Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you want us to lose our next game?

+24
Jim Royle
Boggersbelief
Bolton Nuts
Copper Dragon
Reebok_Rebel
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Dunkels King
Banks of the Croal
Angry Dad
Sluffy
Lyric Todkill
xmiles
wanderlust
bwfc71
Horwich white
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Born to be a wanderer
JonnyRandom
largehat
jayjay23
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You see I don't get this line of thinking at all.

Coyle is the boss for a reason because he makes the decisions. It's not his number two or any of the backroom staff saying to him 'stick with 4-4-2 and everything will turn out good in the end' because sooner or later he will say 'fuck that it isn't working, give me something else instead'. No it is Coyle who is telling them - I want 4-4-2!

The coaching staff do what Coyle wants them to do - not the other way around!

And it is also bollocks to think get him Sammy Lee or someone else to help him - just think about it a second.

Sammy comes in sets the team up and we start winning - why then do we keep Coyle on - get shut of him and give the job to Lee. They don't sack Coyle so what does Lee do - look for a managers job somewhere else - we are back to having a fucking clueless manager again! What actually as the club gained other than possibly losing a better manager to another club whilst keeping Coyle?

Coyle's been a club manager for NINE years now, he's not new to the game! If he needs help now them what the fuck has he learned in the last 325 (THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE) games that he has already managed???

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He needs to toughen up and quick. Otherwise he'll be back managing in Scotland second tier.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In Little Sam, we're talking about a man next to whom Gary Megson was the lesser of two evils. For Coyle to not know something that Sammy Lee does would be as good an indication that he's not good enough as there'll ever be.

I think there's only so much you can learn about building, picking and organising a team. The rest you're either good at or you're not. You can't for instance teach somebody how to recognise whether a player should be in a team or not - it comes down to personal judgement and Coyle's has been, from my point of view, too questionable for too long for it to be relatively trustworthy.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't buy into the assumption that a manager will not get any better after 1, 5 or 10 years in the job. There are plenty of examples of managers who develop and improve significantly in the middle part of their careers. Lets say Coyle gets the shove at BWFC at some point soon, he could go on to be a successful PL manager elsewhere in the future. He will get job offers.

As for the ongoing point that Coyle plays 4-4-2 and refuses to deviate from that, well, he deviated from it plenty of times last season and has already deviated from it once in 5 games this season. The 4-5-1 obsessives were all quiet about formations on Saturday on here, they got what they wanted and we still got dicked.

Like I said last week, the ability and motivation of the players and the quality of the instructions they are given are a far bigger factor in conceding goals than the difference between 4-4-2 and 4-5-1, and conceding goals is our big problem. These are Coyle's biggest problems to me, organising the team when we haven't got the ball. There's no way of knowing where he will be later in his career.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's 4-4-2 with two attacking wingers as I keep saying though - not 4-4-2 with a diamond formation in the midfield for instance.

Similarly the idea of having two defensive midfielders is to allow the full backs the chance to attack down the wings - to play 4-5-1 with two wingers - Lee and Eagles as Coyle did was a tactical nonsense - you have four players in theory attacking down the wings to provide the ball for a lone striker and one attacking midfield player - just madness - the team was clearly completely unbalanced and was pulled all over the place by Bruce's Hull!

As for Coyle getting better, well they say a smart person learns from their mistakes - Coyle should be a genius by now if he was smart - clearly he is not.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Either coyle mans up and faces the obvious problems or he goes now. I would really like to see hierro in charge, I know he'd be a big risk but I reckon he could be just what we need. A world class defender will certainly know how to sort our shocking defence out. He also doesn't know what hoof ball is and would get us playing or atleast trying to knock the ball about on the deck. (god only knows why coyle is known fr decent football, we play more long ball than ever)

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Gonnawin4coyle wrote:Either coyle mans up and faces the obvious problems or he goes now. I would really like to see hierro in charge, I know he'd be a big risk but I reckon he could be just what we need. A world class defender will certainly know how to sort our shocking defence out. He also doesn't know what hoof ball is and would get us playing or atleast trying to knock the ball about on the deck. (god only knows why coyle is known fr decent football, we play more long ball than ever)

I share your sentiment...

however, the Bolton job was/is too big for coyle.

Hierro does not have enough experience to take us to the next level... that is, were we were before.

maybe as an assistant to somebody with a proven track record yes.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know i don't understand the "get a new backroom team in"

what people are actually saying is "get someone in who will talk Coyle out of everything he's doing"

why not just replace Coyle?

Ok maybe a bit of new thinking behind the scenes would be a good thing, but at the end of the day unless Coyle is making the decision to change his backroom team, any decision like that made over his head would completely undermine his authority and i doubt he'd be too happy do you.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They need a defensive coach, I doubt anyone would argue that point.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But i assume, Coyle believes he has the right man for that job.

obviously results suggest otherwise but if PG brought someone in over Coyles head that would completely undermine his authority and cause ructions.

it will never happen, unless Coyle himself sanctions it.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd imagine the defensive coach option has already been put foward to coyle before now so he can't be keen on bringing someone in.

West ham tried something similar before they got relegated a couple of seasons back and they still went down.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Biggie wrote:It makes no sense to me that so many of you are desperate to have Coyle out yet you still want a win for the team. You can't have it both ways. You know full well that a win for Bolton will give Coyle longer in charge. So which do you want? No manager gets sacked on the back of a win.

Unless he is at Chelsea.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

We don't have to lose for Coyle to go.

Megson went after the 2-2 draw with Hull..

What got him sacked after that game... Crazy tactics & substitutions, letting a lead slip & the anger from the fans...

These ingredients are all around the corner in my opinion..

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

I don't want us to lose any game and we won't lose against Watford.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

We will lose against Watford.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:We will lose against Watford.

My thoughts exactly.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Will we bollocks.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Watford got hammered in their last game so I imagine they will want to prove a point. We need a big performance next week, if we bottle it god help coyle.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Remember that Zola has been at Watford for five minutes. It will take time for him to get to know his players. He will probably be up to speed by the 15th September.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Fri Sep 07 2012, 14:20; edited 1 time in total

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now that ED has had a word about with performances with PG, and PG has for the first time ever had a public word with OC about results, I don't think anyone at the club will be under any illusions about what needs to happen.

PG speaking to OC publicly - 3 games were mentioned - is IMO the equivalent of the eponymous "vote of confidence".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum