Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doidge gone back to Forest Green Rovers

+14
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
Norpig
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
karlypants
Growler
wanderlust
observer
whatsgoingon
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
Sluffy
Nigelbwfc
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

This says it all:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Great quote from their chairman and who could disagree?

"[It] reminds me of Theresa May saying she'll still get a Brexit deal. It's not going to happen"

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:This says it all:

Great quote from their chairman and who could disagree?

"[It] reminds me of Theresa May saying she'll still get a Brexit deal. It's not going to happen"
Hasn't there been a suggestion in the BN that the club "feel relaxed" about getting the deal back on track? How could they even suggest that? How thick does Anderson think folk are?

Maybe it will happen - after all anything is possible - but I'm struggling to see how.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Question. How did the league approve the initial deal in the first place if they knew we're under a registration embargo? I'm not defending KA here, I simply find it strange that the EFL would say yes to a loan to buy deal if they knew it could NOT be completed.

It strikes me that there seems to be a lot of 'pass the buck' going on around the club as a whole not just this deal and while Ken is certainly to blame for some if not most of it he's far from alone in failing to adhere to his responsibilities.

Finally where did the embargo come from? It was my understanding the transfer embargo had been lifted last summer from what both the club and EFL said. Did I miss something?

We weren’t under embargo when we signed Doidge initially.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Being treated like shit aside - he was rubbish for us.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:Being treated like shit aside - he was rubbish for us.

We might still sign him yet!

I actually don't think that is as stupid as it sounds.

I think KA will have to offer the £250,000 when the EFL money arrives, so he can say he stuck to his side of the mutually agreed change of payment date in the deal, if the case ended up in court.

Doidge according to Vince did the deal behind his back and wanted to come to Bolton because we offered him a much better deal.  I guess that would mean he goes back to the FGR deal he was on if he stayed there.  (Before anyone says we didn't pay him, he and all other footballers are guaranteed wages no matter what, which are underwritten by the PFA if there is not enough to pay them under the football creditor rule if the club defaulted long term).

So he is ambitious enough to want to move on from FGR and he liked the money he could earn more than at FGR too.

Vince cannot sell Doidge in this window because he can't play for any other club this season because he's already played for FGR before we signed him.

So I think we have to make the offer, Doidge does want the money with us and Vince may want the cash Doidge sale would have brought in (£750,000 as it seems we were down to make three payments of £250,000?) - particularly now the fact seems to be he can't hack it at Championship level (?) with a 1 in 17 record with us so far.

Stranger things have happened I suppose?

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Just because we can doesn't mean we should. One goal.i. 17 is pathetic and should be a barrier to us going back. Once bitten and all that

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Kane57 wrote:Just because we can doesn't mean we should. One goal.i. 17 is pathetic and should be a barrier to us going back. Once bitten and all that

The problem is we might not have a choice if there is a contract. It depends if the contract was nullified, or just put on hold whilst the embargo is in place.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:Just because we can doesn't mean we should. One goal in 17 is pathetic and should be a barrier to us going back. Once bitten and all that

It's more 'forced' upon KA to make the payment offer, rather than probably 'desired', if he wants to possibly stand up in court one day in the future and say something like 'we had contracted to buy Doidge on the 3rd Jan but realised we had cash flow issues to be able to do that so reached an a verbal agreement with Vince to complete the purchase on the 16th when the EFL payment was made - which we did but FGR would no longer sell him to us.  We therefore didn't break the contract - they did'.

Of course if he doesn't plan on being about for long he could simply think 'Fuck Vince', not make the offer and let someone else sort out the 'disagreement' after he's gone!

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Kane57 wrote:Just because we can doesn't mean we should. One goal in 17 is pathetic and should be a barrier to us going back. Once bitten and all that

It's more 'forced' upon KA to make the payment offer, rather than probably 'desired', if he wants to possibly stand up in court one day in the future and say something like 'we had contracted to buy Doidge on the 3rd Jan but realised we had cash flow issues to be able to do that so reached an a verbal agreement with Vince to complete the purchase on the 16th when the EFL payment was made - which we did but FGR would no longer sell him to us.  We therefore didn't break the contract - they did'.

Of course if he doesn't plan on being about for long he could simply think 'Fuck Vince', not make the offer and let someone else sort out the 'disagreement' after he's gone!
Sluffy, do you know how much we receive from the EFL over a season and when the payments are made?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Sluffy, do you know how much we receive from the EFL over a season and when the payments are made?

Not really.

I guess with a bit of digging I could find out but I don't really have the enthusiasm to do it.

I did do a little bit of a Google search out of respect to your request though and found this -

The EFL’s current TV deal amounts to £90m a year – just 3% of the Premier League’s £2.8bn a year, shared among all 72 clubs, although the 24 in the Championship receive the bulk of it. From 2019 an agreed new five-year deal will pay £120m annually. In agreements struck to govern the relationship between the Premier League, which was a breakaway in 1992 from more equal sharing in the Football League, the top flight pays £100m in “solidarity” to lower leagues, including £4.3m to the Championship clubs.

I also remember someone saying (Anderson perhaps?) that the difference being in the Championship to the third tier is around £6 million more per year to the club.

I also found this describing what Wolves got for last season - which doesn't clear things up much either -

That total was made up of a merit payment for their final league position (£1.9m), TV fees (£13.6m) and their share of the huge broadcasting deal Premier League clubs sign with Sky Sports and BT Sport at the beginning of each season (£84.4m).

It also additionally adds this -

Despite Sky being broadcast partner, TV money in the EFL is far less than in the Premier League. Championship clubs chosen to host matches are awarded £100,000 per game - unless it’s played on Sunday (£120,000) or Thursday (£140,000) - while away teams collect a fixed fee of £10,000.

[These amounts are from last year though don't forget]

So one way of reading the above to me at least is that we would receive something like £84.4 million from the EFL championship pot plus a further £4.3 payment from the FA's PL sop (or is that included in the £84.4m?) plus some crumbs for the TV games we feature on(?).

As for when the staged payments are I can't find any quick answer - sorry - unless you take literally the line above which states 'at the beginning of each season?

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Not really.

I guess with a bit of digging I could find out but I don't really have the enthusiasm to do it.

I did do a little bit of a Google search out of respect to your request though and found this -

The EFL’s current TV deal amounts to £90m a year – just 3% of the Premier League’s £2.8bn a year, shared among all 72 clubs, although the 24 in the Championship receive the bulk of it. From 2019 an agreed new five-year deal will pay £120m annually. In agreements struck to govern the relationship between the Premier League, which was a breakaway in 1992 from more equal sharing in the Football League, the top flight pays £100m in “solidarity” to lower leagues, including £4.3m to the Championship clubs.

I also remember someone saying (Anderson perhaps?) that the difference being in the Championship to the third tier is around £6 million more per year to the club.

I also found this describing what Wolves got for last season - which doesn't clear things up much either -

That total was made up of a merit payment for their final league position (£1.9m), TV fees (£13.6m) and their share of the huge broadcasting deal Premier League clubs sign with Sky Sports and BT Sport at the beginning of each season (£84.4m).

Despite Sky being broadcast partner, TV money in the EFL is far less than in the Premier League. Championship clubs chosen to host matches are awarded £100,000 per game - unless it’s played on Sunday (£120,000) or Thursday (£140,000) - while away teams collect a fixed fee of £10,000.

So one way of reading the above to me at least is that we would receive something like £84.4 million from the EFL championship pot plus a further £4.3 payment from the FA's PL sop (or is that included in the £84.4m?) plus some crumbs for the TV games we feature on(?).

As for when the staged payments are I can't find any quick answer - sorry - unless you take literally the line above which states 'at the beginning of each season?

How can we receive 84.4 million ? Thats nearly three times what Ken wants for the club and therefore he wouldn't need to sell. Is that not divided between the 24 Championship clubs ?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Dunkels King wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Sluffy, do you know how much we receive from the EFL over a season and when the payments are made?

Not really.

How can we receive 84.4 million ? Thats nearly three times what Ken wants for the club and therefore he wouldn't need to sell. Is that not divided between the 24 Championship clubs ?

As I've said I don't know and haven't spent anytime bothering to analyse the figures just merely copy and pasting them up above.

Reading it again it does make more sense to read it that way which then would probably bring it down to about £3.5 million per club and then add on the £4.3 million on top.

I still wouldn't even take that amount as accurate because I've not been able to find easily any definitive statement as to what the payments to the club are.

Feel free to look it up for yourselves if you really want to know.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks Sluffy.

I had searched on Google myself without feeling confident in what I'd read.

The £3.5million  with the £4.3 million added is probably close to the correct figure.

Perhaps  I should email that bloke in Monaco!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do you not mean Switzerland Cajun? Very Happy

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He was last spotted in Daisy Hill...dunno..

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:He was last spotted in Daisy Hill...dunno..

Must have been on holiday. Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doidgey scores two tonight. Typical.

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:Doidgey scores two tonight. Typical.
Could be playing against them next season.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

DEANO82 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Doidgey scores two tonight. Typical.
Could be playing against them next season.

....when he'll probably score two again

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum