Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

so... who have we drew in the carlin... sorry Capital One Cup?

+5
Lofty_Love
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

can anyone post the full draw please?

I want Wigan!

failing that, PNE away would be a good day out. Shocked

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

crawley away.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

fucking amazing!

ive seriously got a semi-on thinking about our under 5's going to some quagmire of a pitch in London on a Tues night... Rolling Eyes

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well at least you can't blame Gartside for this one?

Or can you?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

no...

anyone else jizzing with excitement?

seriously, its like the WORST team we could have drawn...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:ive seriously got a semi-on thinking about our under 5's

Poor choice of words Shocked

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:no...

anyone else jizzing with excitement?

seriously, its like the WORST team we could have drawn...

I would go the other way and say it's the best, considering i want to win the game.

I couldn't care less about drawing a "big" team or a "local rival"

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should be a nice easy win Very Happy

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Should be a nice easy win Very Happy

remember Northampton Mad town...

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:ive seriously got a semi-on thinking about our under 5's

Poor choice of words Shocked

il let you have that one... Embarassed

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Crawley are not a terrible team. And they are notorious for knocking out bigger teams in cup runs.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Lofty_Love wrote:Crawley are not a terrible team. And they are notorious for knocking out bigger teams in cup runs.

And they are not in London.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It is fortunate that after getting off to a storming start in League 2 last season, they sold a few of their better players and faltered somewhat towards the end (comparatively speaking) and I was pleasantly surprised for them that they qualified for League 1 without playoffs. I follow their results because they have a Reggae Boy, Claude Davis, on their books. In their last game, they also fielded an unknown defender by the name of Mark Connolly who Owen Coyle "didn't see playing for Bolton". Someone is going to have a point to prove in that game!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Well spotted Keegan. I certainly don't think Crawley is an easy game. It will be interesting to see what team Coyle selects.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Yeah... you will remember that we paid ₤1 million for Connolly, from Wolves.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

sorry...

ive 'pulled a Natasha' ... sort of anyway.

having a quiet day so ive posted some stuff on a Crawley town forum...most of them seem pretty friendly if im honest...

im feeling like a trip down there now, I have a couple of days owed from work and a couple of mates seem up for it...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

oops...

the link wont work unless you register with the site im afraid...

worth it if you can be arsed, its a pretty busy forum and seems pretty friendly.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not registering on no Crawley forum, Rebel, get copying and pasting lad.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

ok... you asked for it.

If bolton nuts servers explode... its YOUR fault... bounce

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Rebel wrote:hi all, as you know, we have drawn you in the carlin... sorry, Capital One Cup. I'm just interested to know your thoughts on the upcoming game.

are you happy with the draw?

would you have preferred an away day instead (maybe even at the Reebok)

what's the ground like?

what are the fans like?

any good away fans 'refreshment vendors'? (pubs)

what do you expect the result to be.

I wont bother telling you much about Bolton as I assume you will already know, but we have managed to keep most of our squad intact, the players id say watch out for are going to be Stuart Holden (US international, just coming out of long term injury though) Lee Chung Yong (south Korea wizzkid - amazing player) Benik Afobe (striker on loan from Arsenal - bagged a 2nd half hat-trick against Tranmere in pre-season, looks faster than a cheetah) and obviously - Kevin Davies, our resident battering ram... not sure if any of the above will play though, it may be our 'reserves' who come down as the main priority this season is getting back to the premier league... a task the bookies have us down as favourites for.

im hoping to get down for the game with a few mates as its a ground ive never visited before and I like small 'traditional' style grounds with terracing... god I miss terracing!

thanks...

Red Square wrote:Very pleased its at home, nice to entertain a big club and your fans get to enjoy terracing again! Bar at the ground which welcomes all and half moon pub just up road which is also great and welcoming both do food btw and inside ground usual burgers, hopefully the away bar will be finished do u can have a pint at half time! Hoping that tickets well priced to ensure a good turn out and your ex player mark Connelly is very much up for it. Really looking forward to it and be great to have you guys at the broadfield! Hope Stuart Holden does play as I do like him, great player just sadly hit with bad injuries! I'd be confident of a good performance from us and think we could Definately win on the day! Depends on as you said what team Bolton bring but it should be a great game all the same!

Oakie wrote:Looking forward to Davies v Davis, Kevin v Claude, should be fun! Will have fiver on Sir Claude by knockout rather than submission Wink

notso wrote:It's getting to be a habit for us to beat Championship sides so I'm relishing the battle. As for
Reebok Rebel wrote:I wont bother telling you much about Bolton as I assume you will already know...
not really but your post has enlightened me.

Only two years ago we were non-league and had been for 116 years, so we have a lot of catching up to do. Excuse the ground, it's going to take a few years before we get to Reebok standards but it will happen - eventually.

Anyway, you're welcome to our humble abode and I'm sure that as per usual, your supporters will be welcome into our club bar Redz (decent beer, decent prices) - subject tp the police as usual.

Peter - Moderator wrote:
Reebok Rebel wrote:I wont bother telling you much about Bolton as I assume you will already know...
That's a bit presumptuous. Why would we know much about Bolton? Have we had to play you before? Are we all closet Bolton fans? The comment comes across as a bit of "big boys" mentality.

You may be favourites to win the Championship but let's remember you are in the Champioonship for a reason. And our record against Championship clubs in cup competitions is pretty good......as I assume you will already know.

Thad wrote:Mr Rebel, dunno if the following observation is entirely true, but it reflects outside perceptions:

Three teams got relegated from the Premier League last season:

Wolves got rid of their Manager - which pleased their fans..

Blackburn retained their manager - which upset their fans...

Bolton retained their manager - and their fans seem quite happy about it...!

Could you please provide your first-hand comment on the matter...?

Reebok_Rebel wrote:oh yes... forgot about our ex lad mark Connelly, how is he doing?

we wasted a million quid on him... although wasting a million quid on him is not as bad as the 13.5 million we wasted on Johan elmander...

Reebok_Rebel wrote:oh yes... forgot about our ex lad mark Connelly, how is he doing?

we wasted a million quid on him... although wasting a million quid on him is not as bad as the 13.5 million we wasted on Johan elmander...

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
notso wrote:It's getting to be a habit for us to beat Championship sides so I'm relishing the battle. As for
, not really but your post has enlightened me.

Only two years ago we were non-league and had been for 116 years, so we have a lot of catching up to do. Excuse the ground, it's going to take a few years before we get to Reebok standards but it will happen - eventually.

Anyway, you're welcome to our humble abode and I'm sure that as per usual, your supporters will be welcome into our club bar Redz (decent beer, decent prices) - subject tp the police as usual.
sorry, I wasn't being presumptuous, Just that as as team that played in the premier league for 13 years and the prem being the most watched league in the world... I just assumed that you would have been a bit more 'exposed' to us and other premier league teams through watching MOTD and Sky Sports etc.

If your that interested about us... Wikipedia is pretty informative and the football ground guide is pretty good too...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Red Square wrote:

Totally worth a million!! Guy is class!! You'll see when u play us just what u could have had if he was given the chance! Great great signing for us!

fnb wrote:Welcome to the forum. My son who is a Crawley fan lives in Bolton and works close to the Reebok. He and some of his Bolton supporting friends are coming down for the game. Should be a close encounter I think. As as stated above we have only lost once against a Championship club in a compedative game which was against Pal@rce.

Scalps so far include Derby, Hull, Bristol City and Milwall, have I forgot another??

Enjoy your visit and join in the banter.

steve leake wrote:
Peter - Moderator wrote:
That's a bit presumptuous. Why would we know much about Bolton? Have we had to play you before? Are we all closet Bolton fans? The comment comes across as a bit of "big boys" mentality.

You may be favourites to win the Championship but let's remember you are in the Champioonship for a reason. And our record against Championship clubs in cup competitions is pretty good......as I assume you will already know.
Bit touchy Peter, they have been on the tele quite alot.

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Thad wrote:Mr Rebel, dunno if the following observation is entirely true, but it reflects outside perceptions:

Three teams got relegated from the Premier League last season:

Wolves got rid of their Manager - which pleased their fans..

Blackburn retained their manager - which upset their fans...

Bolton retained their manager - and their fans seem quite happy about it...!

Could you please provide your first-hand comment on the matter...?

well...

Blackburn - they sacked a cracking manager who would (I believe) really took them places as he did with us - and then brought in that numpty Steve kean. then the venkys proceeded to wipe out some of the best players and subsequently got relegated... bad management really, it seemed like the venkeys WANTED to get relegated. so the bad feeling at the appointment of a crap manager for a proven good one, combined with player sales and relegation obviously made the fans angry.

Wolves - Well, they were on a slippy slope anyway, angry fans always want someone to 'blame' - the club wanted to look like they were doing something... so the manager was easiest to blame.

Bolton - Owen Coyle, well were do i start. I've met him and he really is a genuinely nice bloke. hes also an ex-player and holds Bolton close to his heart. before that we had Gary megson who I (and most other fans) hate with a passion. Owen coyle came in and we had a bit of a 'renaissance' - we looked like another European tour was all on the
cards... then the season after, it fell apart - Lee and Holden got injuries that ruled them out for a season, effectively destroying our midfield - this had an effect on the overall performance. Owen coyle is not bullet proof and if results dont come quickly and convincingly enough - the fans will let him know, as we did with megson. but i think the fans are willing to give him one last chance due to the injuries we had last season and certain circumstances beyond his control - fabrice muambas heart attack at Tottenham wouldn't have helped either.

I think the fans just know he genuinely cares about the club really - and lets be honest, who would come to us at the time if we had got rid - we were in free-fall.

Red, Red & Red wrote:Whoare bolton

'care free' wrote:Resident [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

fnb wrote:You are such a TOOL, do you show any respect in your sad little life. Learn some humilty.

Also you should have typed "Who are Bolton". Kn0b

Appoligies to Bolton fans for this troll.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum