Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton prepare £4m bid for Dos Santos - NIXON EXCLUSIVE

+5
doffcocker
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton boss boss Owen Coyle is ready to swoop for Tottenham’s Giovani Dos Santos in a £4million deal.

Coyle has opened talks for the Mexican – who will be allowed to leave by Spurs chief Harry Redknapp – and Wanderers want to talk the young attacker into staying in England.

Coyle has been after Dos Santos for years and tried to take him to Burnley when he was in charge there.

Spanish giants Sevilla have also made an offer for Dos Santos, 22, but their bid of £3.4m has fallen short of the asking price.

Bolton have cash from selling Gary Cahill to Chelsea and the ­imminent replacement signing of American Tim Ream still leaves them with more than £4m.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He hasn't played all that much for Spurs so he will probably be a bit rusty.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Spurs fans who I have spoke to this morning say he is very good at going forward but terrible at tracking back, has all the potential in the world but never seems to do anything in training either.

Sounds like a combo of Vaz te and Petrov......

Hopefully he can come here and live up to his potential.

------

OC is playing down the link with Gio on sky sports: -

However, while describing the former Barcelona youngster as a 'top player', Coyle cooled reports that he is already in discussions regarding a possible deal.

He added: "We haven't been speaking to the lad.

"There are fantastic young players out there in the Premier League and he is certainly one of them, but it is just speculation.

"There is no doubt that he is a top player, but there are many top players out there."

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I have a lot of time for Gio Dos Santos. He is a very good attacker who is really confortable with the ball at his feet. A player like that will lessen the pressure on the defence, I think. Sign him up, Coyle!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This would be a typical Coyle signing.

Megson signed players based on how well they were able to stand their ground and scrap and defend, without consideration of their actual footballing abilities, or lack of them. With Coyle it's the opposite. He brings in players with plenty of technique, but with little consideration of how they can cope with the physical asks of the league.

doffcocker wrote:This would be a typical Coyle signing.

Megson signed players based on how well they were able to stand their ground and scrap and defend, without consideration of their actual footballing abilities, or lack of them. With Coyle it's the opposite. He brings in players with plenty of technique, but with little consideration of how they can cope with the physical asks of the league.

Good point.

I've seen GDS play for them in Europe/Carling Cup a few times this season and he was wank, gave the ball away a LOT, ran into players/dead ends, and worst of all his head went down after making a mistake, I don't think he has the fight or belief in himself to make it in the Prem.
Yes he had potential, but if he hasn't realised that at Spurs he's not going to with us.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bolton have been told to stump up £8million for Gio Dos if they are to secure his services:

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see us stumping up £8 million. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Bolton have been told to stump up £8million for Gio Dos if they are to secure his services:

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2088067/Bolton-told-pay-8m-Giovani-dos-Santos.html

Throw in a couple of makewieghts and it might be possible, but £8 mill for GDS is a piss take.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Bolton sign Dos Santos that will be the end for me. If Coyle honestly thinks a lightweight like DS is going to keep us up he is more stupid than I thought.

He'd be better buying two midfield bruisers to play alongside Mark Davies.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A Danny Murphy typle player who can just ping the ball out to our wingers and not freeze like ice when ever the ball comes near him is the type of player who we could do with.

What's campo up to these days?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

That's another one that got away, not that we had a real chance of signing of him anyway.

Dos Santos is back off to Spain.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another Nixon exclusive that was dead in the water the minute it was put into print.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Too true, he isn't exactly mr.reliable when it comes to our transfers.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He must be fed up to the back teeth of Coyle making him look a right cnut in the press.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm sure Big Phil has the appropriate faxes in his pocket, so I'm not worried.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not actually that bothered.

I'd rather we invested this money in a ball playing mid, young, with a future. Someone with the upside of Mark Davies.

BWFCinPhila

BWFCinPhila
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Dos Santos would have been a terrible fit for this organization. And completely overpriced to boot.

If we're looking for a striker, I think Portuguese International Helder Postiga on the soon-to-be-relegated Real Zaragoza, could be worthy of a stroll. Getting paid a million Euroners per annum.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheer up at least the sixers are playing well.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFCinPhila wrote:

If we're looking for a striker, I think Portuguese International Helder Postiga on the soon-to-be-relegated Real Zaragoza, could be worthy of a stroll. Getting paid a million Euroners per annum.

Postiga came to Spurs a few years ago but it didn't work out and he only lasted one season. He was only young at the time and I don't think he adjusted to the English way of life.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum