Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton players strike!!

+19
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
Kane57
Norpig
wanderlust
y2johnny
rammywhite
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
wessy
Growler
Natasha Whittam
observer
MartinBWFC
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

91Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 10:59

Are you seriously suggesting that a survival bonus is not an industry norm? You’re heads going to explode when you realise appearance, goal and clean sheet bonuses are also bog standard football contracts.

92Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 11:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Are you seriously suggesting that a survival bonus is not an industry norm? You’re heads going to explode when you realise appearance, goal and clean sheet bonuses are also bog standard football contracts.

I can assure you that nothing you can tell me would ever make my head explode.

Survival bonus, haha.

It's football mate, get a grip!

93Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 11:51

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:I've no idea what profession you are in but in most cases I know bonuses are set as a reward for doing better than a set target, performance or industry norm.

Surely you can't possibly be suggesting that the 'set target, performance or industry norm' of footballers is relegation and they need to be 'incentivised' financial to achieve more than that - ie not to be relegated?

Somethings happened recently otherwise the likes of Ameobi, Beevers and Alnwick wouldn't have re-signed in the last month, nor would new players such as Donaldson have come to the club either - I'm sure footballers have their own contacts and networks within the profession to know what clubs they need to steer clear of.

I reckon there is more going on here than meets the eye with this strike and I reckon whoever has the ear of the players and encouraged them to do so knew this would be damaging to the club far more than any embarrassment/shaming of KA over a payment issue (which seems to have revolved around whether the outstanding money hit their banks on a Friday (which the players demanded) or the following Monday (that KA appears to have done).

Hardly something to fuck the club over irrespective of who was in the right or wrong.

I think the key expression here is that there is more to this than meets the eye- which I think must be the case. As KA has said that he'll say no more about it, then unless one of the players puts his head above the parapet ,then I guess the whole story will never emerge. But  it is certainly murky and leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

94Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 12:24

Sluffy wrote:
Survival bonus, haha.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

95Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 12:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course there was a survival bonus, every club sets a target before the season starts.

I'm sure Man City, Man Utd & Chelsea were on a bonus to win the league, the likes of Everton, West Ham & Leicester to finish in the top 6, and Brighton, Huddersfield & West Brom to avoid relegation.

Bolton had one target: to stay up. Of course thy were offered a bonus.

96Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 12:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Survival bonus, haha.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hahaha, you do make me laugh at times.

I think there might be a teeny weeny bit of difference between paying parachuted in managers or no hope teams to somehow manage to stay in the billion pound Premier League (and the multi-million pounds of that they receive for just being in it) and on its arse clubs like us to finish ahead of mega clubs like Burton and Barnsley at the dogs end of the second division.

As I've said get a grip - its only football not Putin launching a nuclear attack on us.

Next you'll be telling us our soldiers are on 'survival' incentive bonuses too!

Ffs!

97Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 13:03

You really are making yourself look stupid here. Carry on though.

98Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 13:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:You really are making yourself look stupid here. Carry on though.

Haha, you're priceless!

You're the one spending his own time desperately googling stuff to try and prove a meaningless point to win a pointless argument against someone he's never even seen or met and I'm the stupid one?

Righto!

99Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 13:25

No I’m engaging with your forum, if you don’t want to believe in asurvival bonus that’s fine but I can assure you they’re common place and well known. I’m surprised you haven’t heard of them but I’m not going to hammer the point as, in regards to this thread, it has no relevance to the original point - regardless of what the bonus was for Ken is contractually obliged to pay it and the players are within their rights to demand it.

100Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 13:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:You're the one spending his own time desperately googling stuff to try and prove a meaningless point to win a pointless argument against someone he's never even seen or met and I'm the stupid one?

Righto!

Right, that's it. That's the giveaway. This is some sort of WUM drive to boost posts over the Summer.

Someone who spent all last week banging on about a foul by Harry Kane that no one else saw, isn't going to post the above unless it's a wind up.

101Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 15:00

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How come Parky hasn't commented on all this? Manager should have his say.

102Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 15:10

Sure he’s had plenty to say behind closed doors.

103Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 16:41

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Amos could be on his way to Ipswich as number one goalkeeper.

That should improve the situation.

104Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 16:57

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Any legal experts on here?

Anderson admitted in his statement that he hasn't paid Ben Amos his wages and he hasn't paid retention fees and bonuses to other players.

Could Ben Amos or the unpaid players take Anderson to court and win if he won't pay what's in their contracts?

105Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 16:59

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:Amos could be on his way to Ipswich as number one goalkeeper.

That should improve the situation.
Rebellion has no up side for this club.  The question is how to rid the club of the ringleaders... right or wrong KA has a huge problem to deal with (not to say he was right in not paying on time).  This bodes poorly for attracting new players and for the season.  I would have hoped senior players would have been smarter before walking out.

106Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 17:03

observer wrote:
Rebellion has no up side for this club.  The question is how to rid the club of the ringleaders.

What upside would there be to losing players given how thin the squad is at this point?

107Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 17:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:What upside would there be to losing players given how thin the squad is at this point?

There's no upside, but some things are more important than football.

108Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 17:33

Bollocks to that, in supporting Bolton Wanderers I only care about what makes the team successful - as do you.

109Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 17:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Bollocks to that, in supporting Bolton Wanderers I only care about what makes the team successful - as do you.

Can you honestly say your love for BWFC hasn't been tarnished by this saga?

If Ken said he was sacking all the strikers tonight I would be right behind him.

110Bolton players strike!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sun Jul 08 2018, 19:37

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The sooner Amos is shipped out the better. He's forcing a move and disrupting the squad with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum