nostalgic bent, it's a good watch.
Like Cajun, it's Sky and BT when it comes to sport, but I'm sure Amazon are waiting to pounce on the pair of them.

792Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:05 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks for the advice folks. Netflix is great IMO so we're keeping that and have decided on SKY cos the missus wants SKY Atlantic and Australian Masterchef FFS.

Currently quite enjoying Baptiste on the Beeb, and loads of good stuff on Netflix, hoping for new series of Fauda, Money Heist, La Mante plus some Scandi noir and a few Brit things.

793Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:34 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't like that Scandi noir stuff Lusty. Just a lot of miserable people in big jumpers.

794Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:38 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

A bit late now I know but we have basic Sky plus the movies package and have recently added Netflix. Quite a range of decent stuff on Netflix. I am trying Amazon Prime for a month free trial but I won't bother paying for it. There are just a couple of decent series on it (Bosch and The Expanse), the films are crap and the only standups are Americans you have never heard of.

795Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:43 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone watching Mayans MC on BBC2? Its a spin off from Sons of Anarchy which was fantastic. Well worth a watch and the boxset is on the iplayer.

796Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:45 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:A bit late now I know but we have basic Sky plus the movies package and have recently added Netflix. Quite a range of decent stuff on Netflix. I am trying Amazon Prime for a month free trial but I won't bother paying for it. There are just a couple of decent series on it (Bosch and The Expanse), the films are crap and the only standups are Americans you have never heard of.
Tried Netflix, but only to watch Stranger Things. Finally gave up on it.
We've got Prime, but to tell you the truth, there's not a lot on that either. At least, not to my own personal taste.
My brother says I should get one of these. Cheeky bastard.
Film and TV review. - Page 40 Giphy-tumblr

797Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:01 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:
xmiles wrote:A bit late now I know but we have basic Sky plus the movies package and have recently added Netflix. Quite a range of decent stuff on Netflix. I am trying Amazon Prime for a month free trial but I won't bother paying for it. There are just a couple of decent series on it (Bosch and The Expanse), the films are crap and the only standups are Americans you have never heard of.
Tried Netflix, but only to watch Stranger Things. Finally gave up on it.
We've got Prime, but to tell you the truth, there's not a lot on that either. At least, not to my own personal taste.
My brother says I should get one of these. Cheeky bastard.
Film and TV review. - Page 40 Giphy-tumblr

Given your taste I wouldn't think there is a lot on Netflix for you but even less on Prime. Apparently research indicates that most Prime members are more interested in the delivery rather than the video element

798Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:48 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Stand by for BRITBOX.

799Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:58 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Cajunboy wrote:Stand by for BRITBOX.

Can't see anybody wasting their money on that.

800Film and TV review. - Page 40 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:41 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't remember who suggested I give Shetland a go, but I did, and I have to say, I'm enjoying it. Ta.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum