Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton SAVED by £10million bid from FV group which includes Pink Floyd drummer Nic Mason

+3
Hip Priest
Cajunboy
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nixon story -

BOLTON have been saved from potential extinction after a £10million offer from group Football Ventures was accepted - with the help of Pink Floyd's drummer.

Supremo Sharon Brittan and rock icon Nick Mason finally got their way after the family of late owner Eddie Davies - the major creditor - accepted a staggered payments deal.

The news is a huge relief for fans of the League One club, who last night saw Bury kicked out of the EFL after their takeover bid collapsed.

SunSport told you how Bury's potential buyers are now begging the EFL to reverse their decision because they do have the £7m needed to buy the side.

Bolton were last night given a two-week extension to bring in a buyer.

The ruling Davies family started off by asking for £17m when the club went into administration but will settle for around £5m paid over the next three years.

And that was only possible after super fan Mike James put in more funds to increase the Football Ventures kitty, as revealed yesterday.

The swoop will also see FV take charge of the club’s hotel which has also been in administration.

New backers were brought on board including long-term business ally and drummer Mason, and Keith Morris, a retired former insurance company owner.

The group will pay around £10m for the club side of the deal and a further £7.4m for the hotel.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9815835/bolton-wanderers-saved-football-ventures/

Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Aug 30 2019, 12:10; edited 2 times in total

We owe a lot to Michael James and the Eddie Davies Trust.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:We owe a lot to Michael James and the Eddie Davies Trust.

The thanks should also be extended to Eddie's family who almost certainly authorised Keir Gordon to make the deal rather than seek the full amount of which it seems they certainly would have benefited from.

It was their inheritance that they waived in order to complete the deal.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Amazing news, I'm just absorbing it.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yesssss!
Shine on you crazy diamond!!!!!!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've created my first ever avatar to celebrate the fact! Not a bad effort for a computer idiot i think  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I've created my first ever avatar to celebrate the fact! Not a bad effort for a computer idiot i think  Very Happy
Sorry mate couldn’t resist Razz Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been called much worse especially on here mate  Very Happy

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well, I still haven't come down from the joy I felt reading the news. In fact: Surprised Laughing Razz Twisted Evil Wink I love you cyclops clown pirat bounce Basketball cheers bom drunken sunny albino santa cherry rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek afro ::dance:: :bow: :clap: :number1: :rofl: :party: :uk: :biggrin: :drinks: :whistle: :drink: :COYW: :geek2: :toppoints: :footy: ::bwfc:: ::bwfcfan::

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Wierd because i was playing the shit out of sheep on Animals when i was told. cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum