Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Best Bolton Game You've Ever Seen

+6
bwfc71
Numpty 28723
Lyric Todkill
Bernard Dennis Park
chris_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Best Bolton Game You've Ever Seen Empty The Best Bolton Game You've Ever Seen Sun Jul 15 2012, 16:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ok, it's been done a million times but it's Sunday afternoon and I'm bored, I want a positive thread for a change.

So what's the BEST game you ever saw involving Bolton. Not your favourite game but the best game.

I remember seeing us lose 4-3 at home to someone, Cambridge sticks in my mind, when I was just a kid. But I do remember literally being on the edge of my seat as the game flowed from one end to the other.

The best game I ever saw was Bolton beating Spurs 6-1 in the League Cup in 1996 (I think), they were a division above us at the time and it was before the days of the big boys picking second string teams in this competition. Honestly, the football that night by Bolton was breathtaking.

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

The best game I have seen has to be the 2-1 win against Locomotiv Plovdiv. The spirit and determination shown by those lads on that night was brilliant!

chris_bwfc wrote:The best game I have seen has to be the 2-1 win against Locomotiv Plovdiv. The spirit and determination shown by those lads on that night was brilliant!

That's a good shout actually, didn't Borgetti grab a last minute winner?

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Owen Owen Owen wrote:
chris_bwfc wrote:The best game I have seen has to be the 2-1 win against Locomotiv Plovdiv. The spirit and determination shown by those lads on that night was brilliant!

That's a good shout actually, didn't Borgetti grab a last minute winner?

Yeah and the diouf diving header after a long ball from nicky hunt drew us level before that!

A 4-3 win at Ewood a few years back after being 3-1 down, with some fantastic Bolton goals. I think Nolan may have got the winner.

not been watching bolton too long, but the fa cup quarter-final at birmingham always brings back happy memories.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hull City away 1993. That Friday night game. 1-0 down and down to ten men we came back and won the game 2-1 with John McGinlay getting the winner. The fans were on the pitch. Just like the world cup.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Hull City away 1993. That Friday night game. 1-0 down and down to ten men we came back and won the game 2-1 with John McGinlay getting the winner. The fans were on the pitch. Just like the world cup.

My one and only pitch invasion. Got a smack in the mouth for my trouble.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was on the pitch 3 times that night. I'd be banned for life if I tried that these days.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I was on the pitch 3 times that night. I'd be banned for life if I tried that these days.

It was always of great disappointment that I didn't get on the Roadrunner Video coverage of the pitch invasions.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think the 2-1 win at Liverpool

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm on it if you look closely. I'm also on several other roadrunner videos celebrating goals. The best one is Grimsby away one year when Nathan Blake ran half the pitch and smashed it into the top corner. Then comes over to celebrate with me. Scott Green then jumps on Blake and nearly knocks my teeth out. Brilliant.

Edit - thinking about I don't think the Grimsby one was a roadrunner video. I think the people who took over from Dave Higson and crew were doing it then.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I'm on it if you look closely. I'm also on several other roadrunner videos celebrating goals. The best one is Grimsby away one year when Nathan Blake ran half the pitch and smashed it into the top corner. Then comes over to celebrate with me. Scott Green then jumps on Blake and nearly knocks my teeth out. Brilliant.

Edit - thinking about I don't think the Grimsby one was a roadrunner video. I think the people who took over from Dave Higson and crew were doing it then.

Ha ha, love that Blake goal at Grimsby. I bet I've got you on tape as I have all the videos from the 90's. I must get them put on DVD as I don't own a VCR anymore.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:not been watching bolton too long, but the fa cup quarter-final at birmingham always brings back happy memories.

That's one of my favorites, too - fantastic atmosphere that day.

Also the semi-final against Villa when we were 3 up after about 16 minutes and Jay Jay scored one of the best free kicks ever.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have 2 games which are definitely on par with each other....

First is when Bolton beat Preston to get promotion to new Division 1 whilst Preston were relegated to new Division

Second is the 2-2 draw against Bayern Munich, and we scored within the first 5 minutes.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Have not got one really but its any game that they beat the scum or arseholenal.

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

2nd Leg of the League Cup v Swindon Town. Lost 2-1 in the first leg & went one nil down at BP..

Bruce Rioch made a double sub (I think), brought Mixu and Sneekes on & we won 4-3 on agg... Amazing game.

We'd previously played Swindon some years before in the same competition & it went to 3 replays I think before we lost. Injuries stacked up so much we had Mark Came upfront!

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's hard this one, going to put two games.

A league Cup replay v Liverpool at Burnden 60's when the scoucers were one of our top teams... we won 3-2.

The Sunderland game at Burnden 70's when Big Sam scored for both sides, fantastic atmosphere, we won 2-1.

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I have to say that for me, it's Wembley. Play off final. Reading. Two nil down. Branagan saves from the spot and the rest is history. Nuff said!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum