Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Feel Sorry For Hipster And The Scots?

+5
Jake McHale
Soul Kitchen
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All I've been hearing about over the last few weeks is how the oil industry is struggling with the recent decline in oil prices. Only this morning there was some fat politician from Aberdeen saying his constituents fear for their jobs and future.

Boo-hoo.

Only a matter of months ago the oil price was through the roof and oil workers were driving Porsches and holidaying in Barbados twice a year.

Perhaps if the oil industry hadn't been so arrogant during the good times there would be a little sympathy for their current situation - but as far as I am concerned the fact the cost of filling up my car has dropped 25% is something to celebrate. The good folk of Aberdeen will just have to trade in their Porsche for a Ford Focus, and have a Summer holiday in Great Yarmouth like the rest of the UK.

Am I right or am I right?

One thread you're bemoaning Brits having to worry about their jobs, on this thread you're celebrating it.

This is starting to feel like an act.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:One thread you're bemoaning Brits having to worry about their jobs, on this thread you're celebrating it.

I'm sure you're not dumb enough to miss the fact that a much lower petrol price has a positive effect on the whole of the UK economy.

Twirls were down to 92p for 4 at Asda this week, lowest price in 5 years!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the oil is now such a shit commodity then I'm sure Cameron will be handing it over to us with the rest of our new "powers." Oh wait....

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel sorry for anyone who wears a kilt in this weather.
The one I got from Lidl is no protection at all.Do You Feel Sorry For Hipster And The Scots? Ecosse07o

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:One thread you're bemoaning Brits having to worry about their jobs, on this thread you're celebrating it.

Finally, the penny has dropped!

I think we can add irony to the long list of things that go over your head SK.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I always empathise with people who lose there jobs, unless they are politicians! I'd even feel sorry for Nat if she lost hers, even though she'd have to get off her arse to find one first!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's no act.

The low oil price is brilliant for millions of people, the only people it's hurting is those in the oil industry who have taken huge salaries and perks for granted.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:I always empathise with people who lose there jobs, unless they are politicians! I'd even feel sorry for Nat if she lost hers, even though she'd have to get off her arse to find one first!!

I normally feel sorry for anyone losing their job as it could happen to any of us. But in this instance I think the oil industry and its employees have taken the piss for a number of years, call it Karma perhaps.

An acquaintance of mine worked on the oil rigs. He was earning a 6 figure salary and having his rent paid. All he did was press a button.

Why would you blame the employees for taking a high salary?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:I think we can add irony to the long list of things that go over your head SK.

Not where you are concerned! Smile

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Why would you blame the employees for taking a high salary?

Not blaming them, just saying they've lived the highs at the publics expense, now they have to take the lows.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:I always empathise with people who lose there jobs, unless they are politicians! I'd even feel sorry for Nat if she lost hers, even though she'd have to get off her arse to find one first!!

I normally feel sorry for anyone losing their job as it could happen to any of us. But in this instance I think the oil industry and its employees have taken the piss for a number of years, call it Karma perhaps.

An acquaintance of mine worked on the oil rigs. He was earning a 6 figure salary and having his rent paid. All he did was press a button.

Depends what sort of button he's pushing. There's a couple of buttons that could wipe out a large amount of the World's population!

In which case he's probably not pushing it.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Why would you blame the employees for taking a high salary?

Not blaming them, just saying they've lived the highs at the publics expense, now they have to take the lows.

It won't last for long. That green eyed monster of yours will soon be back on it's leash.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:

Depends what sort of button he's pushing. There's a couple of buttons that could wipe out a large amount of the World's population!

It was 'drill on' or 'drill off'.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

It was 'drill on' or 'drill off'.

Easy life then, some guys have all the luck eh?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:

Easy life then, some guys have all the luck eh?

I think it would have been beyond you to be honest.

I see you more as the bloke who holds the hat of the bloke who presses the on/off button.

No

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum