Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Johan Elshitter...

+8
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Keegan
largehat
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Johan Elshitter... Empty Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 10:22

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

our old friend and the biggest waste of money in BWFCs history will be playing tonight for the swedes!

hes warned us to brace ourselves apparently... Shocked

I really hope he has a total shitter...

cost us way to much money and we didn't get much in return from him, plus the bastard left us on a free and looked even less arsed than usual in the last few months of his contract...

the quote below from the BEN article makes me realise why he wont be missed...

''Elmander was a late entrant into the action on Monday evening and wasted
a glorious chance to secure a point by lashing a shot over the bar with
seconds remaining.''

yep, that's the elmander we know and lov... got frustrated with on a regular basis at the bok.

the only good thing was that goal against wolves... here it is, the only moment elmander looked like a decent player Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 10:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Elmander was absolute crap. He had a 6 week spell in his 3 years at the club where he looked ok, but for the other 150 weeks we paid him £40k per week, he was useless.

Laughable that some people still claim we miss the useless stump.

He'll score tonight though.

3Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 10:43

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Elmander was absolute crap. He had a 6 week spell in his 3 years at the club where he looked ok, but for the other 150 weeks we paid him £40k per week, he was useless.

Laughable that some people still claim we miss the useless stump.

He'll score tonight though.

this is not right, we have agreed twice in 5 days...

what the fuck have you done with Natasha? Laughing

4Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 12:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The 8 million fee was a stone around his neck.

he was a flop, because of his fee...

I think he's no more than an average player, odd good performance, wildly inconsistant who was bought for way way way over his genuine price.

5Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 13:02

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The 8 million fee was a stone around his neck.

he was a flop, because of his fee...

I think he's no more than an average player, odd good performance, wildly inconsistant who was bought for way way way over his genuine price.

he was a flop because he was shit...

the fee does get brought up as it kind of hurts the amount of money we wasted on him. If he was a free or cost very little...he would not have been any better.

its the same with David Ngog... hes also shit.

the fee dont matter, if i see a good player playing for us, i will praise them, but a terrible player will get just as much shit of me regardless of the fee paid...

6Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 13:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

he was a flop because he was shit...

the fee does get brought up as it kind of hurts the amount of money we wasted on him. If he was a free or cost very little...he would not have been any better.

its the same with David Ngog... hes also shit.

the fee dont matter, if i see a good player playing for us, i will praise them, but a terrible player will get just as much shit of me regardless of the fee paid...

Whether you pay £8m or 8p for a professional footballer, he should be able to stick the ball past the keeper when clean through. Elmander missed more sitters than any Bolton player since David Reeves.

7Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 13:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The old "he's shit" argument doesn't really wash with me, though you may truly believe that.

He quite clearly isn't "shit" he's scored goals in England, Denmark, France and now Turkey, he's scored goals at international level and continues to start for his country.

Is he world class, no, no where near, he's extremely inconsistent in a way that hurts his game, I don't think any area of his game stands out so i term him average.

As for Ngog i disagree strongly again, he isn't "shit." He's a selfless worker, being played in a system totally at odds with his natural style and yet he's happy to chase aimless balls into the corners, he's also proven to be good at holding the ball up, something he's never been asked to do in his career.

He's had no balls in behind or balls out to the left where he would naturally play, in fact I'm struggling to think of any, he's also only 23 and IMO has a solid upside.

8Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 13:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

As for Ngog i disagree strongly again, he isn't "shit." He's a selfless worker, being played in a system totally at odds with his natural style and yet he's happy to chase aimless balls into the corners, he's also proven to be good at holding the ball up, something he's never been asked to do in his career.

He's had no balls in behind or balls out to the left where he would naturally play, in fact I'm struggling to think of any, he's also only 23 and IMO has a solid upside.

Utter shite as usual.

Ngog is a professional footballer being paid big wages - he's very near the top of his profession. It should be a given that ANY professional footballer can run about a bit, hold up a ball, and pass to a player on the same team.

I'm sick of this excuse "we don't play to his strengths". It doesn't matter what tactics you play, a simple chance is a simple chance. A half chance is a half chance. Ngog fluffed them all.

9Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 13:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All strikers miss chances, the problem comes when you expect David Ngog to be playing like Messi (who also misses chances shock horror!)

At Bolton Ngog might get 2 chances a game MAX, by playing him as a hold up man you probably lower that to 1 chance a game.

The law of averages suggest an average player, with no particular skill at finishing will score hardly at all when presented with 1 chance a game.

10Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 14:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:All strikers miss chances, the problem comes when you expect David Ngog to be playing like Messi (who also misses chances shock horror!)

At Bolton Ngog might get 2 chances a game MAX, by playing him as a hold up man you probably lower that to 1 chance a game.

The law of averages suggest an average player, with no particular skill at finishing will score hardly at all when presented with 1 chance a game.

It's as though you're suggesting a professional footballer shouldn't have any skill unless he plays for Barca.

11Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 14:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No... read again.

12Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 14:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No... read again.

You don't get average lawyers working for a top law firm. Neither do you get average accountants working for the top financial institutions. So you souldn't get average players in the Premier League.

13Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 14:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe you shouldn't... but you do. Thats another discussion altogether.

14Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 14:47

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Elmander wasn't worth keeping because he wanted ridiculous money and even in his best (most recent) season he was hot and cold. But even in games where he was poor, he provided a presence that we've often lacked this season. He's a headless chicken, granted, but sometimes you need headless chickens because headless chickens actually move, where Davies and Klasnic don't so much.
We conceded a lot of goals last season that could have been prevented had we had somebody up front that was mobile and put some pressure on the opposition.
Ngog has sort of filled the gap left by Elmander, except I think he has even less quality in front of goal.

15Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 16:20

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I thought the fee was closer to 11 million than 8.

Regardless, I'd much rather have had Elmander last season than any of the forwards we did have. He's a better technical player than any of them. He'd have scored more goals than any of them too. He did really well in his last season with us, until Sturridge signed and he was shoved in midfield.

16Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 18:18

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We need to move on.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

17Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 18:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think we have moved on, but he is playing against England tonight, so there's a reason to be talking about him IMO.

18Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Fri Jun 15 2012, 19:25

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Agreed - but how Bolton signed him and what he did in a white shirt will most likely not affect how he plays against England.
We need to move on.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

19Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sat Jun 16 2012, 12:20

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He was useless, but thats all I was expecting

20Johan Elshitter... Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sat Jun 16 2012, 13:37

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

When you have him up front with Ibrahimovic who claims to be the best player in the world then you aint going to be going far in competition IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum