Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Johan Elshitter...

+8
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Keegan
largehat
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sat Jun 16 2012, 14:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Elmander was in and out as ever, didn't expect much else.

22Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sat Jun 16 2012, 15:08

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If Ibrahimovic is the best player in the world then we should all pack up and watch something else. He should have closed Gerrard down last night before his cross for Carrols goal- and if he had been less selfish the result could have been differennt. Time and time again when Sweden were on the attack he stopped and walked with the ball as if he was a better dribbler than Best or Ronaldo. He got surrounded by England defenders who simply took the ball off him. He cost them the game with his selfish antics

23Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sat Jun 16 2012, 15:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Last night was the first time I've ever been impressed by Ibrahimovic. He's always looked like another Berbatov to me - skilful but lazy and immobile.
When he puts the effort in, he's great.

Elmander played just how I expected him to. Disappointing, but not near enough to make me think thank fook we got rid.

24Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sat Jun 16 2012, 15:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ibrahimovic actually took the piss out of England at times, his strength holding the ball up is on another level.

His arrogance that he can singly handily win games does cost Sweden at times but no one can deny he is an absolute monster.

6'5 15 stone, a giant, pace, power, touch, holds it up, skill.

Walcott played well when came on but i think people (not on here) are getting carried away by his 1 shot, 1 cross and 1 run.

It's the same kind of reaction Welbeck got for his 1 touch against Belgium.

25Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sat Jun 16 2012, 17:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Ibrahimovic actually took the piss out of England at times, his strength holding the ball up is on another level.

You watched a different game. Ibrahimovic was absolute shite. His only real contribution was a couple of tame long range effort and a messed up free kick that fell kindly for Mellberg.

I loved the Swedish journalist on Sky Sports this morning blaming their exit firmly at the feet of Ibrahimovic, he was having a right old rant. I'm sure at one point he was about to say "overpaid ponce".

26Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sat Jun 16 2012, 17:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

course he was... yawn...

27Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sat Jun 16 2012, 17:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:course he was... yawn...

Shut up you bellend, you are the only person who thought Ibrahimovic was anything but shite. Not once did he get through on goal, create a golden opportunity or even look like scoring.

Have a look at some of the Swedish media reports, they are scathing on their big name stars.

You're just a knob who likes to support the opposition because he has something against being English. Next you'll be telling me Elmander looked dangerous.

28Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sat Jun 16 2012, 17:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why isn't there a report to moderators facility on here?

29Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sat Jun 16 2012, 18:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Why isn't there a report to moderators facility on here?

Tell me your problem, I'll pass it on.

30Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sat Jun 16 2012, 18:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here's an interesting read from a swedish journalist.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has often been accused by his critics for failing to shine when push comes to shove on the international scene, but there can be no doubt that it was his team-mates who dragged him down as Sweden were sent crashing out of Euro 2012 by England.

After scoring against Ukraine, Ibrahimovic also revealed his tremendous potential against England, pushing his team forward in difficult circumstances. He often found himself holding off up to four defenders to create space for his team-mates, who struggled to support him whenever the Swedes counter-attacked.

Ibrahimovic was left to create miracles on his own up front, and Sweden are now rightfully out of the Euros. One man cannot carry 10 others, and the simple truth is that Sweden had the worst defence in the tournament and a midfield very short of pace and creativity.

When Andy Carroll put England ahead in the 23rd minute, it was the eighth time in the last nine matches that Sweden had conceded a goal from a header, a statistic underlining the problems Erik Hamren has faced while constructing his back line.

Hamren will certainly have to take his share of the blame for the disappointing exit. He aimed to revolutionise Sweden into a much more attack-minded team than had been seen under predecessor Lars Lagerback.

The current boss demanded that Sweden dominate possession, but the tournament proved that the squad lack the technical quality to control a game against good opposition. The midfield didn't have the talent or craft to support Ibrahimovic and Markus Rosenberg (against Ukraine) and Johan Elmander (versus England), and the Milan star suffered massively as a result.

The Swedes were left to put all their eggs in Ibrahimovic's basket. But despite providing plenty of examples of why he is one of the best players in the world, not even the powerful striker's enormous talent could rescue Sweden from crashing out of Euro 2012.

Also his stats vs England.

Total shots (on target) 6/5
Passes 50
Pass accuracy 80%
Chances created 2
Duels (won/lost) 6/5
Recoveries 6 (4)

31Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sat Jun 16 2012, 18:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So you picked the one journo who didn't slag him off.

And stats mean nothing - he didn't do anything great regardless of any stats.

I could pass sideways all night, doesn't mean I did anything to win a match.

Another overpaid ponce who Hipster is in love with.

32Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sat Jun 16 2012, 18:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No i think the general consensus is that he played very well last night and was unlucky to be on the losing team.

be honest whoever i singled out from the sweden team you'd have said was "shite" because thats your act and it's tiresome.

and also i'd rather not be called a bellend and a knob simply because my views differ from yours.

I'd rather post elsewhere than have you go in on me on absolutely every subject just for the sake of it.

33Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sat Jun 16 2012, 18:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't really mind being called names on an internet footy forum - after all I'll never ever have to meet the people who are slinging them my way but I can imagine that if every time I posted some one was calling me names - even if it was meant in fun - that sooner or later you get to the point where it starts to get boring, monotonous and repetitive and does start to spoil your fun of coming on to the forum.

At the end of the day throwing never ending abuse about is not what our forum is about.

It might be a good idea for everyone - including people who simply just want to read the threads - if we take a little break from the 'you're a knob, you're a bellend' type posts for a little while perhaps please.

I don't want stop anyone’s fun but I also want to protect people's enjoyment of the site and so I'm simply asking for everyone’s help to try and strike the right balance.

Hope that seems fair to everyone and that everybody can learn to accept other people's opinions from now on without the need to always lob a bit of abuse their way.

Thanks.

34Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sun Jun 17 2012, 08:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

be honest whoever i singled out from the sweden team you'd have said was "shite" because thats your act and it's tiresome.

Ironic. You don't think it's a little strange to come on a forum used by mainly English people to go on about a Swedish player? You've made your hatred of the English players perfectly clear and I get that, but to start banging on about the Swedish player as though he's Messi is just WUMming of the highest order.

And I'll tell you what I tire of, people threatening to leave football forums. If you're going to leave then leave, don't announce it to the world. You're not Chris Amos.

35Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sun Jun 17 2012, 08:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I don't really mind being called names on an internet footy forum - after all I'll never ever have to meet the people who are slinging them my way but I can imagine that if every time I posted some one was calling me names - even if it was meant in fun - that sooner or later you get to the point where it starts to get boring, monotonous and repetitive and does start to spoil your fun of coming on to the forum.

At the end of the day throwing never ending abuse about is not what our forum is about.

It might be a good idea for everyone - including people who simply just want to read the threads - if we take a little break from the 'you're a knob, you're a bellend' type posts for a little while perhaps please.

I don't want stop anyone’s fun but I also want to protect people's enjoyment of the site and so I'm simply asking for everyone’s help to try and strike the right balance.

Hope that seems fair to everyone and that everybody can learn to accept other people's opinions from now on without the need to always lob a bit of abuse their way.

Thanks.

I have been calling Hipster a bellend for about 4 years or so. I don't believe for a minute he gives a toss - if he did why would he post here?

36Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sun Jun 17 2012, 10:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ibrahimovic is a very talented and very cocky player and he was excellent against England IMHO. He did England a massive favour when they scored their second by putting Joe Hart firmly in his place. I have a lot of time for Hart and have been impressed with him since his early days at Shrewsbury but he is starting to develop into a bit of a [email=tw@t]tw@t[/email] and believe his own hype. His rise has been meteoric and somewhat helped by the absence of real competition for the England jersey. Recently he's been a bit cavalier in goal, trying to dribble round forwards and occasionally not doing the basic things that made him so good so I was well pleased when Ibra went face-to-face with him and yelled "F*** You!" when Sweden took the lead. Hart went white and almost crapped himself. He was a bit shaky for a while after that but his concentration came back and he will be a better player for it.

37Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sun Jun 17 2012, 10:14

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I don't really mind being called names on an internet footy forum - after all I'll never ever have to meet the people who are slinging them my way but I can imagine that if every time I posted some one was calling me names - even if it was meant in fun - that sooner or later you get to the point where it starts to get boring, monotonous and repetitive and does start to spoil your fun of coming on to the forum.

Thanks.

I have been calling Hipster a bellend for about 4 years or so. I don't believe for a minute he gives a toss - if he did why would he post here?

That is quite true, plus she has called him much worse! Possibly just a case that the thread was going off topic again!

38Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sun Jun 17 2012, 10:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Straw that broke the camels back perhaps?

Or maybe after all this time the joke is just not funny anymore?

But whatever it is maybe it's time to give it a rest for a while because it's clearly gone on for too long now.

Thanks.

39Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sun Jun 17 2012, 11:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Ironic. You don't think it's a little strange to come on a forum used by mainly English people to go on about a Swedish player? You've made your hatred of the English players perfectly clear and I get that, but to start banging on about the Swedish player as though he's Messi is just WUMming of the highest order.

And I'll tell you what I tire of, people threatening to leave football forums. If you're going to leave then leave, don't announce it to the world. You're not Chris Amos.

I'll admit i do hate the England players, it's not a hatred of "England" it's purely the players.

thats just the way i am, can't stand Cole and Terry, Rooney, Young, Welbeck, Lamps, Gerrard, Hart - Hate them on a saturday with a passion and i certainly won't be cheering for them when the summer comes about.

I'm also a lover of quality footballers, so simply as an observation i pick out someone i thought was brilliant in the game, so far i've picked out Nasri, Ozil and Zlatan for praise.

Feel free to call me a bellend if you want I'm just a bit bored of it after years of it on BA and BB and now it's carrying on on here. Can you at least use a different insult, like wanker or cock or something.

40Johan Elshitter... - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Elshitter... Sun Jun 17 2012, 12:34

What is there to hate about Welbeck, Hart or Lampard? I can understand why people may dislike Rooney, Terry etc because they've proved themselves to be morons on numerous occasions, but what have the previous 3 done?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum