Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton the 5th most asylum seeker populated town in UK

+8
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
gloswhite
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Have to consider that. However, I notice that you are (just) outside the defining age range. Very Happy

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:RT wrote:
Once the indigenous folk start feeling outnumbered by our foreign brothers, then they start to get twitchy and move away from the area to somewhere else where the locals are more home grown. The vacuum left behind soon gets backfilled by more immigrants and ultimately ends up being almost exclusively foreign occupation and in some places, 'no go'  areas are the order of the day. 

Just as "indigenous" folk move to areas which tend to be populated with people who share their ethnicity and culture, so do immigrants because at the end of the day it's a lot easier to stick with what you know that to make an effort to culturally integrate.

It's a two way street and yet it's often pointed out that immigrants make little effort to integrate - when in fact they are only doing exactly what the "indigenous" folk you describe are doing.

We'll never get a fully integrated cosmopolitan society until/unless ALL people make an effort to understand and co-exist with neighbours regardless of ethnicity or culture.

Despite this, the UK is doing a damned sight better than the vast majority of countries in terms of ethnic harmony.

Wander, what you have described is the same all over the world. Immigrants automatically gravitate towards their own kith and kin because they have much more in common and speak the same lingo. I have no problem with that. What does hack me off is that Europe seems to be asked to bear the brunt for all the displacements of peoples brought about by tension and unrest in the middle east.

Isn't it about time that some of the richest nations in the world starting taking responsibility for looking after their fellow brothers? I'm talking about Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrein and Kuwait. Instead of building fancy hotels and resorts couldn't they instead build housing developments for their fellow Muslim brothers? After all, they have plenty of unoccupied land whereas Europe, and especially the UK is pretty much running out of space for new housing developments.

And as for the excuse that it's peoples fault for living too long, I don't buy it. We pay our income tax and national insurance until we reach retirement age and we have paid into the system for enough years to have earned the right to that entitlement.

The crux of the matter is this: The integration of all sections of our society can only be achieved by the will of the people, and not by statute. Going off places like Rochdale, Oldham, Burnley, Blackburn, etc etc... the will simply isn't there.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:Have to consider that. However, I notice that you are (just) outside the defining age range. Very Happy
Ahem, YEAH RIGHT!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Ahem, YEAH RIGHT!

What's that supposed to mean you nincompoop?

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You can only get so many people to stand on a table.

Please do not try this at home without parental guidance!!!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think should i open a beer and cheat my none daylight routine or not?

Life is fucking complicated.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
Ahem, YEAH RIGHT!

What's that supposed to mean you nincompoop?
Not sure being a nincompoop is more or less worse than a bellend.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shut it you ninny.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have mixed feelings about this.

I don't want to be from a country that sits back and lets people get treated like animals in nutjob places like Syria.

But when you're walking around town and you're made to feel like a foreigner by the masses of people not speaking English, it's easy to see why people get pissed off. For the record, I accept that this is far from the only thing wrong with Bolton town centre.

The problem is, people are expected to be patriotic one minute, and happy about mass immigration the next. I mean how are people like norpig supposed to be proud of their Halliwell routes when it's now just full of people with no connection to the community whatsoever?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
But when you're walking around town and you're made to feel like a foreigner by the masses of people not speaking English, it's easy to see why people get pissed off. For the record, I accept that this is far from the only thing wrong with Bolton town centre.

Move to Preston, I need an odd-job man.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

Move to Preston, I need an odd-job man.

I've thought about it for nine minutes and I don't have a witty response for that.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Just take the job Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's PM'd me his CV.

Could have done without the full frontal photo though.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

A short CV is easier to check though

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would check the job description very carefully Nat could have added things relating to upkeep of her singed minge. Also is she asks for your measurements it's to get you a gimp suit so beware

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Not forgetting a spirit level for her wonkies Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More bullery.

Natasha Whittam wrote:More bullery.

Serious question now:

When did bullying become "boolleying"?

That's how they say it now on the news and it gets on my tits.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:More bullery.

Serious question now:

When did bullying become "boolleying"?

That's how they say it now on the news and it gets on my tits.
Could be that most of them is Scots and in such a closed shop, accents get discarded and picked up. Either that or they're from Norfolk with "Bootiful" and "Boot" (Boat).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum