Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When Did You Stop Going Out?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1When Did You Stop Going Out? Empty When Did You Stop Going Out? Sat Jul 21 2012, 19:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm now 32. Quite old. Too old to be going out every weekend like I did when I was a teenager.

At what age did you stop going out every weekend? Was there a particularly reason you stopped?

I'd been going out virtually every weekend from the age of 14, when I was about 28 I think it caught up with me as I was falling asleep by about 10pm!

Perhaps you're 30+ and still dancing every weekend?

2When Did You Stop Going Out? Empty Re: When Did You Stop Going Out? Sat Jul 21 2012, 19:20

i'm almost 24 and still go out most weekends, although it's usually just friday night, i can't do fri & sat anymore!

3When Did You Stop Going Out? Empty Re: When Did You Stop Going Out? Sat Jul 21 2012, 19:33

I stopped going out regularly a couple of years ago. Call me an old softy but I don't find Bolton (or any other town for that matter) particularly safe these days. Too many dickheads out for a fight.

4When Did You Stop Going Out? Empty Re: When Did You Stop Going Out? Sat Jul 21 2012, 19:42

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Since end of last season don't really go out on a saturday nowadays - my business keeps me busy then in evenings, snuggle up with girlfriend either watching DVDs or something on the TV. Still go out on a Friday, though, to meet up with friends but do tend to catch an earlier train back home. Don't see it as getting old, just a case of differing priorities.

5When Did You Stop Going Out? Empty Re: When Did You Stop Going Out? Sat Jul 21 2012, 19:50

bwfc71 wrote:Since end of last season don't really go out on a saturday nowadays - my business keeps me busy then in evenings, snuggle up with girlfriend either watching DVDs or something on the TV. Still go out on a Friday, though, to meet up with friends but do tend to catch an earlier train back home. Don't see it as getting old, just a case of differing priorities.

Is there any aspect of your life you won't post on here?

6When Did You Stop Going Out? Empty Re: When Did You Stop Going Out? Sat Jul 21 2012, 19:52

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

yep, quite a few areas of my life not and never will be mentioned on here, to be fair!

7When Did You Stop Going Out? Empty Re: When Did You Stop Going Out? Sat Jul 21 2012, 19:55

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Mid 20s for me Nat. I would have liked to have kept going out for a few more years but the friends I hanged out with were all in relationships by their mid 20s and were no longer interested in going out like that. Do you prefer a night out now where you'd go to a nice restaurant and chat over a couple of drinks rather than out on the lash getting absolutely shit faced?
I don't miss nightclubs at all but I do miss a good social life. I do miss meeting friends in the pub on an early evening and stay out for a few years but people's priorities change once they get married and have kids.

8When Did You Stop Going Out? Empty Re: When Did You Stop Going Out? Sat Jul 21 2012, 19:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote: Do you prefer a night out now where you'd go to a nice restaurant and chat over a couple of drinks rather than out on the lash getting absolutely shit faced?
I don't miss nightclubs at all but I do miss a good social life. I do miss meeting friends in the pub on an early evening and stay out for a few years but people's priorities change once they get married and have kids.

If only I lived in Durham, Michael! Yes, my perfect evening is a couple of drinks, a meal, another couple of drinks and back home to watch a film. It doesn't happen enough.

You're right, most 30-somethings are married with kids, it's easy to lose touch with them.

9When Did You Stop Going Out? Empty Re: When Did You Stop Going Out? Sat Jul 21 2012, 20:07

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

That does sound the perfect evening, I'd love to be doing that now. There are so many lovely restaurants I wish I could try each friday or saturday evening but have no one to go with Sad

Has anyone got a violin?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum