Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

3 games that will define our season.

+2
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

13 games that will define our season. Empty 3 games that will define our season. Thu Mar 03 2016, 23:20

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Starting wit Leeds, then Ipswich in midweek, finishing with Preston a week on Saturday, if we are to stand a chance of staying up we need at least 7 points, anything less we are down.

We're gone mate.

The damage is already done.

If we're to survive, we need to suddenly find a way to start steamrollering the opposition and, given that we've only won four games all season (and it's now March), there's fuck all chance that we're suddenly going to become capable of that and win the (at least) eight that we will probably need to stay up.

We've been effectively down for weeks, if not months.

In fact, we were down the minute Saint Edwin said: "No more!"

You can't run a competitive football club and hope to survive if you flog all your talent, stop paying the gas-man and try and rely on freebies and players that nobody with half a brain would sign.

Yes, Gary...I'm looking at you.

Fuck it.....

Embrace it and let's just see what pans out.

If we've still got a club in 6 months, great!

If not.......I'm off to the Isle of Man with my cricket bat.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What another bollocks thread, as long as we win five out of our remaining fixtures, that will define our season,it doesn't hinge on our next three games, we could win our last three games.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Win 5 games from our remaining 12? Never going to happen

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:What another bollocks thread, as long as we win five out of our remaining fixtures, that will define our season,it doesn't hinge on our next three games, we could win our last three games.

I agree with this, minus the abuse, even though it's only Martin.

Let's just accept that the team's a mess, we'll more than likely go down, but with a bit (a shitload) of luck we might just stay up. And it's not just about us, it's about there being three teams even more awful than us, which is only a quarter of our responsibility.

Whatever happens, is spending some time in League One absolutely unthinkable? Doesn't seem to matter all that much to me, compared to what's going on or not going on behind the scenes.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There is still hope (not much mind you) ..... but mathematically there are plenty of points still on the table.  36 to be exact.  I think the teams around us need to have losing streaks at this point. We have been unlucky to walk away from some games with zero points...like last week for example. If we can win a few games and the teams above win an odd game then we are fooked.  So all we can do is put in as many good performances as we can and hope for a complete loss of form by Bristol City Etc .....

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yup. Every game "is a cup final" and it doesn't matter where the points come from especially as we tend to put in better performances when we play better teams. Just need a way of getting wins - from anywhere.

Statistically, we're already f***** so it's about time we started playing with the tactical freedom that having nothing to lose should endow us with - and then you never know what may happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum