Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gourmet Burger

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gourmet Burger Empty Gourmet Burger Mon Sep 05 2016, 23:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I know I'm old and set in my ways but £15 for burger, chips and a shake per head at one of these trendy burger places is a joke!

The food was ok (the service poor but it didn't spoil the evening) and there were plenty of twentysomethings around but value for money this was not.

Even the daughter who goes to places like this with her friends, was a bit indifferent of going back there again.

Maybe I'm getting / got to the grumpy old man stage in life but I couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

I'm not really a big burger eater but I'd rather eat the crap at MacDonald's than pay way over the odds again, just to be trendy, happening and with it - or whatever the cool speak is these days.

We only ended up there after finding out that the Tapas place we liked had closed down and replaced by one of theses Italian chain restaurants.

It was a good night in the end but cost me a small fortune.

Anybody else been to a trendy eatery recently?

2Gourmet Burger Empty Re: Gourmet Burger Tue Sep 06 2016, 00:41

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes 58 had his pants well and truly taken down at Nandos, £71 for chicken and chips. Was it gourmet burger kitchen in the vaults you went to

3Gourmet Burger Empty Re: Gourmet Burger Tue Sep 06 2016, 01:54

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Went to an underwater restaurant in the Maldives, absolutely amazing surroundings but for 2 of us didn't get much change out of a grand. Didn't look at my credit card statement for about 2 years after so don't know exactly how much it cost. Once in a lifetime dining experience.

Go to Bem Brazil in Manchester at least once a month. All you can eat buffet for about £25 per person which is a lot of meat you need to eat.

4Gourmet Burger Empty Re: Gourmet Burger Tue Sep 06 2016, 08:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I know I'm old and set in my ways but £15 for burger, chips and a shake per head at one of these trendy burger places is a joke!
The problem I have with burger bars is that if the meat used in the burger is genuinely of the top quality they often say it is to justify the inflated price - say fillet or sirloin - why make it into a burger?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum