Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Give me one reason why Parkinson should keep his job.

+14
karlypants
Sluffy
observer
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
wanderlust
Norpig
doffcocker
Hip Priest
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
MartinBWFC
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

::FU:: ::FU:: ::FU:: ::FU:: ::FU::

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You do realise that you have just said that I was talking rationally whilst you and others were not!

You also back up my point as to how Parkinson (or any other manager) would basically have to set up the team whilst we only have the likes of Beevers and Whater as our senior central defenders.

Of course we are all gutted that we lost and played poorly but we don’t have many quality players in our side these days and are doing well just to be out of the relegation zone which by rights in terms of money spent on the squad, we are ranked bottom of the division.

As for being a better fan than me for going to games then bully for you.  I’ve done my share over the years and seen enough to know how football works, which clearly plenty who go or who are sat in their armchair clearly haven’t got the foggiest of, or otherwise wouldn’t post up such continual stupidity such as sacking the manager at this stage in the season whilst still being outside the relegation zone with our destiny still in our own hands!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not saying I'm a better fan, I'm saying you're out of order criticising people for showing a bit of passion. And for having an opinion different to yours.

Parky got it wrong big time last night, I won't be told differently by someone who wasn't there.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

MartinBWFC wrote:
Hip Priest wrote:It's hard to criticise a manager who got us promoted automatically from league 1 on a shoestring budget when we were in crisis, but even last season I got the feeling he was out of his depth and we got promoted despite having him as manager rather than because of it. His one and only tactic seems to be hoofball (something Bradford fans also accused him of despite taking them to a cup final).

Exactly, his inability to adapt to Madines sale tells us all we need to know, he's a league 1-2 manager at best, and even if we go down I'd want him gone, I feel there are a lot better managers out there that can have us playing better, hopefully there will be investment in the Summer and we can finally start to move forward, and Parkinson will be nothing but a bad memory.

We are all angry after that shite last night, but your talking without actually taking in the facts.

Since Madine left we have won 13 points the return per game is better than when Madine played. So yes he as adapted and no one brought this up after the Villa game? The one reason that you are searching for is that at this stage the players still believe in the manager, so we will stick with PP.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:The one reason that you are searching for is that at this stage the players still believe in the manager, so we will stick with PP.

How do you know?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If we're all being really honest, we've played nearly as bad - if not as bad - as we did last night in numerous matches that we've won.

Our home form has been pretty good, yet how many matches have you actually enjoyed watching? Most of the wins have been dull 1-0 types where we've scored from the one or two chances we've created all match. It's only when we lose that everyone starts picking the bones out of everything Parky does, but when you play as negatively as we do you're basically just relying on scraps of luck.

It's really easy for fans to say we don't have to play ugly to win. Personally I think with the hand Parky's been dealt, a lot of managers would have had us out of sight by now when actually we're still in with a chance of staying up.

doffcocker wrote:Personally I think with the hand Parky's been dealt, a lot of managers would have had us out of sight by now when actually we're still in with a chance of staying up.

:clap:

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm not saying I'm a better fan, I'm saying you're out of order criticising people for showing a bit of passion. And for having an opinion different to yours.

Parky got it wrong big time last night, I won't be told differently by someone who wasn't there.

The problem is in the statistics... no shots on target... exactly our problem in the first 11 games.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If we can get those wins. We really are in desperate straits at pres and it wouldn't do any harm to chuck one or two of the U23s scoring youngsters for a couple of games. We could see how they perform in the senior team and if they can score goals. It's proven that none of the present team are scoring except in a haphazard fashion based a lot on luck rather than skill. Barnsley have a game in hand and I can't help thinking that we'll draw with them and they'll draw their game in hand but we'll go down on goal difference, such is our luck. Used to be exciting watching Bolton, but now it's frightening.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:a lot of managers would have had us out of sight by now when actually we're still in with a chance of staying up.

That doesn't even make sense.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote:The one reason that you are searching for is that at this stage the players still believe in the manager, so we will stick with PP.

How do you know?

Because it's obvious due to the results since September perhaps.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The last time we scored more than one goal in a game was December. It's a worry.

boltonbonce wrote:The last time we scored more than one goal in a game was December. It's a worry.

Jesus, that is poor. Fin’s concern over goal scorers coming to fruition.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

People still don’t seem to grasp it, we have to set the side up to protect the likes of Wheater, Bevers, Dervite and the young West Ham lad because most of them have been found wanting at Championship level.

This in turn as meant two defensive midfielders playing to protect the space in front of them and restrict the opposition directly attacking our goal through the centre. The idea being that the opponents will instead attack down the wings and throw crosses in that Wheater, Beevers, etc can cope better with.

Non of the centrebacks we have possibly apart from Burke have the skill to play the ball out of defence which in turn means the escape ball is often the hoof up field, irrespective of if it goes to one of our players or not.

We therefore have seven players basically committed to defensive duties (keeper, back four, two defensive mids) whether we want to or not (and whether  Parkinson is the manager or someone else is).

So we are left with just four players to provide any sort of attacking mid field and our striker force.

We don’t have a playmaker of any description to drive us forward from midfield with killer passes so  we have to attack down the wings and/or making the best of winning and controlling the hoofs from the defence.

That’s why a big target man who could hold up play until one or two of the midfielders could get up to support them was/is crucial to how we have to play.

Hence why Madine worked for us and Wilbraham is thrown on so often as sub because that’s all we have in the squad in that mold and why playing Alf or Clough there simply doesn’t work so well.

If we have one of the kids who can play that role then I’ve no doubt he would have been given a try by now but I strongly suspect we don’t and that is why they haven’t.  Do people seriously think Wheater with his lack of mobility and the touch of a cart horse could do the job because I don’t.

What I’m saying is we could have Messi playing up front for us but we would still struggle to score if the rest of the team can’t deliver the ball to him in such a way as he can use it effectively and get up the pitch to support him and give him options.

We are stuck with the players we have, if you forgive me for stating the obvious.

Yes we could play a more attacking side with say Morais, Vela, Karacan and Noone playing midfield and Ameobi and Alf (or Clough) up front but we did more or less that for our first nine games at the start of the season and managed just two points because Wheater and Beevers simply were not good enough to cope in defence without having protected cover in front of them.

It’s not really difficult to grasp why we play like we do with the lack of quality of players that we have, which in turn leads to our lack of creating goal scoring opportunities, and consequently the reason we don’t have the flexibility to shift our tactics about much.

It seems to me having Pratley fit and alongside Henry in the team gives us more energy and movement to the side when we attack is a big thing for us that we have missed in our last two games.  Possibly swap Noone on the left wing instead of Buckley and maybe tinker about to bring Morais in and that is about as good as it gets for us.

Perhaps Parkinson might go back to having a back three for away matches to fit Morais as the right wing back and maybe have Robinson as the left one but we will still need to have the bulk of the side concentrating on defence because Beevers, Wheater, Burke etc can’t hack it without two defensive mids shielding them.

It’s all fairly easy to see and understand really.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stuffy wrote:
It’s jaw dropping that we have moonmen posting about the psychie of the team and being overconfident based on what Iles posts in the local rag, I can only think someone has been playing too much Football Manager on his computer.
Moonmen (plural)/his (singular) - am I now being used as justification for this idiots illogical condescending bollocks?

That'll teach me to express concerns, regardless of whether or not they turn out to be true. 

Clearly there's no place for speculation and opinion on Stuffy's site unless it is in full agreement with Der Fuhrer.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

T.R.O.Y wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:The last time we scored more than one goal in a game was December. It's a worry.

Sluffy set me straight on that though and he's assured me that we'll be ok without scoring any goals.

My concern about Gary Monk taking over at Birmingham was dismissed too so nothing to worry about there either.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Sluffy set me straight on that though and he's assured me that we'll be ok without scoring any goals.

My concern about Gary Monk taking over at Birmingham was dismissed too so nothing to worry about there either.
...or Barnsley's upturn in form. Still at least we're all back "on message".
TBH none of this will be relevant after we thrash Derby and neither Brum nor Burton get the points when they play each other on Saturday.
Stroll in the park.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Sluffy set me straight on that though and he's assured me that we'll be ok without scoring any goals.

lol!

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Moonmen (plural)/his (singular) - am I now being used as justification for this idiots illogical condescending bollocks?

That'll teach me to express concerns, regardless of whether or not they turn out to be true. 

Clearly there's no place for speculation and opinion on Stuffy's site unless it is in full agreement with Der Fuhrer.
Don't you get it yet? anybody disagreeing with sluffy is clearly a moonman. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not getting involved.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum