Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shopping News

+6
sunlight
whatsgoingon
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Norpig
xmiles
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 15:12

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I believe its more a case of two bullies thinking they have the more muscle. Neither can win, so a bit of harrumphing from each, and then they'll compromise, and the customer will still lose, but only to the tune of 5% or so, which in itself is some hike.

22Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 15:13

Sounds about right Glos. 

We're all poorer from this referendum it seems.

23Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 15:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:We're all poorer from this referendum it seems.

I'm tiring of you and wanderlust going on and on and on about how leaving the UK is going to kill us all.

I'm not worse off at all, and neither is anyone else. Petrol and food go up and down all the time, regardless of whether we're in the EU or not.

24Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 15:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They need each other. Just as Unilever need their suppliers, Tesco need theirs - especially when it comes to named brands because there is no substitute as far as some customers are concerned - so they'll all have to sort something out as co-operation is in their mutual interest.
I reckon there will be a fair bit of shuffling and uneasiness of this nature as the new economics are established, but we've been there before when we came out of the age of the 3 day week and national strikes due to hyperinflation so it's not new and it will all settle down in the end.

25Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 15:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Wander ! I'm taking that as one of your positive views !!!  Very Happy

26Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 16:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

bwfc1874 wrote:Sounds about right Glos. 

We're all poorer from this referendum it seems.
74, To my mind, its yet another way to increase profits. There have been schemes jumped on in the past, such as decimalisation, poor harvests, political upheaval, lots of them.
Using Brexit is just another one. Even though we all know there will be changes , some of which we can't imagine, Brexit will be blamed for just about every problem under the sun. Some will be valid, but many not.
Nobody seems concerned with the money men gambling with/on our monetary system. It seems were all happy being seen off by rich companies, and trust funds, with pensions etc decimated, but we shout when we have to pay a bit more for petrol or bread.

27Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 16:56

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:We're all poorer from this referendum it seems.

I'm tiring of you and wanderlust going on and on and on about how leaving the UK is going to kill us all.

I'm not worse off at all, and neither is anyone else. Petrol and food go up and down all the time, regardless of whether we're in the EU or not.

Where have I posted that leaving the EU is going o kill us all? Or anything to that effect?

I purposefully avoid the numerous negative articles out there because it's too speculative either way at this point.

But right now we are all poorer as a result of the referendum, the value of the £ has plummeted. That's a fact, denying that won't do any good.

28Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 17:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Where have I posted that leaving the EU is going o kill us all? Or anything to that effect?

I purposefully avoid the numerous negative articles out there because it's too speculative either way at this point.

But right now we are all poorer as a result of the referendum, the value of the £ has plummeted. That's a fact, denying that won't do any good.

I'm not worse off.

£1 still buys you a Super Toastie, a 2L bottle of Pepsi and a multipack of Twirls. Just as it did 6 months ago.

29Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 17:54

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I'm not worse off.

£1 still buys you a Super Toastie, a 2L bottle of Pepsi and a multipack of Twirls. Just as it did 6 months ago.
All that for a quid.   Bargain

30Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 17:59

31Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 18:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't start with the bullery, I'm sure Mrs Johnny has a fine selection of sex aids. I'm sure she can't rely on you to satisfy her.

32Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 18:48

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I'm not worse off.

Yes but if you try and buy that same deal in Europe you'll pay 25% more than you would have in June.

So you are poorer, I look forward to seeing the Whittam PLC helicopter listed on Gumtree tomorrow.

33Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 18:56

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Don't start with the bullery, I'm sure Mrs Johnny has a fine selection of sex aids. I'm sure she can't rely on you to satisfy her.
Very Happy

There is enough of me

34Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 19:02

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's over-they've kissed and made up and Tesco are now selling Marmite again on line. For both there was too much to lose to fall out for very long.

35Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 19:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now the UK's biggest clothing retailer, Next, have declared that clothing prices are going to rise. I'm glad I don't have to worry because I buy my clothes from Primark.

36Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 20:17

I get all the kids stuff from next and whilst it is very good quality it is fooking expensive.

If it gets anymore expensive it'll be cheaper to buy designer stuff

37Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Thu Oct 13 2016, 20:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Yes but if you try and buy that same deal in Europe you'll pay 25% more than you would have in June.

Why on Earth would I go to Europe to buy bread, Pepsi and twirls when they are readily available at the Spar near my penthouse? What a stupid argument.

38Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Fri Oct 14 2016, 09:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Actually, 84, you make a good point. Not because of the downturn of the pound, but because of what you get for your money in Europe.
I go over there regularly, and holiday in Euro areas, etc, and have to say that I seem to get through a hell of a lot more Euros than I would pounds for stuff I get, compared to the UK, especially food and drink. Clothing can be sky-high too. I know there's a difference in rates, but when I convert a purchase back to pounds, it can be quite a surprise. 
The cost of living in Europe is higher than the UK, and always has been. We can absorb some of the smaller rises quite easily, and if I remember, it wasn't too many years ago when the pound and euro were almost 1:1. Currently its £1 : E1.10. (I don't have a euro sign handy  Very Happy )
A typical example of the greed of money men is the ridiculous 88 cents for £1 offered at airports.

39Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Fri Oct 14 2016, 09:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It dropped to 1.2 at the beginning of the week. I bought £200 worth of Euros in Asda last week and I got 1.10. I guess you just have to shop around.

40Shopping News - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping News Fri Oct 14 2016, 10:05

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I still have nearly 400 Euros on my cash card, from my holiday, so that has gained me about £24. Sounds good, but it was about the same as the loss I made when I waited to convert pounds to Euros before I went. Swings and roundabouts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum