Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Blackburn

+16
MartinBWFC
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
DEANO82
doffcocker
rammywhite
bryan458
observer
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
wessy
Cajunboy
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Mon Oct 08 2018, 10:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I see now why Norwich have Wildschutt out on loan.
At Norwich Wildschüt was generally poor when he started a game but did OK as an "impact sub" but although the fans generally liked him, his tendency to push and run and the randomness of his movement meant he lost the ball as often as he created. In his favour he often did the unexpected and on a good day can scare defenders shitless but it's the frequency of those good days that is the issue. He has the pace and finishing ability to run past a striker if we're pinned back but he would have to be given the freedom to get off the wing to do so and I can't see him being given that licence in this team. 
Most of our players have been rejected for one reason or another so it's a matter of Parky playing to their strengths and improving them and in Wildschut's case he needs to work on touch and tighter control of the ball - he could be decent.

62Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Mon Oct 08 2018, 10:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:The goal -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hadn't seen the goal before this clip but read loads about it being Grounds fault - but I don't see it that way.

Grounds lost his man five yards inside the Blackburn half and thus had half the field to organise some form of cover before the goal was scored!  Yes it was a poor tackle but to lay all the blame of the goal on Grounds as many seems to have done is ridiculous.

Maybe he was poor throughout the ninety minutes I don't know but it seems like a bit of a witchhunt against him if people actually want to solely blame him for a missed tackle half the length of the pitch away as being totally responsible for us conceding what turned out to be the losing goal.

True but if you lack the pace to get back you have to have good positional sense and in this case Grounds didn't. That said it was just the first of a series of events that led to the goal and given that two efforts were blocked before it fell to Dack it could be argued that the midfield were at fault for not tracking back and filling in as they conceivably had the time to do so.

63Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Mon Oct 08 2018, 13:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Most of our players have been rejected for one reason or another so it's a matter of Parky playing to their strengths and improving them and in Wildschut's case he needs to work on touch and tighter control of the ball - he could be decent.

Don't you think a professional footballer on big wages should already know how to control the ball?

64Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Mon Oct 08 2018, 13:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Most of our players have been rejected for one reason or another so it's a matter of Parky playing to their strengths and improving them and in Wildschut's case he needs to work on touch and tighter control of the ball - he could be decent.

Don't you think a professional footballer on big wages should already know how to control the ball?
To what level? Are you saying they should all be able to control the ball at the same level e.g. Messi? Or do you accept that pro footballers have varying degrees of control skills?

65Bolton 0-1 Blackburn - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Blackburn Mon Oct 08 2018, 15:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Marc Wilson can play left back, i'd give him a go there, he can't be worse than Grounds can he? I was saying the same as Boncey, why didn't Grounds just bring him down when the winger went past him? He has had one ok game against Derby and that's it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum