Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did you miss me?

+2
boltonbonce
Norpig
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Did you miss me? Empty Did you miss me? Wed Aug 01 2018, 16:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hello all just got back from 10 days in Majorca, Great weather and all inclusive so drank and ate myself daft. Seen the main headlines and signings and we have signed quite a few players, who do we think will make the most impact? Squad looks ok to me but could still do with the likes of Robinson back. 

I think i must have been drunk and hallucinating because i'm sure i saw we actually paid money for a player!

Most importantly of all, while i've been away i'm sure the usual carry ons have been going on around here, so who's been banned in the last 10 days and who's been having a meltdown?

2Did you miss me? Empty Re: Did you miss me? Wed Aug 01 2018, 16:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Johnny was banned,and I'm having a meltdown. Apart from that everything is fine. The Sluffy/Lusty argument is still ongoing,causing Sluffy to run out of words. He's had to resort to using the Greek alphabet as a back up.
Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Did you see any decent slippers?

3Did you miss me? Empty Re: Did you miss me? Wed Aug 01 2018, 16:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Far too hot for slippers Boncey, it was mid 30's everyday, What did Jonny get banned for?

What's your meltdown about? As for Sluffy and Lusty i'm not surprised they are still at each other  Very Happy

4Did you miss me? Empty Re: Did you miss me? Wed Aug 01 2018, 16:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Johnny was banned for making fun of my slippers. Only a 24 hour job. He'll probably tell you himself.
My meltdown was minor,and I'm over it now,thanks to some Andrews Liver Salts.

5Did you miss me? Empty Re: Did you miss me? Wed Aug 01 2018, 17:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I got banned for nowt, it’s fair to say that the forum was quiet

6Did you miss me? Empty Re: Did you miss me? Wed Aug 01 2018, 17:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banned again Boggers? You must hold the record now  Very Happy

7Did you miss me? Empty Re: Did you miss me? Thu Aug 02 2018, 01:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Welcome back Norpig, sounds as though you've had a great time!

The usual carnage as been going on since you've been away - apart from all you've already been told, Natasha's flounced off (I'm guessing she's behind that obviously fake account over on The Wanderer forum that as been trying to resuscitate the all but dead site over the last three or four weeks).

The account is - believe it or not - nearly 13 years old (about the time several left Bolton Banter to join TW) and the account has lain dormant for years and years but recently has just burst into life.  The poster claims to live in New Zealand but can be often found posting through out the afternoon - which considering NZ is nearly 12 hours in front of us means it is posting in the middle of the night over there.

The poster clearly portrays themself as some sort of youthful, nerdy adolescent - and even has an avatar of a stick man setting himself alight, I guess to somehow portray their immaturity - but whoever is behind the account is clearly a great deal older than what they seem to be pretending to be.

Anyway there's no crime in having fake accounts but clearly someone is working that site very hard for no apparent reason and it's very reminiscent to me of all the weird accounts that appeared in the last days of Burnden Aces (particularly the Kennster one) to keep the site appear busy, before even the owner got sick of them and pulled the plug.

Also I'm not around as much as I usually am due to work commitments, so Wanderlust has clearly felt free to abuse a number of posters whilst I've been away doing real life stuff, and we've received an official complaint about the abuse so much so that he had a short, sharp ban as well!

We've had a number of doomsayers telling us/me how the forum is dead because of this, that and the other, but mainly how I run the site and post on it - yet we are still here and have even welcomed Leeds Trotter to join us as a new Admin to help run the site, freshen things up and hopefully help make it better for all of us.

Finally we even had a visit from Bread to tell me he was right and I was wrong on something that was said on a footy forum a number of years back that everybody had forgotten - apart from him (yet I'm the 'obsessed' one in his eyes)!

So just a normal ten days or so in the life of Bolton Nuts!

Very Happy

8Did you miss me? Empty Re: Did you miss me? Thu Aug 02 2018, 11:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:The usual carnage as been going on since you've been away - apart from all you've already been told, Natasha's flounced off (I'm guessing she's behind that obviously fake account over on The Wanderer forum that as been trying to resuscitate the all but dead site over the last three or four weeks).

What a load of absolute shite. I've been on holiday you fooking bellend. I'm not one of those sad fuckwits who logs onto a forum in the sun.

I expect an apology by lunchtime.

9Did you miss me? Empty Re: Did you miss me? Thu Aug 02 2018, 11:10

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I keep popping up every now and again, but do keep an eye in what is being posted.  Nothing to comment on, usually.

10Did you miss me? Empty Re: Did you miss me? Thu Aug 02 2018, 11:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:The usual carnage as been going on since you've been away - apart from all you've already been told, Natasha's flounced off (I'm guessing she's behind that obviously fake account over on The Wanderer forum that as been trying to resuscitate the all but dead site over the last three or four weeks).

What a load of absolute shite. I've been on holiday you fooking bellend. I'm not one of those sad fuckwits who logs onto a forum in the sun.

We had a lovely time away didn't we Nat? Same place next year?

11Did you miss me? Empty Re: Did you miss me? Thu Aug 02 2018, 11:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Ok, sorry.

But someone is clearly up to something over on TW.

I've seen all sorts on forums over the years but to see someone reactivate a thirteen year old account is certainly a first!

Not only would someone probably forget about even having an account and not using it in all that time but they would almost certainly had forgotten what their password was back in those days - it would have been far easier and quicker for them just to simply re-register again.

That's what most normal people would do - almost as though some mischievous and experience person left themselves a way into that forum just in case one day their main account was banned and them blocked from further participation on that site?

I'm amazed their Admin have not picked this up but I guess they are just happy for anyone to stir things up for them, just like Burnden Aces Admin did when it was near deaths door too.

Anyway nowt as queer as folk as they say.

Welcome back - are you intending to run any of your competitions this season?

12Did you miss me? Empty Re: Did you miss me? Thu Aug 02 2018, 11:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've had the same password for 15 years. It means I never forget it.

13Did you miss me? Empty Re: Did you miss me? Thu Aug 02 2018, 11:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I write all my passwords down in a book.

But I can't find it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum