Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bring Back Boggers

+10
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
whatsgoingon
Sluffy
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
boltonbonce
Bread2.0
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

31Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 19:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Seriously for a sec, what did (the) Boggersbelief (character) actually contribute?

Spurious transfer rumours which never came to fruition and snide back-up for the other idiot when he tried stirring up shit.

And then there was the whole "not being man enough to pay up a charity bet" thing.

If that's what people want, fair enough but I honestly can't see how he's being missed.

Apart from by Whittam, who's clearly got an agenda here.

What am I missing?

There's no agenda. I just want more people posting.

32Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 19:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:Seriously for a sec, what did (the) Boggersbelief (character) actually contribute?

Spurious transfer rumours which never came to fruition and snide back-up for the other idiot when he tried stirring up shit.

And then there was the whole "not being man enough to pay up a charity bet" thing.

If that's what people want, fair enough but I honestly can't see how he's being missed.

Apart from by Whittam, who's clearly got an agenda here.

What am I missing?

There's no agenda. I just want more people posting.
You've not read this post correctly.

33Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 19:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Sorry Boncey, I did mention that Radio Nuts is live in the match thread. Smile
I had no audio for some reason.  Shocked

34Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 19:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:Sorry Boncey, I did mention that Radio Nuts is live in the match thread. Smile
Problem with your speakers? Very Happy

35Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 19:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
You've not read this post correctly.

I have. He said I had an agenda. I said I didn't.

36Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 19:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
They weren't turned on. Embarassed

37Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 19:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
They weren't turned on. Embarassed
I had flashbacks to our famous Mo for a minute then. Very Happy

38Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 19:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
I had flashbacks to our famous Mo for a minute then. Very Happy

I'm not interested in your sexy dreams, just re-instate Boggers.

39Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 19:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need a vote, a kind of Bogxit but in reverse. If we have a vote and he wins then fair enough

40Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 20:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

My view is different.

As far as I'm concerned it is all or non.

I can't see how it can be possibly deemed fair to ban posters simply to please other posters?

It takes two to tango.

I can't see how you can leave one person banned for good and allow another back for doing the same things at the same time - how can that be deemed fair and reasonable?

It can't.

Yes I know Scott had previous but the others involved were not whiter than white either.

All the people involved now know clearly that we no longer want the shit they gave us and will now act to stop it.

On that basis (and having previous discussion about my views behind the scenes) I believe the right thing to do is to lift the bans of both Boggers and Scott.

Future posts from and between Boggers, Scott and Bread will need to be civil in content otherwise all this shit starts again and quite frankly we've had enough of it.

On that basis I will lift the bans but if people still can't learn the lesson, then they will be gone for good just like the AD account.

41Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 20:15

Errrr

Lard lad

42Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 20:22

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm not arguing that Boggers and Scott deserved their ban, and the loss of Scott will not hurt this site one bit.

But Boggers contributed in his own way. Yes, he was a bellend but most of us are guilty of that and have had our stupid moments.

When Boggers and Scott were banned there were several posters congratulating the mods for their actions, saying the site would be better off without them. So where are all the interesting or funny posts from these people now that the site is Boggers/Scott free? Who has stepped up now that Boggers can't take the piss?

I'll tell you, no one. I've just been away for a few days and each night I would check the site for something worth reading. Take away the news posts by KP or Sluffy and there was absolutely bugger all. I thought I was on the Mavies forum.

I may be wrong but I'd be surprised if the last fortnight hasn't been the quietest period in the history of Bolton Nuts. And it's only going to get worse.

Perhaps people need to accept that any forum needs an edge. A character or two who can set the site off with a couple of posts. Yes, they may overstep the mark from time to time but, as far as I am concerned, any forum is at its best when people are arguing over nothing.

Folk on here seem to like being shocked or outraged by certain posts or posters, but I'll bet you they really love reading the shite that gets posted on here. I know I do.

So I'm asking the mods to reinstate Boggers. Before more people drift away because no one is posting.

Many thanks.

Natasha Whittam (24,000+ posts)
You really have lost your edge

This is embarrassing 

Enjoy your retirement

43Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 20:27

Sluffy wrote:My view is different.

I can't see how it can be possibly deemed fair to ban posters simply to please other posters?

It takes two to tango.

I can't see how you can leave one person banned for good and allow another back for doing the same things at the same time - how can that be deemed fair and reasonable?

It can't.

Yes I know Scott had previous but the others involved were not whiter than white either.

All the people involved now know clearly that we no longer want the shit they gave us and will now act to stop it.

On that basis (and having previous discussion about my views behind the scenes) I believe the right thing to do is to lift the bans of both Boggers and Scott.

Future posts from and between Boggers, Scott and Bread will need to be civil in content otherwise all this shit starts again and quite frankly we've had enough of it.

On that basis I will lift the bans but if people still can't learn the lesson, then they will be gone for good just like the AD account.

Its not just a select few.  Dont get me wrong, when boggers wasnt bogscott i actually found him alright.  I liked him.

But you cant ignore the majority.

Otherwise this place will be worse than it is at the moment.

44Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 20:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:Errrr

Lard lad

Yes we know but he isn't posting abuse.

If he did he's banned again.

We can't stop people registering, they simply create a new email address and post via a proxy - but it takes them time to do so.

We on the other just need one click of the button to ban them.

Our job here as I see it is not to stop people from posting, quite the reverse actually, we WANT to see people posting and enjoying themselves and entertaining others.

The problem is that a very few people have to take things too far, or take the internet so seriously that they have their own personal vendettas that take over the forum at a cost to everybody else.

At the end of the day we are all grown men and women.

We aren't here to tell you what to do but we are here to try and stop people fucking the site up for the rest of us.

I think people have got the message now.

AD didn't learn, that's why he's no longer with us apart from the sad and pathetic attempts to keep posting on here every now and again.

45Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 20:30

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

So obviously then, the logical thing to do is ignore all the evidence about how it all went disastrously wrong the last time you let Scott back and all the comments from regular contributors, applauding the recent bans?

Hmmm.....yes, makes perfect sense.

Not just all about keeping the numbers up though, is it?

46Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 20:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

This is embarrassing 

Enjoy your retirement

I'm not sure asking the mods to re-instate a poster is the place to be edgy.

47Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 20:32

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

This is embarrassing 

Enjoy your retirement

I'm not sure asking the mods to re-instate a poster is the place to be edgy.

Yeah.

Good 'un

48Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 20:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:
Sluffy wrote:My view is different.

It takes two to tango.

It can't.

Its not just a select few.  Dont get me wrong, when boggers wasnt bogscott i actually found him alright.  I liked him.

But you cant ignore the majority.

Otherwise this place will be worse than it is at the moment.

I'm not sure what you are saying here Johnny?

If the same shit starts again then whoever is posting it will be gone - for good - or as good as we can make it - see my AD remarks above.

If they stay the right side of the lines from now on then why should the forum become worse than it is now?

49Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 20:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Yeah.

Good 'un

Why are you pulling a strop, BoggScott didn't commit bullery against you.

50Bring Back Boggers - Page 3 Empty Re: Bring Back Boggers Tue Aug 30 2016, 20:34

Because quite honestly, a u-turn on the scott ban will just cause you more aggro sluffy.  Honestly, not arsed either way, its not my forum, but it seems as though we are going the way of BA at the moment.

Have a pop in there, he is still spouting his bile.  Even upto yesterday.  Albeit he is at least getting better of not being too direct

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum