Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton players strike!!

+19
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
Kane57
Norpig
wanderlust
y2johnny
rammywhite
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
wessy
Growler
Natasha Whittam
observer
MartinBWFC
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 11]

121Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 01:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So despite not knowing who the strikers (plural) are, who wasn't paid what, whether the PFA were involved or not, or who said what to whom and when, all sorts of conclusions are being drawn. Plus Sluffy has already rewritten his stock dissertation exonerating the Andersons and slagging off their detractors.

Wow.
Gawd knows what it will be like when we actually know something.

122Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 01:42

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'm not convinced some of our players are  millionaires on the 4.5k per week they get when Ken fancies paying them.
If they didn't get the ok from the PFA I agree its a bonehead strike and legally Anderson will have an advantage.If the strikers were dishwashers in Ken's restaurant i wouldn't want to be them, however if Ken punishes them in some way without replacing them then we are screwed for next season.Ken needs footballers who are 100% committed to the cause and not paying their wages/bonuses then punishing them isn't going to get maximum effort from them.
Ken has to be very careful how he deals with this, as i say they aren't potwashers in his restaurant they are the people who generate the gate receipts and TV revenue and will be expensive to replace.

123Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 02:03

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Growler wrote:I'm not convinced some of our players are  millionaires on the 4.5k per week they get when Ken fancies paying them.
If they didn't get the ok from the PFA I agree its a bonehead strike and legally Anderson will have an advantage.If the strikers were dishwashers in Ken's restaurant i wouldn't want to be them, however if Ken punishes them in some way without replacing them then we are screwed for next season.Ken needs footballers who are 100% committed to the cause and not paying their wages/bonuses then punishing them isn't going to get maximum effort from them.
Ken has to be very careful how he deals with this, as i say they aren't potwashers in his restaurant they are the people who generate the gate receipts and TV revenue and will be expensive to replace.
Last year's wages (allegedly) were £12.6 million... or over £500,000 a year per player.  That would give many the potential of being millionaires... albeit, Amos and Pratley skewed those numbers last year.  I think you are right... we are screwed this season and yes, KA has to be very careful on dealing with this.  Then again, we have been screwed the past two seasons, and have survived!  Once again we start the season poorly... and without a ball being mishit on the pitch.

124Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 10:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I checked at about tea time Saturday, and the game was on. I grabbed a couple of hours sleep, and left Cheltenham just after midnight, intending to take a slow drive up to relatives, just 5 minutes from the stadium. I'd even manged to rope in two of them to go to the game.
Come 1200 on Saturday, we went to the ground, and it was the strangest sight. Not a soul about. We wandered around the stadium, and caught a chap who was putting something in a van. He told us that the team coach got as far as Penrith, and then turned back, and that all the food etc for the players to have whilst watching the England game was just cancelled in time, and that a behind doors game was being held by their first and second teams instead.
A few St Mirren fans turned up, as they knew nothing about it either, although a notice had been taped to a window near the entrance.  It stated that refunds would be made today (Monday). Although I hadn't bought a ticket, I did pay for the fuel for a round trip of 700 miles, and to say the St Mirren fans I spoke to were less than impressed would be an understatement. I thought we were finally coming out of all this negative press and behaviors, but for the team to do this, at such a time, is wrong, in my opinion, and the name of the club is again dragged through the mud, (all by a player who can't wait, and who won't leave because he knows he won't get the same wages elsewhere).
I won't be going to any more friendlies, unless its against Cheltenham Town.

125Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 11:48

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

gloswhite wrote:I checked at about tea time Saturday, and the game was on. I grabbed a couple of hours sleep, and left Cheltenham just after midnight, intending to take a slow drive up to relatives, just 5 minutes from the stadium. I'd even manged to rope in two of them to go to the game.
Come 1200 on Saturday, we went to the ground, and it was the strangest sight. Not a soul about. We wandered around the stadium, and caught a chap who was putting something in a van. He told us that the team coach got as far as Penrith, and then turned back, and that all the food etc for the players to have whilst watching the England game was just cancelled in time, and that a behind doors game was being held by their first and second teams instead.
A few St Mirren fans turned up, as they knew nothing about it either, although a notice had been taped to a window near the entrance.  It stated that refunds would be made today (Monday). Although I hadn't bought a ticket, I did pay for the fuel for a round trip of 700 miles, and to say the St Mirren fans I spoke to were less than impressed would be an understatement. I thought we were finally coming out of all this negative press and behaviors, but for the team to do this, at such a time, is wrong, in my opinion, and the name of the club is again dragged through the mud, (all by a player who can't wait, and who won't leave because he knows he won't get the same wages elsewhere).
I won't be going to any more friendlies, unless its against Cheltenham Town.
You should post this up on the twitter of any of the players. They might now feel guilty enough to pay your petrol back being that they all actually got paid, just a bit later than expected. I still hope it wasn’t an endorsed strike (by the PFA) and therefore it is possible to offload some of these primadonnas by way of a P45.

126Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 13:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The ST have requested a meeting with the owner. For what it's worth.

127Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 13:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:The ST have requested a meeting with the owner. For what it's worth.
They won't get any straight answers so a waste of time IMO.

128Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 14:02

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:The ST have requested a meeting with the owner. For what it's worth.
They won't give any straight questions

129Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 15:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
You mean like "what have you done with the money Ken?"

130Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 15:23

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Like would they answer that question straight as well. 

"Where's all the members money gone?"

131Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 15:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

You mean the money from the Madine sale that would have gone on wages to cover some of the £6 million estimated trading loss, or the bonus payment on Madine being promoted with Cardiff, that they would have paid at the end of June and in all probability the club/Anderson has been waiting for to pay the players bonuses from once it had cleared - and which probably hit their banks today - just one working day later than the players who went on (unofficial?) strike demanded.

132Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 17:03

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

You mean the money from the Madine sale that would have gone on wages to cover some of the £6 million estimated trading loss, or the bonus payment on Madine being promoted with Cardiff, that they would have paid at the end of June and in all probability the club/Anderson has been waiting for to pay the players bonuses from once it had cleared - and which probably hit their banks today - just one working day later than the players who went on (unofficial?) strike demanded.

Pointless giving a reasonable answer on here. Everyone knows (or wants to believe) that Ken pocketed the Madine 6 million and sold the Macron to the soup Dragon from The Clangers for 30 million and pocketed that aswell.

133Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 17:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I knew something was going on. Word is,Desperate Dan was the go between. Ken needs to come clean,before this guys spills the beans.

134Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 17:35

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Dunkels King wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Pointless giving a reasonable answer on here. Everyone knows (or wants to believe) that Ken pocketed the Madine 6 million and sold the Macron to the soup Dragon from The Clangers for 30 million and pocketed that aswell.
Absolute rubbish. The soup Dragon hasn't got a penny to his name. It was sold to Smaug, he's loaded and is potentially our new owner.

135Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 17:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Dunkels King wrote:Pointless giving a reasonable answer on here. Everyone knows (or wants to believe) that Ken pocketed the Madine 6 million and sold the Macron to the soup Dragon from The Clangers for 30 million and pocketed that aswell.

To be fair DK the vast majority on here will accept reasonable answers - in respect of the club/the Anderson's - Wanderlust being probably they only regular who tends not to.

We do get one or two anti-Anderson's on here but more often than they only pop on to troll.

Good to see you posting so much today, it's quite a while since you did so, hope you decide to stick around and post a whole lot more from now on.

136Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 18:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Something about this matter on the Northwest News at 6.30.

137Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 19:00

Sluffy wrote:

Survival bonus, haha.

Today’s Bolton News suggests a survival bonus is not the laughable concept you might have thought Sluffy. Cue appearance bonus head explosion now.

“And of last night, Championship retention bonuses for those contracted to Wanderers last season remained unpaid. Other performance-related bonuses, for appearances and goals, were also outstanding, as we went to press.”

138Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 19:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Survival bonus, haha.

Today’s Bolton News suggests a survival bonus is not the laughable concept you might have thought Sluffy. Cue appearance bonus head explosion now.

“And of last night, Championship retention bonuses for those contracted to Wanderers last season remained unpaid. Other performance-related bonuses, for appearances and goals, were also outstanding, as we went to press.”

Hahaha - you really do crack me up!

Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

139Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 19:41

Sluffy - all you need to say is you made a mistake and mocking me now looks pretty unfair. You’ve spent all afternoon posting essays across multiple threads on what you yourself call ‘pointless arguments’ so your clearly not above spending time debating people over the Internet.

And there’s not one poster on this site is far enough up your arse to think otherwise.

Except Karly, don’t know where he is though.

140Bolton players strike!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Mon Jul 09 2018, 19:42

boltonbonce wrote:Something about this matter on the Northwest News at 6.30.

Anything interesting said?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum