Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latest news on the Religion of Peace

+4
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
wanderlust
xmiles
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Latest news on the Religion of Peace Empty Latest news on the Religion of Peace Thu Mar 31 2016, 09:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's an inflammatory title xmiles. We've been here before. Do we have to ascribe every other rape, murder or scandal that occurs today to those damned Christians? After all Christians are responsible for over 95% of murders in the UK so statistically you'd expect the papers to be be telling a different story - however they are inherently racist so I guess raking up a Muslim's past sells more than reporting what's actually happening now. Ironically, Christianity claims to be "the Religion of Peace" you talk about and yet leads the way in UK crime.

Are you ready to accept that 2 dodgy blokes in Scotland have had stuff about their past researched and published as if it's news? 

Frankly, what these idiots did 10 years ago is less worrying that what those Christian paedophiles, murderers and rapists are doing today.

You should look at the Prison Reform Trust stats on prisoners in the UK. We tend to lock up Afro-Caribbean British who are predominantly from Christian families - probably because of inherent racism in the judicial system - but crime levels in the British Asian population are lower than the national average and the lowest of any major societal group.

Seems that you - like the BBC - are really clutching at straws to disparage Islam in this thread unless there is actually something more meaningful in your insinuations that I am missing?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I also have to wonder what the point of putting on the forum.

Having said that, I think the news item itself is perfectly legitimate. its 'dodgy blokes' that are a good source of dissent, etc, which leads to more serious concerns.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Put it this way:
If Islamaphobia didn't exist, journalists wouldn't waste resources on investigating the past lives of Muslims established in the community. They would be concentrating their efforts and budgets on reporting the news - and what these guys did years ago isn't news, it's gossip.

Now there is tons of news which doesn't get reported, notably the IS attacks on Muslims in Muslim countries which so far have been far more destructive and murderous than Paris or Brussels and yet were hardly mentioned despite their obvious relevance and usefulness in showing British citizens that IS is non-religious.

Every day there is a murder in the UK and there is a rape every hour but we don't hear about those  actual, real news stories in our own communities.

But because Islamaphobia does exist, journalists can feel justified in ascribing resources to rake over Muslim Clerics' past because there is an audience that would much rather tut tut about another religion than face the reality of what is really happening in society. And Muslim crime is a very small and relatively insignificant proportion of it.

This is an example of designer news produced by those who wish to control the thought processes of the gullible and ignorant and we shouldn't allow it to happen.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

You are completely missing the point WL.

The only religion, some of whose adherents, consistently advocate and support the killing of non-believers is Islam. It is not Islamophobia to state this. People of all religions and non-believers commit crimes. That is not the point. No other faith harbours people who commit atrocities like the recent Lahore massacre for religious reasons. That people can defend such behaviour is beyond my understanding. What irritates me is the failure to recognise this unique aspect of this particular religion.

Incidentally the term "Islamophobia" was first introduced as a concept in a 1991 Runnymede Trust Report and defined as "unfounded hostility towards Muslims, and therefore fear or dislike of all or most Muslims". I am not Islamophobic and most of the alleged Islamophobia is not a fear or dislike of all or most Muslims.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Xmiles, what position do you hold in the EDL?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm surprised at how many people think its only the non Muslim people who are guilty of so called 'hate crimes'. Its a two way street, and we're intensely disliked by many Muslims. The difference is that we don't plot in church, nor go out to hurt and maim others. I think in this case, which is nothing more than highlighting a current topic, your reaction regarding Islamophobia, is a bit strong.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It's interesting gloswhite that you mention hate crimes. This reminds me that so called honour killings are another cultural phenomenon which appear to be virtually confined to the Muslim community.

And to avoid misunderstanding let me repeat this is not an attack on the wider Muslim community who I am sure abhor this practice but an attempt to get someone to explain why this particular faith has significant numbers of believers who commit such repellent acts.

If you seriously crave answers to these questions, why don't you nip into your local mosque and ask them?

Or would you prefer to just continue posting thinly-veiled racist bollocks on here, safe in the knowledge that nobody's going to punch you in the face for being a racist dickhead because they can't get at you?

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

There are times when I despair about religion arguments. I'm CofE and go to a CofE service on base, there are Catholic services and Free Church (Inc Church of Scotland) services which I am also welcome to attend. If I have need of other religions then details of the Rabbi, Hindu, Buddhist and Sikh Civilian Chaplains to the Armed Forces are available from the chaplains’ clerk. On an oblique I've also been to a synagogue, mosque, Greek orthodox church and Buddhist Temple. Now, I view this from being brought up with a certain philosophy that you treat others as you would like to be treated. Unfortunately, this philosophy isn't even thought of in some societies. It's a life dictated by strict rules with strict punishments. Saudi Arabia with its Wahhabi  style of opening offices anywhere there is a Muslim community, and sending their own teachers and imams, have brought their own brand of Islam to the rest of the world. Yet we in the west still suck up to Saudi Arabia as that is where the oil is and the massive armaments, security and construction contracts are. It's too lazy to say, sarcastically, that Muslims are a religion of peace without really going to look at what they are really about. It isn't Muslims per se we should be wary of, but those governments that are intolerant and use Islam to both frighten, terrify and get the ordinary folk into line. It is governments first who need educating.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Breadman wrote:If you seriously crave answers to these questions, why don't you nip into your local mosque and ask them?

Or would you prefer to just continue posting thinly-veiled racist bollocks on here, safe in the knowledge that nobody's going to punch you in the face for being a racist dickhead because they can't get at you?

You have serious anger management issues that you should seek help with. As soon as someone says something you don't agree with it's straight to mindless abuse.

In what way is anything I have posted racist?

I'm fine, don't worry about me.

I am, however, getting a bit bored with your persistent attempts to start threads about how shit you think Muslims are - We get it.

Less than a fraction of 1% of Muslims are mental jihadis, intent on blowing us all up, but as Lusty pointed out earlier, people like you are obviously easily lead into believing the spin and hype perpetrated by the mainstream media which tells us they're all dangerous nutters.

And it concerns me that gullible people like you fall for this shit.

And you're allowed to vote in elections.

I have absolutely no doubt that if you lived in the States, you'd be front and centre at a Trump rally chanting "Build...The...Wall!   Build....The...Wall!" because you're obviously incapable of independent thought and clearly prefer empty rhetoric over substance.

And the supreme irony of it all is, you're playing right into IS / Dash's hands by continuing and furthering their narrative for them.

Can you honestly not see that?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't see it Breaders.
If you ignore something, or make excuses for whatever it is, it will invariably grow bigger/worse. Highlighting something that may, or may not, develop into an issue, will provoke discussion, will it not? Unfortunately, not everyone takes a balanced view of things nowadays, preferring to resort to violence from the word go. I feel people try not to let a situation get to this point too soon, but in doing so, actually suppress the discussion that is needed.

I haven't got a problem with highlighting the genuine issues behind all this, Glos because that's the only way we're ever going to come up with a solution.

But that's not what xmiles is doing, is it?

Starting (yet another) sneery thread with a link to a pointless "news" story which panders to the fears of the 'Kippers and the Daily Mail Little England brigade doesn't really help anybody, does it?

The situation's bad enough without stirring up pointless, divisive shit over and over again.

And the more us whities bang on about how evil your average Muslim is, the more the sense of separation grows and the more chance there is that some impressionable kid sat in his bedroom in Bradford thinks:

"You know what......that Imam's right - These bastards hate me even though I've never hurt anybody, so I might as well strap a bomb to my chest and go and blow up a bus full of kids."

And that's what IS relies on.

We need to be smarter than them and stop playing into their hands.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Breadman wrote:I'm fine, don't worry about me.

I am, however, getting a bit bored with your persistent attempts to start threads about how shit you think Muslims are - We get it.

Less than a fraction of 1% of Muslims are mental jihadis, intent on blowing us all up, but as Lusty pointed out earlier, people like you are obviously easily lead into believing the spin and hype perpetrated by the mainstream media which tells us they're all dangerous nutters.

And it concerns me that gullible people like you fall for this shit.

And you're allowed to vote in elections.

I have absolutely no doubt that if you lived in the States, you'd be front and centre at a Trump rally chanting "Build...The...Wall!   Build....The...Wall!" because you're obviously incapable of independent thought and clearly prefer empty rhetoric over substance.

And the supreme irony of it all is, you're playing right into IS / Dash's hands by continuing and furthering their narrative for them.

Can you honestly not see that?

As usual you refuse to engage with any rational argument. All you do is continue with more baseless allegations. You accuse me of being a racist yet provide no evidence to back up this vile slander. At no point have I ever accused all Muslims of being "shit". I firmly believe that most Muslims do not support the extremists.

Exactly how is it playing into the hands of extremists to expose the behaviour of a few leading figures in the Muslim community who support extremists?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:There are times when I despair about religion arguments. I'm CofE and go to a CofE service on base, there are Catholic services and Free Church (Inc Church of Scotland) services which I am also welcome to attend. If I have need of other religions then details of the Rabbi, Hindu, Buddhist and Sikh Civilian Chaplains to the Armed Forces are available from the chaplains’ clerk. On an oblique I've also been to a synagogue, mosque, Greek orthodox church and Buddhist Temple. Now, I view this from being brought up with a certain philosophy that you treat others as you would like to be treated. Unfortunately, this philosophy isn't even thought of in some societies. It's a life dictated by strict rules with strict punishments. Saudi Arabia with its Wahhabi  style of opening offices anywhere there is a Muslim community, and sending their own teachers and imams, have brought their own brand of Islam to the rest of the world. Yet we in the west still suck up to Saudi Arabia as that is where the oil is and the massive armaments, security and construction contracts are. It's too lazy to say, sarcastically, that Muslims are a religion of peace without really going to look at what they are really about. It isn't Muslims per se we should be wary of, but those governments that are intolerant and use Islam to both frighten, terrify and get the ordinary folk into line. It is governments first who need educating.

Well said Bollotom, I read an article about Molenbeek the other day and specifically the Saudi funded grand Mosque that had been built there in 1968. Keen for cheap oil the Belgian government (like many others in the West) turned a blind eye to the extreme Wahhabi teachings the Saudi's exported. Similar cases are prominent all over the world, the Saudi's have spent more on Wahhabism than the Soviet Union did pushing Communism around the world.

It's just one of many issues behind the issue, but it's far too simplistic to just say Muslims are the problem - not saying xmiles has in this instance, but there's a growing number of idiots who use it as an excuse to broadcast their own bigoted views of the world.

Separate issue but I'd ban schools from being religiously selective, what a load of shite that is.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"thinly veiled racism" accusation when challenging a religious doctrine with critical thinking and questions.

easy to see why the regressive left is increasingly seen as the most dangerous threat to a free and open society.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:easy to see why the regressive left is increasingly seen as the most dangerous threat to a free and open society.

Laughing  

By the likes of Katie Hopkins? Give it a rest. This has fuck all to do with left and right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum