Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

this is claiming to be a leaked list of wages

+12
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Fabians Right Peg
Norpig
terenceanne
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
Chairmanda
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If it is even half true, and a lot are on contract for next season, we should be worried.

According to Nixon, the club's paying Ben Amos sixteen grand a week.

Let's allow that to sink in for a sec......

A young, unproven 'keeper who'd played a whopping one game for Utd and been hawked out to five other (lower league) clubs before we got our hands on him last year.

And who was brought in to replace Bogdan because it was deemed that the ginger Magyar was being paid too much and so had to go.

Right......so we gamble on a bloke who'd only averaged ten games a season for the last five years......and decided to make him one of the highest earners at the club.

This, despite the fact that Utd had already released him before we signed him, so he was without a club and didn't really need to be courted too hard.

You really couldn't make this shit up and it's no wonder we're in the mess we currently are.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Seriously, we could do with someone doing a proper investigation into the club's transfer practices over the last ten years in terms of who was involved, who benefited the most, why the fees involved were almost never revealed and just how much money disappeared via brown envelopes because someone, somewhere has done very nicely out of the ineptitude of those running the club and questions need to be asked.

Apologies, Mand - I missed this and have just posted my own rant about the situation elsewhere.

Absolute lunacy if the figures are correct - £16k a week for Amos.

Ridiculous.....

Depressing but not surprising, had we seen the wage list a couple of years ago you could add an extra £10k a week onto the top earners. The club seems to have got itself into a halfway house, not paying enough for top quality Championship players, but far too much for very average players. Yet again no strategy or financial planning in the slightest.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never trust The Sun. Very Happy

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's scandalous

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thanks Breadman, I really needed that grotesque Preston woman giving me eye ache on a Monday morning.

Go on Whittam, hit me with it, you smug bitch.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:Thanks Breadman, I really needed that grotesque Preston woman giving me eye ache on a Monday morning.

Go on Whittam, hit me with it, you smug bitch.
You're getting very Amos-esque.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

According to a report in November 2014 the Championship average stood at £9,400. To my knowledge that has more or less doubled in the space of a few years and it will have obviously gone up even more since.

The strangest one there for me is Feeney. Not necessarily saying it's the worst in terms of value for money, it just doesn't add up. Why would we even need to offer that much when he had just been released by Millwall of all clubs?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wouldn't have thought Lonergan was on 16k, so seems a proper strange decision letting him go to get Amos in.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Chairmanda wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Liam Feeney on £17,000 per week?

I thought he was signed from Millwalls reserves - hard to believe he's nearly the clubs top earner but you never know.

Wouldn't surprise me if much of this was true - after all the clubs books have now been seen and after all the leaks that came out from the Holdsworth side during the takeover process, that they would cease now.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How bout Heskey for 7k a week ......

:rofl:

I just can't get away from the fact that there has to be something very wrong with a world in which Gary Madine "earns" over £400,000 a year for playing football badly.

wheater and feeney will be gone in the summer.

thats 1.76million a year saved.

wouldn;t be surprised if davies, spearing, trotter and pratley either moved on or had their contracts cancelled by mutual consent.   another 3.17 million saved.  thats 4.93 million saved in a year

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we have to get rid of all the summer 16 and 17 contract players this summer surely? We can't survive in the Championship never mind league 1 with that amount of wages

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why did Bolton ever take out the relegation clauses in contracts as well? We did this when we first got promoted to the Premiership and should have carried it on. Can we really imagine paying Amos and Pratley that kind of wages if and when we go down?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:I wouldn't have thought Lonergan was on 16k, so seems a proper strange decision letting him go to get Amos in.

I wouldn't have thought Feeney was on 17k. Clearly these assumptions count for very little.

Lonergan was outstanding for us last season and Fulham (maybe even several other clubs), who have more cash to throw around than we do, showed an interest. Whatever he was on to begin with, you can throw another five grand or so on top of that if we'd wanted to keep him.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Four of Lennon's signings account for £2mil plus as season Shocked That's not looking at the cost of silva, pisano, prince, Wilson, Ameobi, Dobey and casado so you can chuck another3mil in the pot and not one was a first team regular, so that's 4-5 mil blown this year alone.

Three of the big earners (Madine, Amos and Derick) are with us until at least this time next year, with Amos an additional year.

Derrick has been a bench warmer most of the season, Madine and Heskey don't play at the same time, we have Holding, Taylor, Thomas, Eaves and Woolery who all could have been used as back up, and we wouldn't be any worse off.

And £16k for Amos Mad

Rumours that these guys still don't negotiate relegation clauses to reduce wages.

How the hell is this still happening.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we definitely used to have relegation clauses, i remember overhearing Ricardo Gardner's girlfriend once moaning about it, hoping they didn't get relegated  Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum