Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting?

+24
doffcocker
JAH
Bwfc1958
BoltonTillIDie
Dunkels King
xmiles
Soul Kitchen
King Bill
bwfc71
NickFazer
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
karlypants
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
gloswhite
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Bollotom2014
whatsgoingon
Norpig
okocha
Sluffy
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33  Next

Are you an innie or an outie?

referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 28 Vote_lcap51%referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 28 Vote_rcap 51% [ 19 ]
referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 28 Vote_lcap49%referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 28 Vote_rcap 49% [ 18 ]
referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 28 Vote_lcap0%referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 28 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 37

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 33]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:What abuse?

If you are happy supporting Farage and co and read the Daily Mail that's up to you.

Don't be childish
:rofl: I wouldn't hold your breath. 
referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 28 Babies-on-a-couch

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Guys, I don't mind discussing the various aspects of the referendum, but felt there was some bullying and personal abuse going on, that wasn't necessary. I've just read through the rest of the thread, and it seems that things are quietening down, so, hopefully, its back to business as usual.
Where do we start ? (maybe a new thread ?)
I believe that negotiations should begin with the EU after we have a cross-party negotiating team in place, which is separate from day-to-day politics. However, I also believe that the head of the Government, (the Conservatives for now), should be drawn from the Leave camp. We shouldn't instigate rule 50 until we have the new PM and negotiating team in place, although initial consultations with the EU team should take place asap.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I tend to think the opposite of that Glos, as per the old saying 'marry in haste, repent in leisure'!

I think we need to let the dust settle first and explore what exactly is the hand we are holding now and how best to play it.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

True Sluffy, but when the dust has settled, we'll have to be out of the blocks quickly, and with a plan, to retain as much of the trading benefits, as a beginning, as we can. We can mourn our lost way of doing things, but need to make sure we, as a country, are on the ball.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Actually Sluffy, were saying the same thing, but I'm looking just a little further down the road than you. Very Happy

For the record, I didn't launch a personal attack on KP's mrs.

I merely pointed out the inherent irony of Nuts' most vocal proponent of the "Let's leave the EU and take back control of our borders to stop immigrants coming in" brigade being married to a foreigner who now lives in England.

This, after he'd referred to myself and another contributor, as "a pair of tits" whose genuine questions regarding his hopes for the future weren't worth answering.

If you're going to play at being a moderator, you need to understand that the big red "Ban" button comes with certain expectations and responsibilities.

Backing yourself into a corner intellectually and then seeing your arse because you can't come up with a valid counterpoint to other peoples' position on any given subject isn't a viable reason for abusing your power.

The Leave campaign are quick to throw stones at the Brussels political elite for (in their erroneous opinion) abusing their power to serve their own agenda, but it would appear that they're only too happy to conduct themselves in a similar manner.

Fucking laughable.

And I want a full and frank apology.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stop being a nasty prick, you deserved a ban, you're lucky you've been let back .

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could anyone see my lips move?

gloswhite wrote:Guys, I don't mind discussing the various aspects of the referendum, but felt there was some bullying and personal abuse going on, that wasn't necessary. I've just read through the rest of the thread, and it seems that things are quietening down, so, hopefully, its back to business as usual.
I believe that negotiations should begin with the EU after we have a cross-party negotiating team in place, which is separate from day-to-day politics. However, I also believe that the head of the Government, (the Conservatives for now), should be drawn from the Leave camp. We shouldn't instigate rule 50 until we have the new PM and negotiating team in place, although initial consultations with the EU team should take place asap.

Although I've steered away from insulting anyone myself, the 'abuse' on this thread is far tamer than it could be given the level of emotion surrounding this issue. I think we've all done pretty well to stay on topic to be honest. 

As I mentioned last night it's not bullying to question somebody's views when they're put across so vociferously - in fact I think it's important to do so.

Back on point, I think you're spot on a cross party negotiation team has to be appointed. The right wingers that drove the leave campaign cannot be allowed to decide the terms on which our future depends. 

We also need a general election, the terms of the Tories win last year have completely changed. Whoever the new leader is must secure a mandate.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote: Whoever the new leader is must secure a mandate.

I don't think that this is the time to be discussing whether a new leader should be trying to find a bedroom partner.  Very Happy

You're right though, what xmiles and the like cannot grasp is that a vote to leave the EU wasn't a vote for Farage, Johnson or anyone like that.

We definitely should have a general election to determine who our next PM should be. It can't be left just up to Tory members to vote the next leader in.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

bwfc1874 wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Guys, I don't mind discussing the various aspects of the referendum, but felt there was some bullying and personal abuse going on, that wasn't necessary. I've just read through the rest of the thread, and it seems that things are quietening down, so, hopefully, its back to business as usual.

Although I've steered away from insulting anyone myself, the 'abuse' on this thread is far tamer than it could be given the level of emotion surrounding this issue. I think we've all done pretty well to stay on topic to be honest. 

As I mentioned last night it's not bullying to question somebody's views when they're put across so vociferously - in fact I think it's important to do so.

Back on point, I think you're spot on a cross party negotiation team has to be appointed. The right wingers that drove the leave campaign cannot be allowed to decide the terms on which our future depends. 

We also need a general election, the terms of the Tories win last year have completely changed. Whoever the new leader is must secure a mandate.

I agree, but I'm wary of an election. Lets be honest, take a look at the main political parties, and they're a shambles. Apart from the negotiations the future is on hold. What would we be voting for ? The politicians know what needs to be done, and until were going in that direction, there are too many ifs and buts. Having a mandate is all well and good, but I think we need some stability, and throwing in an election by the end of the year, as some say,  will be muddying the waters even more.

They are a shambles, but an election would get them straightened out sharpish especially Labour, we need to rip it up and start again.

The Tories won the election on the basis of being a centrist party, Boris and Gove are not that and they cannot be given control of the country having had absolutely no public mandate to do so. Workers rights and public services have already suffered to much, with no EU controls to prevent them doing so Boris and Gove would completely wipe us out and we'll end up like the US.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:For the record, I didn't launch a personal attack on KP's mrs.

I merely pointed out the inherent irony of Nuts' most vocal proponent of the "Let's leave the EU and take back control of our borders to stop immigrants coming in" brigade being married to a foreigner who now lives in England.

This, after he'd referred to myself and another contributor, as "a pair of tits" whose genuine questions regarding his hopes for the future weren't worth answering.

If you're going to play at being a moderator, you need to understand that the big red "Ban" button comes with certain expectations and responsibilities.

Backing yourself into a corner intellectually and then seeing your arse because you can't come up with a valid counterpoint to other peoples' position on any given subject isn't a viable reason for abusing your power.

The Leave campaign are quick to throw stones at the Brussels political elite for (in their erroneous opinion) abusing their power to serve their own agenda, but it would appear that they're only too happy to conduct themselves in a similar manner.

Fucking laughable.

I'm sorry you are upset.

As you all know the lads who run the site do it for free, in their own time and pay for the site out of their own pocket simply for a bit of fun.

We don't get anything out of it other than the laughs we share amongst ourselves and from those who share our sense of fun on Nuts.

When I say we don't get anything out of it, that isn't exactly true because we do from time to time have to put up with all sorts of shite which I think most will agree we do rather well.

We aren't though perfect and one of the few things we won't tolerate is when other people drag our family in to score some sort of a point or other against us on a public forum read by who knows whom.

They may have a valid point or not but it has become far, far to personal for what is after all just an internet argument between people who have never even met in real life.

If people consider it abuse of power to terminate such infringements into our private family life, then we have abused our power and no doubt will abuse again if anybody starts to become personal about our family.

If you want to have a pop at us then feel free to do so but keep our nearest and dearest out of it.

I think that is a reasonable view from us and I would like to think must others would agree with that also.

Sluffy wrote:
Breadman wrote:For the record, I didn't launch a personal attack on KP's mrs.

Fucking laughable.

I'm sorry you are upset.

As you all know the lads who run the site do it for free, in their own time and pay for the site out of their own pocket simply for a bit of fun.

We don't get anything out of it other than the laughs we share amongst ourselves and from those who share our sense of fun on Nuts.

When I say we don't get anything out of it, that isn't exactly true because we do from time to time have to put up with all sorts of shite which I think most will agree we do rather well.

We aren't though perfect and one of the few things we won't tolerate is when other people drag our family in to score some sort of a point or other against us on a public forum read by who knows whom.

They may have a valid point or not but it has become far, far to personal for what is after all just an internet argument between people who have never even met in real life.

If people consider it abuse of power to terminate such infringements into our private family life, then we have abused our power and no doubt will abuse again if anybody starts to become personal about our family.

If you want to have a pop at us then feel free to do so but keep our nearest and dearest out of it.

I think that is a reasonable view from us and I would like to think must others would agree with that also.

Show me where I've "had a pop" at his wife?

I've never met the woman and she's probably lovely.

Can you honestly not see the irony in someone banging on about stopping foreigners coming over here as one of the reasons they voted they way they did, if they're married to one who "came over here" and now lives in England?

He fucked up here and you know it.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have to agree with Bread on this. I can't see anything in his post that reflects badly on Mrs KP.

Thanks me.

I knew we'd see it the same way as we did.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Thanks me.

I knew we'd see it the same way as we did.
No worries mate. See you later.
referendum - Nuts EU Referendum - How will you be voting? - Page 28 Untitled-666

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cracks beginning to show in the bum chum elite

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Cracks beginning to show in the bum chum elite
scratch

Sponsored content