Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hipster Nebula

+4
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Angry Dad
Norpig
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hipster Nebula Empty Hipster Nebula Wed Apr 18 2018, 23:08

Formerly one of the best posters on the site, intelligent, witty and given the title Wanderers Ways Funniest Poster at one point I’ve heard.

Yet since yesterday we’ve been treated to a poster who seems more in tune with the Daily Mail comments section and, even more tellingly, struggles to spell (see Sheamus on Syria thread) - not to mention the fact this user has gone from never being online to being on 24/7.

I’m not one for conspiracy, but this just doesn’t add up for me. Who’s behind this nonsense? If it’s about post count, shit, it’s working - but anyone who remembers the old Hipster recognises that this is not the poster of old.

2Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Wed Apr 18 2018, 23:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's as argumentative and sarcastic as before, it's definitely him  Very Happy

3Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Thu Apr 19 2018, 01:04

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I smell a nat.

4Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Thu Apr 19 2018, 09:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Formerly one of the best posters on the site, intelligent, witty and given the title Wanderers Ways Funniest Poster at one point I’ve heard.

Yet since yesterday we’ve been treated to a poster who seems more in tune with the Daily Mail comments section and, even more tellingly, struggles to spell (see Sheamus on Syria thread) - not to mention the fact this user has gone from never being online to being on 24/7.

I’m not one for conspiracy, but this just doesn’t add up for me. Who’s behind this nonsense? If it’s about post count, shit, it’s working - but anyone who remembers the old Hipster recognises that this is not the poster of old.

Well if you are asking has someone with the powers to hack into his account done so, then the answer is no.

Only Admin can do that on here and if you truly believe that I'm sad enough to concoct a story to stop posting as 'Sluffy' for a while to find time to post as 'Hipster' instead then you couldn't be more wrong.

I don't know where this myth about be being 'concerned' about post counts started - Bread certainly used to believe it and bang on about it - but it simply isn't true, and never as been.

Bolton News comments section has a higher post count than Nuts - does anyone truly think that sort of thing is what I ever wanted?

5Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Thu Apr 19 2018, 10:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Disagree on politics and misspell a name and you're no longer "intelligent" or "witty"

Some people are very precious about politics. I think maybe we'll just agree to disagree and then I can go back to being in your good books.

And you wonder why people dissapear from forums for good. It's because of nonsense like this. 

Nice to meet you though Troy I have to be honest I don't remember ever interacting with you before unless you went under a different name previously.

6Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Thu Apr 19 2018, 10:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was 1874 previously. Now he’s back under a new name but still as boring as ever

7Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Thu Apr 19 2018, 10:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Disagree on politics and misspell a name and you're no longer "intelligent" or "witty"

Some people are very precious about politics. I think maybe we'll just agree to disagree and then I can go back to being in your good books.

And you wonder why people dissapear from forums for good. It's because of nonsense like this. 

Nice to meet you though Troy I have to be honest I don't remember ever interacting with you before unless you went under a different name previously.
He was previously under the bwfc1874 account but decided to go off in a tantrum and deleted his account.

8Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Thu Apr 19 2018, 10:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh I had a lot of time for 1874.

I did forget that criticising the dear leader Corbyn can cause some people to melt down.

I have noticed that line on twitter as well. Any criticism of the left and the daily mail is brought up. Very trite and not particularly inspiring. 

All the best anyway 1874 glad to see you're still around.

9Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Thu Apr 19 2018, 10:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Speaking of the Mail,someone left one on the bus yesterday,and I had a look through it. What a rag.

Mind you,at 65p I suppose it's ok for the sport. Newspapers in general are dying on their arse.

10Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Thu Apr 19 2018, 10:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:and given the title Wanderers Ways Funniest Poster at one point I’ve heard.

I'm not having that. He "won" Bolton Banter's funniest poster. They only had 6 posters. Two of which were sluffy.

11Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Thu Apr 19 2018, 10:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:He was previously under the bwfc1874 account but decided to go off in a tantrum and deleted his account.

I think it was more down to a vendetta by the mods, but each to their own.

12Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Thu Apr 19 2018, 10:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy is probably right when he says it's not about post counts. Bread would still be on here if that were the case.
The way things are going politically,he'd have sent the post count through the roof.

13Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Thu Apr 19 2018, 22:10

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Oh I had a lot of time for 1874.

I did forget that criticising the dear leader Corbyn can cause some people to melt down.

I have noticed that line on twitter as well. Any criticism of the left and the daily mail is brought up. Very trite and not particularly inspiring. 

Fairs, fair Hipster - hopefully always clear i was a fan of you as a poster. This was intended to be tongue in cheek; to an extent, hope it didnt cause any offence (I’m sure it didnt).

Im all up for criticising Corbyn - his response to Syria has been disappointing. I’d like him to come out and say that bombing is the correct course of action if due process has been followed. He hasn’t done that, and it’s highly questionable.

But to tag him as a terrorist sympathiser based on having interactions with Hamas and Hezbollah is dangerous. 

It’s too simplistic to say that any policy or person that interacts with these organisations is a danger. If a peace process is ever going to happen both of these organisations would need to be engaged in some form. Much like the IRA were in the Irish peace process.

14Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Thu Apr 19 2018, 22:12

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:He was previously under the bwfc1874 account but decided to go off in a tantrum and deleted his account.

I think it was more down to a vendetta by the mods, but each to their own.

Correct. 

Karly, you’re a moron.

15Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Fri Apr 20 2018, 12:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Oh I had a lot of time for 1874.

Fairs, fair Hipster - hopefully always clear i was a fan of you as a poster. This was intended to be tongue in cheek; to an extent, hope it didnt cause any offence (I’m sure it didnt).

Im all up for criticising Corbyn - his response to Syria has been disappointing. I’d like him to come out and say that bombing is the correct course of action if due process has been followed. He hasn’t done that, and it’s highly questionable.

But to tag him as a terrorist sympathiser based on having interactions with Hamas and Hezbollah is dangerous. 

It’s too simplistic to say that any policy or person that interacts with these organisations is a danger. If a peace process is ever going to happen both of these organisations would need to be engaged in some form. Much like the IRA were in the Irish peace process.

He literally sympathises with the IRA cause. The IRA are terrorists. I'm not sure what more you can say to that.

16Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Fri Apr 20 2018, 12:27

You can support a cause while vehemently opposing a groups methods of achieving. I support the freedom of Palestine, i oppose Hamas supported militia attacking civilians in Israel.

17Hipster Nebula Empty Re: Hipster Nebula Fri Apr 20 2018, 12:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What do you reckon to the old bitch from Grantham?

It's not surprising to see the right-wing Government and press try to assassinate Jeremy Corbyn's character. So far they've linked him with the IRAHamas and Hezbollah. In their eyes, the Labour leader is a terrorist sympathiser.
The problem with this narrative, as with almost all narratives that invoke the spectre of terrorism, is that they rely on a decidedly one-sided view of the world. In their minds, life comprises two neatly opposed groups: those who support terror and those who oppose it.
The charges against Corbyn, regardless of their merit, cannot exist in a political vacuum of good versus evil though. Some conservatives would be wise to look closer to home before casting the first stone.

Whatever his views, Corbyn has never wielded the levers of power in government, and has never done more than put forward ideas. Yet if we look to the icon of conservative politics and "keeping Britain safe", we have someone with a well-documented history of being a terrorist sympathiser. During her time as Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher openly called a terrorist a "true friend", invited a terrorist into her home for tea, and personally lobbied against a terrorist's prosecution for war crimes.
Thatcher's support for Chile's former torturer-in-chief General Pinochet is no secret; it was something she was proud of. Despite her assertion that “The United States and Britain have together been the greatest alliance in defence of liberty and justice,” Thatcher refused to back down in her support of a man who overthrew a democratically elected government. This was a man who initiated the notorious Caravan of Death, the army unit that travelled the country by helicopter, murdering and torturing the General's opponents.
Pinochet's rule was inhumane and brutal, but was it terrorism? In the words of a soldier in Chile's Talca Regiment at the time of the abuses: "It seems to me that one of the reasons for the [Caravan of Death] mission was to set a drastic precedent in order to terrorise the presumed willingness of the Chilean people to fight back. But without any doubt, it was also intended to instill fear and terror among the commanders. To prevent any military personnel, down to lowest ranking officers, from taking a false step: this could happen to you!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum