Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+26
Whitesince63
Norpig
boltonbonce
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
okocha
Hip Priest
Sluffy
gloswhite
wessy
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
Ten Bobsworth
terenceanne
y2johnny
Hipster_Nebula
observer
xmiles
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Nigelbwfc
bryan458
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 50]

141Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Feb 01 2020, 01:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Not a bad window, Nsiala, Fleming, Bryan, Georgiou, Delaney and Mellis, happy with that lot.
Plus Hamilton from Manure and they've signed Faal and the non-league kid for future development.
The way I see it they're a mixture of fringe players at successful clubs and players that Hill and Flitcroft know from the past who have fallen out of favour.

Thing is we have a full squad now and there's a lot of potential so it will all come down to how Hill and Flitcroft shape them into a team.
Theoretically that will take a few weeks but I'm not sure if we have a few weeks if they think we can avoid relegation so it should be interesting.
At least they did something in the transfer window.

142Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Feb 01 2020, 08:51

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:Not a bad window, Nsiala, Fleming, Bryan, Georgiou, Delaney and Mellis, happy with that lot.
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades

143Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Feb 01 2020, 09:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thankfully no Clough, but I'd definitely have had Bridcutt back, however we may be OK without him now.

144Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Feb 01 2020, 12:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You're easily pleased then Martin1

Anyone any idea about what the plan is?

We hear about 10 year plans and 'Moneyball' but this transfer window doesn't show any sign of those to me.

We have Fleming (left back), Nsiala, Bryan (both centre backs) Hamilton (midfield) and the Cyprus winger - all on loan...

...who have replaced Chickson, Earl, Wright, Birdcut and the Stoke winger.

Personally I think the teams been weakened but we are where we are and have to cut our cloth accordingly in the loan market.

Our transfers in are bad boy Mellis (he's been trouble wherever he's been and apparently is awaiting a court date I believe) - it looks to me that Mansfield were happy to get shut of him, Deleaney who Hill knew from Rochdale, Faal, from tier seven football and poor old Buckley (oh and that kid from Blackpool who has gone on loan to Bamber Bridge!).

I can't see any obvious signs of Moneyball and if anything (with the Deleney signing) it looks to me as though Hill has a big say in signings, still.  So what 'green shoots' of a season has Kenyon's Moneyball achieved?

I'm not having a pop, although it may read that way, I'm just trying to understand where we are going because I can't see it based on what's happened during the whole of January starting with the mass clear out, the Hill rant about not being on the same page, the throwing away of any hopes of staying up by wrecking the defence and achieving just one solitary point in the whole month and now this apparent random bunch of signings seemingly based on no coherent strategy.

It doesn't really matter much this season as we are already relegated (theoretically we aren't but realistically we are) but it looks as though all but possibly Nsiala of the loan players are wanted back at their own club so we aren't going to gain anything on those players, Hill doesn't rate our youth's skill from the academy and our Moneyball so far amounts to a kid now at Bamber Bridge, a striker who can't even get into the bare bones match day squad, a player with 'issues' throughout his career and a player Hill already knew.

Next season may not be a push over as many people seem to think it might - the club is already planning for reduced attendance by closing the upper tiers!

Hope I'm wrong.

145Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Feb 01 2020, 13:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure what plan you think should be in place when we're struggling to put 11 men on the pitch, and having to find them from a pool of free agents and loans.

I doubt Pep or Klopp could do much better if they were managing in the same circumstances.

146Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Feb 01 2020, 14:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm not sure what plan you think should be in place when we're struggling to put 11 men on the pitch, and having to find them from a pool of free agents and loans.

I doubt Pep or Klopp could do much better if they were managing in the same circumstances.

It wasn't me that was talking about 10 year plans and Moneyball though - that was the clubs manager presumably talking about the clubs recruitment strategy for this and future transfer windows.

I'm just saying I couldn't see anything that happened in our signings in this window (both permanent and loans) that matched what was being said - can you?

147Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Feb 01 2020, 14:57

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
It wasn't me that was talking about 10 year plans and Moneyball though - that was the clubs manager presumably talking about the clubs recruitment strategy for this and future transfer windows.

I'm just saying I couldn't see anything that happened in our signings in this window (both permanent and loans) that matched what was being said - can you?

As our esteemed journalist pointed out yesterday, we won't see the moneyball recruitment system until the Summer, but you won't have read it as a staunch Iles detractor.

148Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Feb 01 2020, 15:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

As our esteemed journalist pointed out yesterday, we won't see the moneyball recruitment system until the Summer, but you won't have read it as a staunch Iles detractor.

Ah, so that means we've been paying Kenyon for a full season as a consultant to sit on his hands and do absolutely nothing until the summer - that makes perfect sense.

Carry on believing everything Iles says - it is far easier to do that than think for yourself.

149Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Feb 01 2020, 17:09

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
Ah, so that means we've been paying Kenyon for a full season as a consultant to sit on his hands and do absolutely nothing until the summer - that makes perfect sense.

Carry on believing everything Iles says - it is far easier to do that than think for yourself.

Well as he's on the inside as far as info goes, I think he's far more reliable than you.

150Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Feb 01 2020, 18:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:It wasn't me that was talking about 10 year plans and Moneyball though - that was the clubs manager presumably talking about the clubs recruitment strategy for this and future transfer windows.

The start of the 10 year plan is to presumably have a team ready to compete in League 2 next season, and be ready for a proper promotion push the season after that.

And that's fine with me.

151Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Feb 01 2020, 22:04

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Well as he's on the inside as far as info goes, I think he's far more reliable than you.
After being paid to report on BWFC for over ten years, Marc Iles thinks that Gordon Hargreaves  paid for the Reebok and he is reliable? Sorry Martin but surely you've got to see that there's something seriously ill-informed about anyone that claims that.

And lets not get started on BSA's claim that the Reebok cost £100m and that there was £45m debt when he arrived in 1999. (Page 145 of his autobiography if my memory serves me correctly)

152Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Feb 01 2020, 23:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Not when it comes to basic accountancy, company law and statutory requirements in running companies, which is my area of professional expertise and to be fair to Iles I'm sure he would be the first to admit that too.

As for his 'inside' info goes, then why is it that Nixon invariably beats him on reporting the 'big' stuff?  

Christ Isle's didn't even know that Kenyon was even at the club until Nixon's tweet!

Let me put it another way, if Iles was really so good at his job - with all that's happened at Bolton over the last ten years or so - all those juicy stories with many exclusives to be told, then why hasn't he been head hunted by now by a bigger paper/news organisation - or even a manage a promotion at the Bolton News - ffs he wasn't even given Bonnar's job when he was sacked took early retirement - that's how highly he's rated by those who manage him.

Ever wonder why that is?

Couldn't possibly be that he isn't rated particularly highly at his job by those in his own profession?

Surely not!

153Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Feb 02 2020, 09:44

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't expect Iles to be an accountancy or company law expert but I do expect him, after ten years in the job, to have at least a rudimentary understanding of the financial realities the club and its directors have faced and continue to face.

Iles proves over and over again that its beyond him but, I repeat, that its not just him at the BN that's had this problem and the BN isn't the only newspaper that's peddled half-baked hogwash about BWFC's financial issues.

154Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Feb 02 2020, 10:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The obvious question for TBW and Sluffy is that if you both claim to have the incredible ability to know "what Iles thinks", why don't you put your superpowers to use and write a few articles to keep us up to date with what's going on in the minds of Sharon B and Keith H which would be highly informative and of greater real value than the workings of a bloke trying to sell the local rag to the converted?

Better still could you let us know what's really going on with Boris, Trump, Putin and Xi Jinping? You could make billions whilst making the world a better place.

As for the Moneyball thing, this transfer window has the appearance of it having started already with an influx of undervalued rejects, albeit enforced by our financial circumstances. Perhaps not but it does smell like it.

Couldn't comment on the financial issues as I have a some expertise in business and accountancy - expertise which tells me that it's impossible to make any kind of assessment of what's really happening purely based on COHO filings and rumours. TBH the accounts themselves usually don't tell anything like the whole story and we haven't even seen them yet. What we need are mind readers....

155Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Feb 02 2020, 11:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:The obvious question for TBW and Sluffy is that if you both claim to have the incredible ability to know "what Iles thinks", why don't you put your superpowers to use and write a few articles to keep us up to date with what's going on in the minds of Sharon B and Keith H which would be highly informative and of greater real value than the workings of a bloke trying to sell the local rag to the converted?

Better still could you let us know what's really going on with Boris, Trump, Putin and Xi Jinping? You could make billions whilst making the world a better place.

As for the Moneyball thing, this transfer window has the appearance of it having started already with an influx of undervalued rejects, albeit enforced by our financial circumstances. Perhaps not but it does smell like it.

Couldn't comment on the financial issues as I have a some expertise in business and accountancy - expertise which tells me that it's impossible to make any kind of assessment of what's really happening purely based on COHO filings and rumours. TBH the accounts themselves usually don't tell anything like the whole story and we haven't even seen them yet. What we need are mind readers....

Oh hello on the vodka already!

Ever thought that YOU are the one constantly telling everybody else about what everybody they should think - Brexit (for which you voted FOR don't forget), Johnson, Trump, Murdock, etc.

As for you "couldn't comment on financial issues" have you forgotten you spent the last THREE YEARS pontificating about what Anderson was doing to the club and yet TWO sets of Administrators forensically going through the books haven't found anything wrong?

Oh I forget though, you know better than them too!

Tell us again about you, a near SEVENTY year old bloke, playing football with the young lads from down the pub - makes me laugh every time I read it.

Who are you trying to kid - yourself maybe?

156Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Feb 02 2020, 15:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:The obvious question for TBW and Sluffy is that if you both claim to have the incredible ability to know "what Iles thinks", why don't you put your superpowers to use and write a few articles to keep us up to date with what's going on in the minds of Sharon B and Keith H which would be highly informative and of greater real value than the workings of a bloke trying to sell the local rag to the converted?

Oh hello on the vodka already!

Ever thought that YOU are the one constantly telling everybody else about what everybody they should think - Brexit (for which you voted FOR don't forget), Johnson, Trump, Murdock, etc.

As for you "couldn't comment on financial issues" have you forgotten you spent the last THREE YEARS pontificating about what Anderson was doing to the club and yet TWO sets of Administrators forensically going through the books haven't found anything wrong?

Oh I forget though, you know better than them too!

Tell us again about you, a near SEVENTY year old bloke, playing football with the young lads from down the pub - makes me laugh every time I read it.

Who are you trying to kid - yourself maybe?
a) I never tell people what to think as I assume they are capable of making up their own minds. Don't shy away from saying what I think though.
b) I never claim to know what other people are thinking which was the actual point I made if you'd care to calm down and actually read it.
c) Having prepared financial statements for many organisations, I reiterate the point I actually made which is that the "books" don't tell the whole story of what is happening in the business - they provide an indication and primarily serve the organisation to e.g. attract investment, calm shareholders or whatever the business need is - as anyone with an accountancy background would know. 
d) Played OK on Friday and scored a couple (1 classy, one a bit fluky) during my 10 minute sojourn up top, but had 3 saved by a very good goalie. But most of the time I was putting their attackers in my pocket as per where I tend to play these days. FYI it's usually between 6 and 8 a side on a 4G pitch  - I'd be useless on a full sized pitch these days TBH.

157Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Feb 03 2020, 07:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lustys heads gone.

158Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Feb 04 2020, 01:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Lustys heads gone.
If you're that desperate to find a friend, but daren't leave your dingy little flat please call 116 123 or visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]for further instructions.

159Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Feb 04 2020, 13:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Lustys heads gone.
While yours has disappeared up Sluffys arse

160Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Mar 11 2020, 13:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boon leaves Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers can announce that defender Jordan Boon has left the club by mutual consent and will now join Swedish side IFK Ostersund, on an LFE sponsored placement.

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk, Boon said: “I would like to thank everyone at Bolton Wanderers for what they have done for me during my time at the club.”

“This was a hard decision to make, but when the opportunity arose, I could not turn it down.”

"The fans were great to me this season and when I made my debut, were supportive throughout."

“I wish the club nothing but the best for the future.”

The 19-year-old made five appearances for the Whites this season, making his debut against Rochdale in the Carabao Cup in August.

We would like to thank Jordan for his contributions and wish him the best in his future endeavours.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum