Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nuts Music Comp - Day 4

+8
Reebok Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
Banks of the Croal
boltonbonce
whatsgoingon
xmiles
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 13:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
Norpig wrote:well i think these are all crackers, 5's all round, whoever picked these is a musical genius with impeccable taste
Could they also be a serial killer who happens to work for the NHS?

Victorino Chua?
  Very Happy

22Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 13:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whoops, thought I'd already given the score on here - sorry - although it did allow Lusty's late vote to be counted (although I'm not sure that helped that much with the overall average score!)

Norpig obviously was the person whose picks these are and not taking in his score of '5's all round' I make it that 14 people posted up 105 points for an average of 7.5

I've already received Norpig's links for the next round - obviously that was his subtle hint to remind me to mark his earlier links!

Well I managed to get there in the end!

Very Happy

23Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 14:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i just assumed i was out due to everyone else's bad taste in music  Very Happy

24Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 14:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:i just assumed i was out due to everyone else's bad taste in music  Very Happy

I'm rethinking a bit as to whether or not we should make a competition of this as first intended, as it's proved more popular than I ever imagined it would and I would like to keep everybody involved with it for as long as they wanted to, rather than get knocked out of the event half way though it.

I'm thinking maybe I should organise it not as a knock-out but more like a league table where everybody who wants to, plays over a number of rounds and their total points averaged over the number of people who marked them determines their positions?

I could always run a knock-out cup maybe later on based say on genre - perhaps round one your favourite rock record, round two - soul record, round three - blues, and so on?

Just thinking aloud really but I want to keep as many people as involved as I can - hope that's seems reasonable with everyone?

25Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 14:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's a danger that some of us might post music that we don't like,but are sure would pick up points.

There are some devious bastards on here.

Not me,of course. Very Happy

26Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 14:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

don't forget the dub step and grime round Sluffy, i know the old codgers on here love a bit of that

27Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 14:34

boltonbonce wrote:There's a danger that some of us might post music that we don't like,but are sure would pick up points.

Movie quiz

28Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 14:36

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:
Norpig wrote:i just assumed i was out due to everyone else's bad taste in music  Very Happy

I'm rethinking a bit as to whether or not we should make a competition of this as first intended, as it's proved more popular than I ever imagined it would and I would like to keep everybody involved with it for as long as they wanted to, rather than get knocked out of the event half way though it.

I'm thinking maybe I should organise it not as a knock-out but more like a league table where everybody who wants to, plays over a number of rounds and their total points averaged over the number of people who marked them determines their positions?

I could always run a knock-out cup maybe later on based say on genre - perhaps round one your favourite rock record, round two - soul record, round three - blues, and so on?

Just thinking aloud really but I want to keep as many people as involved as I can - hope that's seems reasonable with everyone?

I am pleased this is proving so popular and would welcome any variation you fancy trying.

A league table would work better than a knock out competition and be more in keeping with this being a bit of fun. Otherwise as boncey says some people might be tempted to post music they don't like just to pick up points.

29Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 14:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:There's a danger that some of us might post music that we don't like,but are sure would pick up points.

Movie quiz
Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 2016-011

30Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 14:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

xmiles wrote:A league table would work better than a knock out competition and be more in keeping with this being a bit of fun. Otherwise as boncey says some people might be tempted to post music they don't like just to pick up points.

To be honest people could pick popular songs anyway just to boost their average if we played in a league or a cup.

In some way I'd like to take the element of competition out - so that people submit the songs they actually like, rather than what they think other people might like and score them high accordingly - but I also at the same time want to keep it in because it gives the thread a bit of an edge and people mostly do like to be a bit competitive - after all we are here because the only thing we have in common is we follow BWFC who play 'competitive' football - ie we all must inherently be something of a competitor to a greater or lesser extend ourselves anyway.

I guess that people will do whatever they want in respect of whichever rules I come up with.

For now we still have outstanding links to put up for people who haven't had their songs heard yet so there's plenty of time for me to make up the rules whilst I go along.

That's usually the best way of making rules on a forum anyway!

Very Happy

31Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 14:54

boltonbonce wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Movie quiz
Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 2016-011
You win

32Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 15:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

33Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 15:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
xmiles wrote:A league table would work better than a knock out competition and be more in keeping with this being a bit of fun. Otherwise as boncey says some people might be tempted to post music they don't like just to pick up points.

To be honest people could pick popular songs anyway just to boost their average if we played in a league or a cup.

In some way I'd like to take the element of competition out - so that people submit the songs they actually like, rather than what they think other people might like and score them high accordingly - but I also at the same time want to keep it in because it gives the thread a bit of an edge and people mostly do like to be a bit competitive - after all we are here because the only thing we have in common is we follow BWFC who play 'competitive' football - ie we all must inherently be something of a competitor to a greater or lesser extend ourselves anyway.

I guess that people will do whatever they want in respect of whichever rules I come up with.

For now we still have outstanding links to put up for people who haven't had their songs heard yet so there's plenty of time for me to make up the rules whilst I go along.

Very Happy
Fair play Sluffy.This has been a popular thread,so a big thumbs up to you for coming up with it.
I'll just be posting what I like. I've been taken out of my comfort zone a few times already,and a few posts have caused me to search out bands I wouldn't normally look at.
Maybe we can all help each other to step into the unknown.

34Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 16:27

I think most people have a sense of pride when it comes to music and would rather other people not like their rare in music than compromise their integrity.

35Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 16:55

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Very Happy
Fair play Sluffy.This has been a popular thread,so a big thumbs up to you for coming up with it.
I'll just be posting what I like. I've been taken out of my comfort zone a few times already,and a few posts have caused me to search out bands I wouldn't normally look at.
Maybe we can all help each other to step into the unknown.

I think its important to post what you like as opposed to what you think will get most votes. There is no right or wrong when it comes to your personal taste in music - it would be pretty boring if we all liked the same shit.

I've found it difficult and even felt bad when scoring some of the tunes people have posted. I'm much more interested in knowing what people listen to regardless of whether I like it or not. Discovering new music is surely the ultimate goal.

36Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuts Music Comp - Day 4 Mon Jul 18 2016, 17:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't wait for Scott to surprise us by posting Stravinsky's Rite of Spring. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum