Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did I miss something?

+7
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
gloswhite
scottjames30
rammywhite
Bolton Nuts
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Did I miss something? Empty Did I miss something? Sun Oct 27 2013, 11:12

Bolton Nuts

Admin

And what the hell happened with that Norwich goal?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Sun Oct 27 2013, 12:13

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Biggie wrote:And what the hell happened with that Norwich goal?
August 21st on a season long loan.

As for the goal- who knows?.
OK-lets start a riot
I'd welcome back Elmander with open arms if he would come back

3Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Sun Oct 27 2013, 15:56

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I rated Elmander , one of the best work horses that we've ever had at our club.

4Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Sun Oct 27 2013, 16:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Similar to Ngog in that he looks good up front. Unfortunately, he's also similar in that he didn't score much. having said that, I'd take him back just now.

5Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Mon Oct 28 2013, 21:00

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We'll always have 'that' goal.

6Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Mon Oct 28 2013, 22:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His goal against Wolves was a cracker but other than that he wasn't an out and striker like Anelka or Klassnic.

7Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Tue Oct 29 2013, 07:57

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

But he covered every blade of grass on the pitch. Used as a link player he would have got our two 'strikers' a few more goals.
Looking at what we have to put up with now- he was a world class player

8Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Tue Oct 29 2013, 10:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, amazing how shit players can be thought of fondly when the current set of ponces is ultra shite.

Elmander was the worst signing in BWFC history. So what he ran about a bit, surely that's a fucking given when you're being paid £50k per week? He was fucking dreadful in front of goal, and while people like to excuse him because "he's not an out-and-out striker" he was signed as a fucking striker and if you're a professional footballer you should be able to score from 6 yards more times than you miss.

The Norwich fans already think he's shit.

9Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Tue Oct 29 2013, 10:35

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I always wanted Mandy to come good. And he did. As soon as he got deployed in a formation that worked he started scoring and creating loads.

10Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Tue Oct 29 2013, 10:52

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ha ha, amazing how shit players can be thought of fondly when the current set of ponces is ultra shite.

Elmander was the worst signing in BWFC history. So what he ran about a bit, surely that's a fucking given when you're being paid £50k per week? He was fucking dreadful in front of goal, and while people like to excuse him because "he's not an out-and-out striker" he was signed as a fucking striker and if you're a professional footballer you should be able to score from 6 yards more times than you miss.

The Norwich fans already think he's shit.
I wish some of the 'ponces' that we have now would run around a bit more!!
As from scoring from six yards out- it seems that a lot of our current crew can't manage that  either. In fact forget the yards- they simply can't score.

11Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Tue Oct 29 2013, 11:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:I wish some of the 'ponces' that we have now would run around a bit more!!
As from scoring from six yards out- it seems that a lot of our current crew can't manage that  either. In fact forget the yards- they simply can't score.
Agreed, but just because Elmander was marginally better than Ngog doesn't make him a good player. £8m we paid for him, £8m!!!! We got Anelka for similar money.

It's because of twats like Elmander that we're in this financial mess.

Megson out.

12Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Tue Oct 29 2013, 11:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:I wish some of the 'ponces' that we have now would run around a bit more!!
Agreed, but just because Elmander was marginally better than Ngog doesn't make him a good player. £8m we paid for him, £8m!!!! We got Anelka for similar money.

It's because of twats like Elmander that we're in this financial mess.

Megson out.
And fucked off on a free...What a joke!

13Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Tue Oct 29 2013, 12:15

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Of course he went on a free- his contract was up. You can't blame him for that!.
Would you have stayed and played for Coyle?
It also saved £50,000 a week.

14Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Tue Oct 29 2013, 18:48

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Biggie wrote:I always wanted Mandy to come good. And he did. As soon as he got deployed in a formation that worked he started scoring and creating loads.
I think the reason he came good near the end was due to the fact he was trying to put himself in the shop window for new suitors in the summer.

15Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Tue Oct 29 2013, 20:47

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
You see, this is why I'm a better poster than you.

First of all, I agree that he was a dreadful bit of business. But you're incapable of providing a rational opinion on him because of this. In fairness, a lot of Bolton fans aren't. You can think he was bad value for money, at the same time as acknowledging that he didn't bring nothing to the team, because he didn't. If he'd cost £1m and been on £20k, you'd be saying very different things about what he had to offer. Look at Henrik Pedersen. He was dire, much worse than Elmander. But if somebody started a Henrik Pedersen thread, there wouldn't be near as many a bad word said about him, because he cost peanuts.

16Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Tue Oct 29 2013, 20:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Elmander is playing on his own up front for Norwich against Manure at Old Trafford. Norwich are losing 1-0. I wonder what odds the bookies would give on an Elmander goal in the 2nd half?

17Did I miss something? Empty Re: Did I miss something? Tue Oct 29 2013, 23:28

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:Elmander is playing on his own up front for Norwich against Manure at Old Trafford. Norwich are losing 1-0. I wonder what odds the bookies would give on an Elmander goal in the 2nd half?
What you doin on here during half term RT?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum