Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the roughest area round here?

+14
Bwfc1958
okocha
Bolton Nuts
Chairmanda
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
scottjames30
Fabians Right Peg
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
karlypants
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1What's the roughest area round here? Empty What's the roughest area round here? Tue Feb 16 2016, 21:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It may or may not come as a massive shock that a primary school in Radcliffe recently had to formally warn parents against smoking cannabis on school premises when dropping off and collecting children.

I've spent a lot of time in Radcliffe over the years for work reasons, and there's no hiding that it's no Monte Carlo. But is it the biggest shithole round here or are there a lot lot worse? Johnson Fold, Hall i'th Wood, Deane, maybe?

Where do you think is the worst place to live in and around Bolton?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great Lever, Deane, Breighmet are all grim places. Overrun with dole dossing bonehead chavs.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breightmet for me as well as Farnworth as a whole and Oldhams Estate.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

What distance away are we talking about?

Is Salford too far away because if it is not then I guess they would win - a killing in a pub full of people (that no one saw!), a grenade attack, someone being machinegun attacked and killed in broad day light on their own drive.

Thank God Bolton's not got this bad (yet!).

Salford killings here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b070rnw4/panorama-gangs-guns-and-the-police

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:Breightmet for me as well as Farnworth as a whole and Oldhams Estate.
I won't fkin tell you again, stop dissing Farnworth, or I'll have to dump you in the bargain booze skip :ninja:

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

New Bury, hands down. only reason they don't have the shootings is because they can't afford the guns. :gun: :rofl:

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
karlypants wrote:Breightmet for me as well as Farnworth as a whole and Oldhams Estate.
I won't fkin tell you again, stop dissing Farnworth, or I'll have to dump you in the bargain booze skip :ninja:
:rofl:

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Little Lever, put the amount of chavs multiplying chavs at a fast rate, everywhere has them so everywhere is a shithole if you live on an estate.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bottom end of Halliwell and Blackburn Road is shocking these days, Tonge Moor is particularly lovely as well Very Happy

In fact it's probably easier to list the nice areas of Bolton it would be a lot quicker

I grew up in Breightmet, there are actually some nice areas or at least used to be. Not the top bit though or the bottom bit but a small part in the middle.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is the Rocket Wine Bar and Brasserie still going in Breightmet?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was brought up in Cannon Street, Deane/ Daubhill but nowadays it looks like a United Nations staging post.

Reebok Trotter wrote:Is the Rocket Wine Bar and Brasserie still going in Breightmet?
I think it shut down early last year and plans were afoot for it to be demolished and replaced with a Spar or Aldi.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brought up on Georgina Street. Not been back for many a year.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

funny this thread started by Doffcocker...highly salubrious!

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:Brought up on Georgina Street. Not been back for many a year.
Top bit or bottom?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were just off Aldred Street.                                  
Moved to Farnworth later,then Little Hulton,and finally this Scouse home from home,Warrington.

Farnworth gets a bad press in my view.

As does Little Hulton.

I've said this before on here but a lot of my (proper) mates live on council estates and I'd rather spend time in their company than in that of a lot of the folk I've met over the years who are "well to do" and live in big houses.

Far too much snobbery about who lives where and what they've got.

It's who you are that counts, not what you've got.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Loved life in Farnworth.

Spent most Saturday mornings in Salters sports shop.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Farnworth gets a bad press in my view.

As does Little Hulton.

I've said this before on here but a lot of my (proper) mates live on council estates and I'd rather spend time in their company than in that of a lot of the folk I've met over the years who are "well to do" and live in big houses.

Far too much snobbery about who lives where and what they've got.

It's who you are that counts, not what you've got.

I feel the same way about Little Lever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum