Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Give me one reason why Parkinson should keep his job.

+14
karlypants
Sluffy
observer
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
wanderlust
Norpig
doffcocker
Hip Priest
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
MartinBWFC
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It might not work, but put Parkinson on gardening leave, let Lee and Kelly take over, like I say it may not work but it will be a damn site better than keeping Parkinson, let's be honest with ourselves Parkinson's inability reflects on the players as it's mainly them getting all the stick, when in reality it's Parkinson's tactics that are holding us back, can't do any worse without him surely.

Can't do any worse? Where do you think we are in the table?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

T.R.O.Y wrote:Can't do any worse? Where do you think we are in the table?
You're getting quite boring now.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Last night he started with one striker up front in a game we really had to win. It's going into games with an attitude of not to lose rather that going for the win. PP is not the only one doing that. Lots of clubs try it. A team will get some points via this route but overall in a season you will find those clubs near the bottom of the table.
Overall it's just negative football.....
50/50 on if we should get rid of PP.....probably too late in the season now.

MartinBWFC wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Can't do any worse? Where do you think we are in the table?
You're getting quite boring now.

Fine, but that was a stupid comment from you. We could (and IMO should) be doing worse than we are, this squad and our resources should have us bottom 3 incredible that we’re not. More like last night and we will be.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m pretty sure Parkinson has shagged martins wife.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Fine, but that was a stupid comment from you. We could (and IMO should) be doing worse than we are, this squad and our resources should have us bottom 3 incredible that we’re not. More like last night and we will be.

Last night changed my mind. Yes, we're skint but the manager has to make the most of his hand - and Parky failed miserably. Tactically inept, stupid team selection and negative to boot!

Trust me, if you'd witnessed last night you wouldn't be defending the manager today.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Fine, but that was a stupid comment from you. We could (and IMO should) be doing worse than we are, this squad and our resources should have us bottom 3 incredible that we’re not. More like last night and we will be.

Last night changed my mind. Yes, we're skint but the manager has to make the most of his hand - and Parky failed miserably. Tactically inept, stupid team selection and negative to boot!

Trust me, if you'd witnessed last night you wouldn't be defending the manager today.

He would. The manager has done a terrific job, one shite result doesnt sway my opinion

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:He would. The manager has done a terrific job, one shite result doesnt sway my opinion

And normally not mine, but last night was just ridiculous. I don't think anyone on here can justify the team selection and tactics.

But I'd love someone to try.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Look, we are still 5 clear of the relegation zone. Two more wins should see us safe

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fine, but that was a stupid comment from you. We could (and IMO should) be doing worse than we are, this squad and our resources should have us bottom 3 incredible that we’re not. More like last night and we will be.
We're clearly poles apart here, with the squad we have we should be in a lot better position than we currently are, form players are inexplicably overlooked, for example Karacan a much better option than Derik, Noone a vast improvement on Buckley, Vela has looked poor all season, Beevers is never a championship footballer, Little did very well before getting sent off, nowhere near the team now, Robinson is clearly a better option than Taylor.

Experienced managers quickly suss Parkinson's tactics and play on it, he doesn't give them anything to think about, nullify Ameobi and you stop Bolton playing, it's not rocket science, it's about mixing it up and giving the opposition problems, he cannot do that, he has one way of playing and that is his stock, you cannot send teams out to defend the nil, and expect to win, it works now and then but ultimately it will bite you on the arse, he's an extremely poor manager, and will be lucky to get a gig at this level ever again.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Look, we are still 5 clear of the relegation zone. Two more wins should see us safe
Where are the 2 wins going to come from though Boggers? Can't see us getting anything from Derby, maybe a point against Millwall. 
Our away form is that bad we can't bank on getting anything from Barnsley and Burton and that leaves us with Wolves and Forest at home.
I have a feeling it may go all the way to the Forest game.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Look, we are still 5 clear of the relegation zone. Two more wins should see us safe
Where are the 2 wins going to come from though Boggers? Can't see us getting anything from Derby, maybe a point against Millwall. 
Our away form is that bad we can't bank on getting anything from Barnsley and Burton and that leaves us with Wolves and Forest at home.
I have a feeling it may go all the way to the Forest game.
Our only hope is that Barnsley plays worse than we do.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Dear God plenty of headless chickens about!

If we had avoided the loss we would be clear favourites to stay up.

We are still in control of our destiny and have an easier run in than most.

Yet we get the knee jerkers demanding we sack Parkinson and put Lee and Kelly in charge, or play youth team strikers!  How laughable!

I’m always amazed at how many people watch football yet still don’t understand it.

You simply can’t chuck eleven players together at a professional level and expect them to be instantly successful.  Neither can you simply change the way a team plays unless you have the players who can play naturally in that way.

Teams are built from the back, we have a West Ham kid and hoofers in Beevers and Wheater, so do people honestly expect our current set of defenders to suddenly be able and competent to play and build from the back?

It’s fairly obvious that the centre backs need protection, hence the reason that we’ve had to play two defensive mids for most of the season.

So as we don’t have a natural playmaker in the middle of the pitch it really shouldn’t come as to much of a shock to expect our attack to come from crosses from the wing and/or hoofs from the defence, and that’s why we have so many wingers in the squad.

Since we signed Henry as our first proper defensive mid and until we sold Madine the set up worked really, really well.

Madine like him or not was the lynchpin to our squad and clearly we’ve obviously struggled without him.

Ameobi sort of plugged the gap for a while and for the lesser teams we still have to face such as Burton and Barnsley may well do again but we just have to jig things around for the other games. The Villa game showed the team spirit was high and the team was playing for Parkinson and that wouldn’t change just two games later.

It’s jaw dropping that we have moonmen posting about the psychie of the team and being overconfident based on what Iles posts in the local rag, I can only think someone has been playing too much Football Manager on his computer.

Football is a team game and players have to play as a team to be successful.  Parkinson has on the whole achieved this with the players he’s been given.

If anyone really thinks Parkinson actually tells the Andersons which players to sign then they really do need to give their heads a shake.

We aren’t going down if we keep calm but demanding we sack the manager and play like Barcelona isn’t realistic or helping anyone at all really is it?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Dear God plenty of headless chickens about!

If we had avoided the loss we would be clear favourites to stay up.

We are still in control of our destiny and have an easier run in than most.

Yet we get the knee jerkers demanding we sack Parkinson and put Lee and Kelly in charge, or play youth team strikers!  How laughable!

I’m always amazed at how many people watch football yet still don’t understand it.

What a load of condescending shite.

It's easy to look at things "rationally" when you haven't been near the Reebok/Macron this century. You treat football like you treat doing your taxes or weeding the garden. Without any passion.

I don't believe anyone who attended last night left the ground shrugging their shoulders thinking:

sluffy wrote:You simply can’t chuck eleven players together at a professional level and expect them to be instantly successful.  Neither can you simply change the way a team plays unless you have the players who can play naturally in that way.

Most people, no all people, would have been slagging off the players for a spineless performance and the manager for a tactically inept 90 minutes.

Make all the excuses you want sluffy, but players not being able to control a ball and pass it 5 yards is nothing to do with how long a team has played together or how much they cost. It's fucking basics!! I bet there are pub league players there with more composure on the ball than Beevers or Derik or Twatface.

I tell you what, stop lecturing us thick bastards about the art of football and get off your arse to actually attend a game. Then come on here and post your condescending bollocks after you've just witnessed Beevers hoof the ball into the Asda car park for the tenth time.

Bellend.

Fair Nat, had I been there I’d be more pissed off - absolutely no doubt that last night wasn’t good enough by anyone’s standards. 

On Martins point that Noone or Karacan would make a difference, you’re clutching at straws. Those players haven’t done anything in the last 3 years of their careers to suggest they could make a difference in this division. It makes no sense.

Parkinson’s performance was poor last night, bad selection and tactics. But over the course of the season to have this squad of shite out of the relegation zone is, at this point, a good performance. He needs to get them in gear again fast though, if we play like we did last night we’re down.

Last edited by T.R.O.Y on Wed Apr 04 2018, 18:26; edited 1 time in total

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A bit harsh that Nat...

karlypants wrote:A bit harsh that Nat...

Climb out Karly.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:A bit harsh that Nat...

Climb out KP.

The head of the site brands the people using his site "headless chickens" and "clueless".

Grow a pair.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beat me to it. Great minds and all that....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum